Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2017 2:04:31 PM EDT
First off, is there any regulation on them in Illinois other than typical firearm regulations?  

Also, is there a difference between rifle and pistol lowers as far as paperwork, etc?  I noticed in an email from PSA they listed Complete MOE pistol lower receivers.  Is that simply saying they are set up for pistol w/o a stock?  

Mine were all bought as stripped lowers and I don't remember declaring them either way or being listed either way.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 11:41:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Stripped should have been marked "other" which can be built either way. But if you build a rifle first technically it can't ever become a pistol. Build a pistol first you can go back and forth.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 11:37:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Stripped should have been marked "other" which can be built either way. But if you build a rifle first technically it can't ever become a pistol. Build a pistol first you can go back and forth.
View Quote

An FFL told me an acceptable alternative to 'other' is 'lower' because the BATF auditors won't confuse it with 'any other weapon' ... apparently as long as it doesn't specify 'rifle' you are legit to build as desired (see quoted above about rifle -> pistol is naughty) ... but who knows.

In another thread I posted a link to the explanation for this box on the 4437. Will try to find it and add here
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top