Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2014 6:45:01 PM EDT
My order for 5k  .40 projectiles shipped from Montana today, and I'm picking up 5k 9mm projectiles and 10k primers this weekend from Immortal Arms.  That's 206 lbs of bullets, and should take care of the kid and me for the season.  Let the reloading begin!!!!

Link Posted: 2/26/2014 9:30:17 PM EDT
[#1]
That should hold you for a while!
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 4:40:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Not unless he has a gun with a happy switch.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 5:10:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sadly, no.  This is all pretty much for the USPSA season though, which I'm really psyched about!
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 5:18:54 AM EDT
[#4]
sounds like you are.... Golden with THOSE bullets.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 8:47:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My order for 5k  .40 projectiles shipped from Montana today
View Quote

Delivery guy is going to love that!
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 10:49:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My order for 5k  .40 projectiles shipped from Montana today

Yep - its a safe bet that Kcobean is off his delivery guy's Christmas card list.

That amount of ammo is not unusual for shooting sports like 3gun, USPSA or IDPA.  

I don't compete much at all these days.  But in 2005 I had all the free range time I wanted and was running a small club match (plus I was single, no kids & in much better shape!).  

Between 3gun, USPSA and IDPA (plus a few steel shoots & some ICORE) I was loading and shooting about 15,000 rounds per year.  Some guys  shot a lot more than that.  

To shoot that much & not go broke, its practically required to load your own ammo; I kind of enjoy it personally.  Once the press was set up, 10 minutes = about 100 to 150 rounds of pistol ammo for the next day's shoot.

Once the kids are older, I hope to get back into it the way Kcobean has done with his son (reminder to self: get in better shape!).  Best of luck to you guys this season and please post a few updates here in the HTF from time to time to let us know how its going.

CBR
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 5:03:18 PM EDT
[#7]
UPS limit is  over 100 pounds, but holding things to around 60-70 pounds is a lot better.
The old limit was around 70 pounds.
Bulk packs of bullets are usually held to that limit per carton by the shipper do to box strength limits.
Just use multiple boxes.
I have a lot of 69 pound boxes for .45, .38 super, and .357.
A shelf under a loading bench is a great place to park them.

Link Posted: 2/27/2014 8:01:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
sounds like you are.... Golden with THOSE bullets.  
View Quote

HAHA....close, but these are not from Montana Gold.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 8:02:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
UPS limit is  over 100 pounds, but holding things to around 60-70 pounds is a lot better.
Bulk packs of bullets are usually held to that limit per carton by the shipper do to box strength limits.
Just use multiple boxes.

View Quote

Yeah, the .40 bullets showed up in two boxes.  Total weight was 118 lbs, so they worked out to about 60 lbs each.
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 3:36:32 AM EDT
[#10]
2000 Sierra .30 175s will fit in a medium flatrate box and weighs 52 lbs.  My mailman hates me too, especially when there were two of those boxes.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 6:41:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yeah, the .40 bullets showed up in two boxes.  Total weight was 118 lbs, so they worked out to about 60 lbs each.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just use multiple boxes.

Just means you get dinged for two boxes.
Not all that big a deal since if they ship them as 1 and 2 of a set they get a break back down for that.
Only one computer record but 2 items.
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 7:47:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just use multiple boxes.

For 40 S&W, are you shooting the 180 grn or the 200 grn bullet?  

I am guessing Precision Delta or Zero brand JHP bullets from Roze Distributors?
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 4:38:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just use multiple boxes.

165gr at just a hair over 1000 FPS to make major power-factor.  These are HSM plated HPs.
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 4:52:23 PM EDT
[#14]
I'd be curious about the bullet weight/style and how they shoot for you.

My son has a .40 S&W (Beretta 90-Two) and while I've got a .40 S&W barrel for M&P FS I keep a .357 SIG barrel in it.  I'm interested in loading and storing some .40 S&W hollow points in the next year.

Hey, I noticed the other day that Blue Dot is not only a good powder for .40 S&W with high performance (vs. plinking) loads and the loading source (Nosler Bullets website/loading data) mentioned it was the most accurate powder tested for those 135 grain bullets we loaded for my son to shoot.
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 6:41:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'd be curious about the bullet weight/style and how they shoot for you.

My son has a .40 S&W (Beretta 90-Two) and while I've got a .40 S&W barrel for M&P FS I keep a .357 SIG barrel in it.  I'm interested in loading and storing some .40 S&W hollow points in the next year.

Hey, I noticed the other day that Blue Dot is not only a good powder for .40 S&W with high performance (vs. plinking) loads and the loading source (Nosler Bullets website/loading data) mentioned it was the most accurate powder tested for those 135 grain bullets we loaded for my son to shoot.
View Quote

They are a 165 grains, plated, and have a rounded profile.  This is my second purchase of these bullets, the last being 4500 rounds.  I have about 700 left of that batch.  They feed perfectly in my XDm and are as accurate as I need them to be for what I do.  I have no idea how they would perform as a self-defense round.  i.e. I don't know how they would expand or mushroom.  I carry something else for SD.

Here's a pic.

Link Posted: 3/2/2014 1:30:16 PM EDT
[#16]
I wonder where you get all the brass for all that loading.
;)
Link Posted: 3/2/2014 2:53:15 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

My order for 5k  .40 projectiles shipped from Montana today, and I'm picking up 5k 9mm projectiles and 10k primers this weekend from Immortal Arms.  That's 206 lbs of bullets, and should take care of the kid and me for the season.  Let the reloading begin!!!!

View Quote
Sorry about the primers, I saw them at Immortal Arms when I picked up a new compact carry piece last week. When I found out they were partially yours, I couldn't resist...

Link Posted: 3/2/2014 8:19:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
;)
View Quote

I still have over 10,000 mil .45 ACP cases. TZ, TZZ.
The mil used to buy them for practice and use US made cases for the middle east to avoid 'offending' the ROPers.
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 10:11:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
;)
View Quote

LOL....I get them from this guy name Gary.  You may know him.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 10:13:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Sorry about the primers, I saw them at Immortal Arms when I picked up a new compact carry piece last week. When I found out they were partially yours, I couldn't resist...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got the 10K I was expecting from Mark yesterday.

BTW, I got the Jeep very dirty out at Chaos ORP in Capon Bridge this weekend.  What a hoot!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top