Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2017 9:56:07 PM EDT
Hello everyone ,

I will be heading to buffalo rock next week with family & wanted to ask what to bring to make it a fun outing

I Will be bringing the following :

- Guns , mags , ammo , spare parts & cleaning gear.
- a few packs of 12" dirty bird targets
- eyes & ears for all of us
- sunblock
- cooler with water & gatorade

Can you smoke anywhere near or around the shooting area  ?
Can adults without a foid shoot with you ?
Places nearby to get a bite ?

Any info appreciated , anythIng you guys recommend for me to bring.

Thanks.  Pep
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 11:20:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm pretty sure that anywhere in the state of Illinois, the owner of the guns has the FOID, guests can shoot

as long as card holder is present.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 12:08:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I asked on other non FOID holders cause it shows a waiver fill out on buffalo's site & FOID card number is required or No FOID # required if he/she is out of state resident.

It also shows that 18 & younger can shoot with adult supervision but I couldn't find any other info on other adults who don't have FOIDS shooting....

I might not be reading it right though , thanks.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 12:22:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm pretty sure that anywhere in the state of Illinois, the owner of the guns has the FOID, guests can shoot

as long as card holder is present.
View Quote
I've heard some ranges have a more strict policy than what the law allows.  If it is not on their web page, you might want to contact them first.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 12:42:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Do you plan to use the pit?  Cant find the post now, but read a guy recently forgot to bring stuff for that so non traditional targets like stuffed animals, milk jugs,  melons, Christmas lawn figures, etc might be in order
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 1:30:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Aha..... thanks IB.

Gotta stock up on some pit targets. It's gonna be close to 2hour drive so I wanna be prepared. Any other suggestions , keep'em coming.

Thanks , Pep
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 12:57:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Bring a stapler to hang your targets on the 50/100 yard ranges.  Tape works, but doesn't hold onto the cardboard as well in my experience.

Debatable if it's worth bringing targets for the pit or not.  They don't have cease fires as often as the rest of the range and there is usually a decent amount of things down there already.  If you have the space, might as well though.

If shooting the pit, bring a bit more ammo than you would normally.  You can go through it pretty quick when there are no restrictions.

Regarding the FOID I'd just give them a call.  The people working there have been very nice in my experience.

They have a small building down by the pit that sells food now.  The usual hotdog/brat type stuff.  Tangled Roots is a brewery in Ottowa that has pretty good food if you're looking for somewhere to go, it's about 10 mins away.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 11:35:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bring a stapler to hang your targets on the 50/100 yard ranges.  Tape works, but doesn't hold onto the cardboard as well in my experience.

Debatable if it's worth bringing targets for the pit or not.  They don't have cease fires as often as the rest of the range and there is usually a decent amount of things down there already.  If you have the space, might as well though.

If shooting the pit, bring a bit more ammo than you would normally.  You can go through it pretty quick when there are no restrictions.

Regarding the FOID I'd just give them a call.  The people working there have been very nice in my experience.

They have a small building down by the pit that sells food now.  The usual hotdog/brat type stuff.  Tangled Roots is a brewery in Ottowa that has pretty good food if you're looking for somewhere to go, it's about 10 mins away.
View Quote
Thank you ,

I called  them , really nice over the phone. 2 non FOID adults with drivers license per FOID which will work for us. I'm taking 2 of my Brothers which is perfect. I'll add the stapler , thanks for the other info aswell.

Ammo is taken care of , some Pit targets are coming together. It's gonna be fun , hopefully Monday morning won't be too packed with the nice weather.

Thanks again.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top