Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2014 7:43:30 AM EDT
and camping.  Sponsored by another (non competing with ARF) forum.  Swing by on Saturday if you like.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 7:29:04 PM EDT
[#1]
my buddy was just up there last weekend camping and shooting with his family , he said they had a good time with pretty decent weather.   i might be heading up with a friend this weekend to do a little shooting , if we make it up there it will more than likely be sat morning.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 2:59:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmm...  Same day as the Tannerite and BBQ shoot down between Richmond and Petersburg.   I'll get back to Gore sometime this year.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 11:03:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I haven't been up there in years. Be cool if you guys could take a couple photos, understand it's changed some.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:06:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I haven't been up there in years. Be cool if you guys could take a couple photos, understand it's changed some.
View Quote

range has been smoothed out, not a decline like it used to be, the road up there is still a PITA though
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:08:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Will do.  It's no longer a trash heap and has an RS; both of which are good things.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 8:19:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Darn I gotta head out of town this weekend for work.

Do you still need a 4WD to get up to the range?  My Honda may not be up to the task.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:42:35 AM EDT
[#7]
my buddy drove his dodge neon up there so it really depends on how hard you are willing to push your vehicle
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 2:23:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Will do.  It's no longer a trash heap and has an RS; both of which are good things.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool, thanks man. I don't care about the road, part of the charm. The trash heap aspect had its appeal sometimes too...but I guess it's an improvement if it's cleaned up.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 4:29:43 PM EDT
[#9]
dont remember if its 100 yds or not but they have steel silhouettes that look to be life size
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 7:27:21 PM EDT
[#10]
We were up there this weekend, due to rain on Friday we were forced to shoot on Saturday.  There were at least 60 people on the range, total chaos.  I was muzzle swept more than a gun show, and the .308 cease-fire breach when we were halfway to the targets was the icing on the cake.  The weekend RSOs do what they can but there are just too many people out there to control.  We camp there twice a year and for now on we'll definitely skip shooting if forced to go on sat/sun.  As far as the new range, yes, it's cleaned up quite a bit and they've got some big plans for a 700yd range but I'm not sure it'll be this year.

-innova
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 4:02:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
We were up there this weekend, due to rain on Friday we were forced to shoot on Saturday.  There were at least 60 people on the range, total chaos.  I was muzzle swept more than a gun show, and the .308 cease-fire breach when we were halfway to the targets was the icing on the cake.  The weekend RSOs do what they can but there are just too many people out there to control.  We camp there twice a year and for now on we'll definitely skip shooting if forced to go on sat/sun.  As far as the new range, yes, it's cleaned up quite a bit and they've got some big plans for a 700yd range but I'm not sure it'll be this year.

-innova
View Quote

The problem was the Big Dogs jeep get together.  It's not always that bad.  We were up top to the left, avoiding the chaos but there was some characters and some whiners on the main range.  

The range looks great!  I like the steel set up at what I guess is 75 and 100 yards.
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 4:23:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Big Dogs events are always pretty large, I am just disapointed I was not there for the Jeep fun.

How is the Cove doing, have not been there in a few years.
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 4:01:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
How is the Cove doing, have not been there in a few years.
View Quote

They won't let you shoot over 1 lb of tannerite at a time now
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top