Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 6:00:42 PM EDT
[#1]
If we are doing a show and tell like we normally do, I request that anyone with a SMR MK4 OR MK8 in any length please bring it.

I am debating one of those (vs the SMR MK 13/14) for a future build and would like to know how it feels in the hand. Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 9:50:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Looking like our plans may be changing so we might actually be in town this weekend.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 12:12:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If we are doing a show and tell like we normally do, I request that anyone with a SMR MK4 OR MK8 in any length please bring it.

I am debating one of those (vs the SMR MK 13/14) for a future build and would like to know how it feels in the hand. Thanks.
View Quote
I hope that we are up for some show and tell. I'd like to manhandle a Shield.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 1:02:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe @SleepingBirdDog has got you covered if he shows up.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 1:50:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep! I'll bring it.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 10:17:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yep! I'll bring it.
View Quote
I'd like to as well.  Thanks brother.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 10:18:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Anyone want me to bring anything? I could put some Two Brothers adult beverage products on the next grocery list.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 5:43:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 9:34:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Sorry , wont be able to make it. 
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 9:59:42 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll cook up some of the usual stuff on the grill, burgers, brats and dogs. I'll have some beer and other stuff too.

Feel free to bring snacks, apps and or side dishes.

Or, if you have a special dish you are known in song or legend for serving , bring it on!

Friendly dogs that are good off leash are welcome, same for children!
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 10:09:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'll cook up some of the usual stuff on the grill, burgers, brats and dogs. I'll have some beer and other stuff too.

Feel free to bring snacks, apps and or side dishes.

Or, if you have a special dish you are known in song or legend for serving , bring it on!

Friendly dogs that are good off leash are welcome, same for children!
View Quote
Awesome, I shall bring poutine.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 6:03:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Remman,
Sorry you can't make it.  Would have been good to see you.  I'm in for the fall one.

If Woodbutcher is bringing his famous chili, then I'm in.  What do I need to bring...maybe some dessert....
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 6:15:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Remman,
Sorry you can't make it.  Would have been good to see you.  I'm in for the fall one.

If Woodbutcher is bringing his famous chili, then I'm in.  What do I need to bring...maybe some dessert....
View Quote
Be nice to see you, it's been 3 meets we've seen each other.

I vote we do a fall GTG at the Roundhouse in Aurora.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:59:35 PM EDT
[#14]
I will bring beer and pie (not the kind of pie you require pictures of unless your name is Jason Biggs).
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 11:21:44 PM EDT
[#15]
How close is this to Chicago? I almost went to a Schaumburg meet back in the day but something came up.
Link Posted: 5/29/2017 5:55:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
How close is this to Chicago? I almost went to a Schaumburg meet back in the day but something came up.
View Quote
We are 40 miles from downtown Chicago. Look up Santa's Village. We are just down the street.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 11:39:03 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm out. Going to Cubs game.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 10:02:07 AM EDT
[#18]
@efxguy I'll bring potato salad and some soda and beer.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 9:44:45 PM EDT
[#19]
OK folks! Saturday approaches, let's tighten up the guest list. If anyone needs the address, reach out via IM or email and I'll be sure you get it.

I gots to get the groceries tomorrow!
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 10:54:31 PM EDT
[#20]
I'll be able to stop by in the afternoon. I won't need any food or beer. Is anyone looking for any AR parts? I have a bunch, just let me know what you need.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 10:57:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Does it make sense for us to confirm and DJ add people to a list in the first post?
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 8:27:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Does it make sense for us to confirm and DJ add people to a list in the first post?
View Quote
Sure.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 8:33:05 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm confrmed.
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 8:40:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'm confrmed.
View Quote
Got you already.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 9:51:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Can't wait to see you all! I've got beer in the car and potato salad in the fridge at work. Leaving at noon from Downers Grove.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 11:41:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Remman,

View Quote
Its been a long time gentleman!  Hope you all are doing well.  Ill start thinking about a fall one, I'll probably host.  I'm thinking it will be the same date as the FNRA banquet in Aurora.  Anyways enjoy yourselves and have a few cold beers for me.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 11:47:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Its been a long time gentleman!  Hope you all are doing well.  Ill start thinking about a fall one, I'll probably host.  I'm thinking it will be the same date as the FNRA banquet in Aurora.  Anyways enjoy yourselves and have a few cold beers for me.
View Quote

That'd be awfully nice of you to host. I'll put that date on my calendar.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 3:07:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Sorry guys, I will have to bail. My truck is giving me grief and I need to get it repaired.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 7:17:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Sorry guys, I will have to bail. My truck is giving me grief and I need to get it repaired.
View Quote
Aw bummer! We were wondering where you were.

Big thanks to @efxguy and his wife for hosting and it was nice to see @Slarti and @SleepingBirdDog again.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 7:56:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Aw bummer! We were wondering where you were.

Big thanks to @efxguy and his wife for hosting and it was nice to see @Slarti and @SleepingBirdDog again.
View Quote
I wanted to be there for sure.

My truck decided that it was not going to cooperate.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 8:10:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Hey,
Thanks to Efxguy and his wife,   They were great hosts (and they're two big pups), served up great food and great display area for the show.  Great to see Deej and SleepingBirdDog as well.

Missed all you guys that couldn't make it.  

Remman, looking forward to the get together.  Once we settle on a date I'll make sure Eric Beasley knows.  He couldn't make this one due to being out of town for the last few weekends....Hopefully we can drum up Scott as well.

Again, special thanks to Efxguy and his wife.  Was a great time.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 8:17:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I wanted to be there for sure.

My truck decided that it was not going to cooperate.
View Quote
I at least showed up.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 8:19:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Hey,
Thanks to Efxguy and his wife,   They were great hosts (and they're two big pups), served up great food and great display area for the show.  Great to see Deej and SleepingBirdDog as well.

Missed all you guys that couldn't make it.  

Remman, looking forward to the get together.  Once we settle on a date I'll make sure Eric Beasley knows.  He couldn't make this one due to being out of town for the last few weekends....Hopefully we can drum up Scott as well.

Again, special thanks to Efxguy and his wife.  Was a great time.
View Quote
Amen!
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 8:53:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I at least showed up.
View Quote
Pics or it never happened
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 8:59:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Pics or it never happened
View Quote
I has witnesses.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 9:03:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Thanks for comimg everyone! A good time!

Now waht to do with all these leftovers? And OMG, half a Portillo's chocolate chocolate cake!??!
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 9:04:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Now waht to do with all these leftovers? And OMG, half a Portillo's chocolate chocolate cake!??!
View Quote
I have enough soda for a month.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 9:37:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Yep, thanks Mr & Mrs Efxguy for hosting, great place and wonderful host and food. Nice seeing/meeting everyone.

Sorry you had vehicle issues, Loaded Drum, hope they're not too serious.

I'm still so full from the food. Didn't eat the dinner the wife cooked for the family.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 9:42:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
I wish you had half a Bakers Square pie or two to go with it.

I am sorry I missed it. Thank you for hosting regardless.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 9:44:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
One bite at a time on the cake. You can do it!
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 9:52:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Yep, thanks Mr & Mrs Efxguy for hosting, great place and wonderful host and food. Nice seeing/meeting everyone.

I'm still so full from the food. Didn't eat the dinner the wife cooked for the family.
View Quote
When I got home my wife was asleep.  Put the beer/soda away, put the cooler away, wife woke up and said Food? And I'm like, I ate already! She ate the left over potato salad.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 11:09:44 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thanks.

Unfortunately, it seems the fuel pump is going out and will be about $1300 to replace.

It could have been worse. I managed to luck out and not need the tow truck to get home. That probably would have been a few bills on its own.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top