Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/21/2017 5:35:10 PM EDT
FDE Glock 17 w/ Upgrades FOR SALE

Hey guys, i've got a 10 month old at home now but i'm still hoping to do a shoot this year!

I'm gauging interest right now so post up if you're interested.   Past threads are below with lots of info, pics, etc.   My farm is located near Hennepin, IL which is about 45 minutes north of Peoria.  Anyone with a FOID is welcome.

Further details can be established down the road but in the past we have met around 8am, shot all day, etc. and both times we did plan a night shoot but do to interest, fatigue, and weather they never materialized.  

I have a 500 yard range with steel targets that can handle 2-3 people wide at further distances, 3-5 shooters at close distances.

As stated, further details can be established as the date gets closer.   I do ask that everyone make a small "donation" to help with range upkeep, etc (target replacement, paint, mowing, etc).   I also ask that everyone attending sign a liability waiver.

Tentatively looking at the saturday after labor day; Saturday September 9th!

ATTENDEES: PLEASE READ

For those of you who plan on coming, please PM me here with your name, hometown, and what types of shooting you would like to do/ what firearms you plan to bring.

I will reply to everyone with my cell phone number and information to get to the range.

Does anyone object to meeting at 9am?

List of ARFCOM members attending:
1. Cschelk2 (Chris)
2. Alpharomeofifteen
3. Hoss454
4. Jrf1983 +2
5. Kvanderploeg
6. Jagrmaister (Maybe)
7.  I have 2-4 friends coming who are not on arfcom
8. Druwzfoster
9. P08

2016 ARFCOM shoot

2015 ARFCOM shoot
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 6:36:20 PM EDT
[#1]
IN!
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 6:38:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds good to me....I had a GREAT time last year....
I think we should get a bigger tarp, to make clean up more efficient.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 7:49:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I might be interested, is your property MG friendly?
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:25:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I might be interested, is your property MG friendly?
View Quote
MG?
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 12:31:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Machine Gun 

OR

Link Posted: 6/22/2017 6:45:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

MG?
View Quote
Guns with happy switches.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 7:39:43 PM EDT
[#7]
In.  As long as work doesn't interfere yet again
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 6:01:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Tag to see how my schedule looks.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 7:29:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Thank you for organizing again, Chris.  Very generous of you, as always.  I'm in, provided I'm not literally in the middle of moving.  Number of guns available may be questionable if I have them moved into temporary storage.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 9:56:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Interested in both day and night shoot (nods).
Can we camp?
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:13:06 AM EDT
[#11]
It looks like September 9th is the same day as the Manticore Arms Bullpup Shoot.  http://www.bullpupshoot.com/
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 1:10:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It looks like September 9th is the same day as the Manticore Arms Bullpup Shoot.  http://www.bullpupshoot.com/
View Quote
Unfortunately this is the only day i have available prior to deer season beginning on October 1st and all range trips will cease after this weekend because of it.  I dont think it will play a large role in those who may or may not attend.

As far as camping out, we can discuss this later but for the time being i dont see camping out as being a possibility.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 2:36:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Thank you for organizing again, Chris.  Very generous of you, as always.  I'm in, provided I'm not literally in the middle of moving.  Number of guns available may be questionable if I have them moved into temporary storage.
View Quote
Yes Chris is super nice to let us go by his farm and shoot and have good old time.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 2:37:42 PM EDT
[#14]
In

I'll bring extra chain
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:54:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 5:13:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

How about you just come out to Bullpup Shoot that day and have the ARFCOM shoot there?  We have an open bay that you can shoot your own guns and we supply the steel, we have RSO's, food, Vendors, etc.

Honestly probably the best place an ARFCOM hometown shoot could happen.  

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote
I hear ya but it's a lot easier for me to drive 20 minutes to the range!
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 7:04:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
How about you just come out to Bullpup Shoot that day and have the ARFCOM shoot there?  We have an open bay that you can shoot your own guns and we supply the steel, we have RSO's, food, Vendors, etc.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Unfortunately this is the only day i have available prior to deer season beginning on October 1st and all range trips will cease after this weekend because of it.  I dont think it will play a large role in those who may or may not attend.

As far as camping out, we can discuss this later but for the time being i dont see camping out as being a possibility.

Sven
Manticore Arms
You're not wrong, but that is a brutal drive for mid-central IL people.

That shoot more of a weekend event than an arrive and drive / run what ya brung type shoot, IMO. That said, I will be there some day!
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 10:46:14 PM EDT
[#18]
tag
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 3:08:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
In

I'll bring extra chain
View Quote
Remember to dry your shirts on high, tighter the better!  No reason not to wear a tight shirt.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 3:09:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Chris,

Had a great time in 2016, will mark my calendar now.

Want me to handle name tags/sharpies?

Can bring EZ-up shade canopy again if needed.  September should be more mild in temps. :)
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 5:21:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Chris,

Can bring EZ-up shade canopy again if needed.  September should be more mild in temps. :)
View Quote
That all sounds great.  I thought June would be mild last year but hey, who knows!
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 3:37:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Can I bring a friend? They need a FOID?
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 6:25:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Can I bring a friend? They need a FOID?
View Quote
Everyone needs a FOID that will be shooting.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 7:44:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Chris,

View Quote
The name tags are a great idea. I made it to the 2015 shoot (but not the 2016) and I found myself asking the other guys what their names/Arfcom user names were.

I had a couple of ideas for the shoot that could be fun- depending on time available and if it's OK with Chris of course.

How about a simple MOA challenge? Bring your precision rig and shoot a single 5 shot group at 100 yards. Best group get a prize.

And/or

When we back up to 500 yards, we could do- "most hits from a 20 round mag on a certain size steel target" Most number of hits gets a prize. 
(I've never shot out that far, so I'm not sure what size target would be best for that range.)

I'll provide the "prizes". Maybe some Arfcom swag or something similar.

Just suggestions- If they are dumb ideas forget about it 
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 3:42:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The name tags are a great idea. I made it to the 2015 shoot (but not the 2016) and I found myself asking the other guys what their names/Arfcom user names were.

I had a couple of ideas for the shoot that could be fun- depending on time available and if it's OK with Chris of course.

How about a simple MOA challenge? Bring your precision rig and shoot a single 5 shot group at 100 yards. Best group get a prize.

And/or

When we back up to 500 yards, we could do- "most hits from a 20 round mag on a certain size steel target" Most number of hits gets a prize. 
(I've never shot out that far, so I'm not sure what size target would be best for that range.)

View Quote
I'm all for it but a lot of plans and organization go out the window with a decent group of people.  I'm game though and like the idea
Link Posted: 7/1/2017 8:33:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'm all for it but a lot of plans and organization go out the window with a decent group of people.  I'm game though and like the idea
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And/or

Yeah if it does not pan out no big deal. If folks are interested and we have the time, I think it will be fun.  I'll be prepared for it nonetheless.
I'm building a big paper target holder that will be perfect for the MOA challenge. It's going to hold two pieces of poster board for multiple bulls eyes.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 10:05:20 AM EDT
[#27]
In!
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 1:01:38 PM EDT
[#28]
TTT

I think a timed pistol shoot of some sort would be a fun comp. too.  Fastest shot on target from the holster, etc.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 3:21:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
TTT

I think a timed pistol shoot of some sort would be a fun comp. too.  Fastest shot on target from the holster, etc.
View Quote
That would be cool. I'll take last place right now.... my pistol skills kinda suck 
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 5:36:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
That would be cool. I'll take last place right now.... my pistol skills kinda suck 
View Quote
No worries i'm not the best shot or fastest draw...Practice makes perfect..right???
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 8:59:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Good news, I still have the same shirt as last time, but I'm about 25lbs heavier. If you weren't uncomfortable last time, you're gonna be this time!!!
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 10:57:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Tag. Would love to come hang with the crowd again. If I'm in town that weekend pending travel dates, I'm a yes and will follow up with you Chris once confirmed.  Will also bring the NODs again... just in case that comes to fruition. Thanks for hosting.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 11:21:12 AM EDT
[#33]
I'm out. Sorry everyone, family things came up. I might send some movith a friend just to ensure that this happens in 2018.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 11:46:59 PM EDT
[#34]
I might just be in!
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 3:32:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Anyone else coming to this shoot?
TTT
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 1:43:22 AM EDT
[#36]
What about Krazny13?
He came in 2015, I don't know about last year.
I want to shoot his SR-25 again
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 8:23:50 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Anyone else coming to this shoot?
TTT
View Quote
I'll give a firm maybe.  

I'm not that far away. 
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 8:25:25 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I might just be in!
View Quote
I could use a new SAR2  ringtone. 
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 7:38:10 PM EDT
[#39]
I would like to attend.

IF p08 could attend, i would like to shoot one of his lugers. He has one of the nicest collections i know of.

Can you PM me directions/address.

I have a couple of rifles i would like to stretch their legs on.

I can contribute also to maintenance also.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 12:54:54 PM EDT
[#40]
ATTENDEES: PLEASE READ

For those of you who plan on coming, please PM me here with your name, hometown, and what types of shooting you would like to do/ what firearms you plan to bring.

I will reply to everyone with my cell phone number and information to get to the range.  I will send a generic PM reply a little later with all of the information but this way i have it all stored in my inbox in order to sync everyone.

Does anyone object to meeting at 9am?
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 3:33:53 PM EDT
[#41]
PM Sent...
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 11:16:04 AM EDT
[#42]
PM sent with info...
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:34:08 AM EDT
[#43]
IS ANYONE ELSE INTERESTED??

Just trying to get a count ahead of time on how many people to expect.  If you haven't PM'd me already that you're coming, please do.   If you have PM'd me, dont worry that i haven't replied.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:28:00 AM EDT
[#44]
PM sent
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:23:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Target stand is done. Will work great for the MOA Challenge if it pans out or if somebody needs to do some zeroing.
I was in desperate need of something better to hold paper targets better anyway. Got tired of using pieces of scrap plywood propped against a fence post.

It's 5 feet tall and 44" wide. 'Has quick-pinned removable legs for easy transport. Those are pieces of 20" X 30" foam poster board that I marked up with a black sharpie.
Wasn't sure if would be better to have outlined or dark circles so both will be available.

Link Posted: 8/24/2017 11:14:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Looks great, don't accidentally leave it there!
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 11:37:17 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Looks great, don't accidentally leave it there!
View Quote
It's coming home with me 
I see now the only mistake I made was not orienting the frame so plywood panels would be vertical instead of horizontal- which would be better for putting up torso type targets. 
I think I might be able to do some mods to make it stand up the other way. Rainy day project...
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 11:59:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Any supplies/materials anyone can think of that we need?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/LIFTMASTER-H501L5L-Indusl-Door-Opener-Hoist-Left-Max-H-24Ft/615218247?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=1122&adid=22222222228074278182&wmlspartner=wmtlabs&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=186814407725&wl4=pla-292856542548&wl5=9021640&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=101593696&wl11=online&wl12=615218247&wl13=&veh=sem

I couldn't find a direct link to just the hand chain used on industrial garage door openers. In the picture it's the gold/brass colored chain. It's a non welded link chain and can be bent open/closed with a couple pairs of vise grips. I'd think it could sassily hold 150/200 pounds.

I've got probably 50' on my truck and can get at least another 50 before the event. Let me know.

I also have approx 50' 3x3x3/16 angle
Approx 100' 1x1 and 1.5x1.5x1/8 angle as well.

I also have 1000s of feet of 1/8-1/4" cable that I can cut into any length with loops on both or one end.

Welders/band saws/grinders/fasteners.....if you send me a pic or a drawing I can probably fab something up if needed.

As long as I can fit it in the back of my station wagon I can bring it with me.

Lemme know!

Adam
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 9:55:11 AM EDT
[#49]
I have sent the following message to everyone who has PM'd me.  If you plan on attending the shoot and did not receive a PM, please let me know.

This is a generic PM that i'm sending to the attendees in regards to the shoot on 9/9.   We will meet on the range (not where we met before) around 9am.   (INFORMATION REMOVED)   Feel free to text me and i will send you an aerial map to the exact location.   I hope to mark the driveway with either a vehicle, My polaris Ranger, or A blue barrel if i still have one.  I will likely be at the range about 8:30-8:45 in case anyone shows up early.    Please let me know if you have any interest in shooting in low light/no light; if people are interested i'll bring my NODS.   Please pack accordingly for weather (there is shelter should we encounter a heavy rain/storm).   I would also recommend bringing food/water for lunch and snacking even though there are a couple gas stations a few miles away.   The range has one entrance and one exit so shooting will be a lot easier if people aren't having to come and go.  Please make sure to text me within 48 hours of the shoot; i would much rather send out a group text if the weather is extremely bad to cancel the shoot; it will be much easier than sending PM's.  If bad weather appears imminent, i will attempt to make a call on the shoot 12-24 hours before the shoot.   If anyone needs anything in the next week, shoot me a PM or a text. (Phone # removed)

Please let me know if you plan on bringing anyone other than yourself.  I would like to get a general idea on a number of attendees.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 2:12:39 PM EDT
[#50]
PM received... I remember where the lane is now! :)

How many folks attending at this point?

Justin
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top