Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2017 7:05:30 PM EDT
Any one know? And if so what would the specifics be?
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 7:13:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Any one know? And if so what would the specifics be?
View Quote

Well, since there are places that are involved with suppressors and ranges that rent full auto, I'd say the answer is yes.

Dont know the legalities, but I assume its having the proper type of FFL and accompanying SOT licenses.

Edit:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Firearms_License
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Occupational_Taxpayers

Special Occupational Taxpayer Classes

Class 1, Usage: importer of NFA firearms
Class 2, Usage: manufacturer/dealer of NFA firearms
Class 3, Usage: dealer of NFA firearms

Class 1 SOT status requires an importer FFL, either Type 8 or 11.
Class 2 SOT status requires a manufacturer FFL, either Type 7 or 10.
Class 3 SOT status requires a dealer or manufacturer FFL, either Type 1, 2, 7, 8, 9, 10, or 11.

Editx2
https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_23/610623_NFA-dealers-in-Illinois-.html
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 7:46:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 9:17:57 PM EDT
[#3]
SOT is what I will look into than..
Thanks
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 10:20:59 PM EDT
[#4]
If you are a regular ffl, then all you need to do is get a FEIN #, fill out a SOT form and mail them $500. In a few weeks you will get your SOT in the mail. Then unless you are buying pre samples or transferable you will need to get a demo letter from a PD to obtain post sample guns. Keep in mind for the time being only a Type 07 manufacturer gun or ammo can possess suppressors a  regular 03 cannot.

And I am a C3 dealer in Il.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 6:54:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you are a regular ffl, then all you need to do is get a FEIN #, fill out a SOT form and mail them $500. In a few weeks you will get your SOT in the mail. Then unless you are buying pre samples or transferable you will need to get a demo letter from a PD to obtain post sample guns. Keep in mind for the time being only a Type 07 manufacturer gun or ammo can possess suppressors a  regular 03 cannot.

And I am a C3 dealer in Il.
View Quote
FEIN # ??
And I'm confused on the suppressors??
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 8:36:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

FEIN # ??
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

FEIN # ??
Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) (same as an EIN or Tax ID Number)

Quoted:
IKeep in mind for the time being only a Type 07 manufacturer gun or ammo can possess suppressors a  regular 03 cannot.
Type 3 is a Curio & Relic (C&R) FFL which is not eligible for suppressors, only SBRs (at least in IL). Basically, I expect you will want a type 7 FFL  and SOT 3  See other posts of those more knowledgable than myself on FFL/SOT combos.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 9:27:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Class 3 is a general term for a regular MG dealer. Not to be confused with a "type 3" C&R license.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 2:18:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for all the info!
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 9:09:03 PM EDT
[#9]
As an 01 FFL (dealer) your SOT would be 03 that allows post samples with law letters. As an 07 FFL (manufacturer) your SOT would be 02 and allows same post samples with letter or if someone is giving up their sot and selling their post samples the 07/02 can purchase without law letter, you can also manufacturer your own post samples (filing the correct forms with atf) also the 07/02 in Illinois allows you to get suppressors for demo.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 11:13:59 AM EDT
[#10]
F.J. Volmer was a well known NFA dealer. laws may have changed since they went out of business
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 8:19:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 8:58:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
F.J. Volmer was a well known NFA dealer. laws may have changed since they went out of business
View Quote
I remember going there at least every other week to buy cheap used guns to sell, the good old days!
Oh and Rob got his voice fixed several years ago.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 9:34:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Site sponsor PKFirearms is a Class 3 Dealer here in IL.  SBRs, full auto and suppressors.
So, Yes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top