Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 9/7/2011 11:07:04 AM EDT
November 19th, from 10 to 3 pm located at Scott's house.

His corrected email is:  [email protected]

Please email for directions to the meet, since he has graciously offered his back yard to facilitate this event.  

Also, please bring a little something if you can (soda, chips, cups, ice, tables, chairs, etc. oh and no ALCOHOL) along with your gear for trade/sale-or just to stop by and pick up something.  State and federal laws will apply, obviously.  And please be discrete as you come around to the back, keeping weapons concealed/cased when possible/legal since this is a quiet neighborhood.  

Time to clear out the old holsters, ammo, assorted belts, gear, stocks, bags, cases, hunting gear, knives, etc.?  Whatever you fancy to trade or sell and whatever is legal.

Link Posted: 9/7/2011 11:24:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm interested.  Missed the one last year due to a schedule conflict.
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 11:45:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I am in, depending on weekend/date
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 12:32:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't own enough to swap anything
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 1:37:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Last year's event would have cured that problem.  

Link Posted: 9/7/2011 1:59:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I would be up for one
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 2:23:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Definately interested.  I somehow missed the last one.  

Have a Hornady LNL AP press (early model) I'd like to get rid of.  Just taking up space in my basement.  Along with some other stuff.

Link Posted: 9/7/2011 2:52:17 PM EDT
[#7]
in! just say when
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 3:11:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

But I'd still like to meet some more arfcommers.

Link Posted: 9/7/2011 3:57:02 PM EDT
[#9]
In like Flynn
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 4:15:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah. Let's do it. Any weekend except 10/8 and 10/15.
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 5:56:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Sounds like fun. When and where?
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 8:00:39 PM EDT
[#12]
I am in.
Link Posted: 9/8/2011 8:14:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:

But I'd still like to meet some more arfcommers.

Of course.  I'm in like Flynn.
Link Posted: 9/8/2011 8:30:52 AM EDT
[#14]
I am in.
Link Posted: 9/8/2011 8:58:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Hmmm interesting idea?

Get out of basement when the fireball in the sky is out

Get rid of dohicky's and thing a ma bobs I have that are gun related and taking up space!

(fudge gotta work the next 2 sundays and Im not shure about next sat So if you all set a date and a place I'll see about partaking in such festivities
Link Posted: 9/8/2011 10:05:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Hey we did one of these maybe a year ago.  It was very succesful (I came home with more than I left with ).

Just wondering if there was any push for another one of these?  You know clear out the old holsters, ammo, assorted belts, gear, stocks, etc.?

We had a great time the last time, got to meet some cool ARFCOMMERS

Where did you guys host the last one?
Link Posted: 9/8/2011 10:22:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey we did one of these maybe a year ago.  It was very succesful (I came home with more than I left with ).

Just wondering if there was any push for another one of these?  You know clear out the old holsters, ammo, assorted belts, gear, stocks, etc.?

I very kind guy's backyard in Alexandria .
Link Posted: 9/8/2011 12:57:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Wonder if you could host it at like Burke Lake Park?  They allow open carry so I wonder if a swap meet would be ok?  I mean, throw a few hamburgers and dogs on the grill and its a swap picnic.

Link Posted: 9/8/2011 2:47:27 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not sure the new inhabitants would approve.

Link Posted: 9/8/2011 2:48:30 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Wonder if you could host it at like Burke Lake Park?  They allow open carry so I wonder if a swap meet would be ok?  I mean, throw a few hamburgers and dogs on the grill and its a swap picnic.

Not a bad idea - it's close to the Parkway, so it should be easy to get to for everyone.

Link Posted: 9/8/2011 3:23:54 PM EDT
[#21]
You could use my backyard.o
Link Posted: 9/8/2011 3:38:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Hmm... How do I put this nicely?  
Do we , uh, know you?  

Link Posted: 9/8/2011 4:01:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Well I am an army captain, and full bar plus an acre fenced backyard on a hill.
Link Posted: 9/8/2011 4:11:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Army ? well in that case ...

Where abouts are ya ? general zipcode ...
Link Posted: 9/8/2011 4:17:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Maybe in.  Depending on day, time, work load, etc.

Maybe have it near Fredericksburg and draw from the Richmond area as well?  (just tossing it out there)  If that's the case, even more in.
Link Posted: 9/8/2011 4:18:16 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

bar???  

Fenced backyard???

I think the VA HTF has a new best friend.  

Link Posted: 9/8/2011 4:49:18 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm in.....lets lock down a date.
Link Posted: 9/8/2011 5:41:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was awesome!  Great chow & drinks provided too (I still owe you a cold drink & some tasty BBQ).  Could not ask for better folks or better times.  I certainly spent more than I'd planned, and there were STILL a dozen or more things I wished I had bought/traded for.

Link Posted: 9/8/2011 8:10:39 PM EDT
[#29]
In!
Link Posted: 9/8/2011 8:21:55 PM EDT
[#30]
In!

For park...  Open carry of an "assault rifle" as defined in VA requires a valid CC permit.  That, and I don't want to read a headline in the local fish wrapper about the new militia threat in VA  
Link Posted: 9/8/2011 8:24:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
In!

For park...  Open carry of an "assault rifle" as defined in VA requires a valid CC permit.  That, and I don't want to read a headline in the local fish wrapper about the new militia threat in VA  

Well so long as it's not select fire it should be g2g right?
Link Posted: 9/8/2011 9:32:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
In!

Well so long as it's not select fire it should be g2g right?

In.
Link Posted: 9/8/2011 11:53:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Just throwing it out there, maybe somewhere in the Charlottesville area?  I figure if we have it in the middle of the state everyone can get in on the action and not have to drive clear to NoVA.  I'm up for wherever though.
Link Posted: 9/9/2011 12:34:20 AM EDT
[#34]
i don't mind driving, and I'm sure if we all brought gear, a little bit off food & drinks, the gentleman in the army with the acre lot might be a good choice, depending on location.  Might even pull some MD arfcommers (those poor bastards ).

The biggest thing we might need is some fold up tables.
Link Posted: 9/9/2011 2:43:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Why the hell not.
Link Posted: 9/9/2011 2:46:48 AM EDT
[#36]
I'm in
Link Posted: 9/9/2011 5:14:25 AM EDT
[#37]
So we need someone to confirm a place, that we work on a date.

Alright-LETS DO THIS!!

Lerrrrrrrrrooooooooooooooooooooy Jennnnnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiiiiins!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2011 11:45:11 AM EDT
[#38]
I'd be down with a NoVA event.
Link Posted: 9/9/2011 3:04:22 PM EDT
[#39]
I might be game depending when it is. Like someone else said, I don't have very much, but I'll bring what little I have that I no longer need!
Link Posted: 9/9/2011 3:19:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Screw them. They rented our place back to us until we move to Sterling in October.

Plus i now have a smoker as well.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/9/2011 5:42:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Sounds good to me if I'm in town and not on call.
Link Posted: 9/9/2011 6:15:39 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Screw them. They rented our place back to us until we move to Sterling in October.

Plus i now have a smoker as well.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

I was envisioning us arriving unannounced after the newbies had moved in, sort of a "welcome wagon" moment.  

Smoker, you say?  

Link Posted: 9/10/2011 9:58:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Isnt there a Fishersville show in a few weeks? Everyone come an hour early?
Link Posted: 9/11/2011 2:59:33 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

They would probably have an issue with a flea market going on outside of the show

I would be in for something in NoVa or Fredericksburg...........maybe at VFW in Dale City?  They rent the hall all of the time.  Just charge 5 bucks at the door to cover the rental fee.

Link Posted: 9/11/2011 6:22:42 AM EDT
[#45]
I might be down!
Link Posted: 9/11/2011 5:19:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They would probably have an issue with a flea market going on outside of the show

I would be in for something in NoVa or Fredericksburg...........maybe at VFW in Dale City?  They rent the hall all of the time.  Just charge 5 bucks at the door to cover the rental fee.

Meh, no offense but with so many gorgeous State/National Parks and arfcommers' houses, I see no reason to pay for a location.
Link Posted: 9/12/2011 3:03:56 AM EDT
[#47]

Let's do this thing.
Link Posted: 9/12/2011 3:16:12 AM EDT
[#48]
Burke Lake?  

You guys would have FCPD SWAT team and a Jet Ranger there in about 10 minutes.  

Link Posted: 9/12/2011 5:58:31 AM EDT
[#49]
I was there last year (I was the late guy who got there late!) and got some great bargains! I still use the CC kydex holster that Bulldog sold me! Great food and great company!

I'm definitely in for the next one!

I've got a few firearms to sell and plenty of odds & ends and gear
Link Posted: 9/12/2011 1:00:07 PM EDT
[#50]
That would be awesome! I've got a BUNCH and I mean a BUNCH of parts, rifles, gear to swap. Good stuff too! Wife will be most happy hahahahha
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top