Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2017 2:34:41 PM EDT
So, I was free this morning and figured I'd listen in on the Senate to see if they would vote on SB206.

I think for the last 1.5 hours they've accomplished the following:

- 1 Senator introduced his entire family to the chamber and they graciously applauded him on re-producing.
     - This took about 15-20 minutes.
- The last hour or so they've been patting each other on the back and regaling tales of how incredibly crappy they've done over the years with Sen. Noland.

You'd think with all the issues going on in this craphole state, they'd be more pressed to get things done instead of spending time with patting each other on the back.
FFS..
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 4:28:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I really think anyone who is eligible to vote should have to watch a session or two. Would really make people rethink about who they are voting for and why this state is in it's current situation.
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 4:48:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I really think anyone who is eligible to vote should have to watch a session or two. Would really make people rethink about who they are voting for and why this state is in it's current situation.
View Quote
It's interesting, but very boring also.

Some Senators it's very clear are only commenting to stall or get a presser voicing their "opposition".
Every vote passed that I watched today.
What a waste of time & money.
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 8:01:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 1:04:10 PM EDT
[#4]
One of my all time favorite floor debates is when an anti-gunner legislator introduced a bill to remove the "no CC" signage stating that CC'ers had a class listing prohibited places so they shouldn't need a sign.  This was the same guy that helped author that long list of prohibited places.  
Another legislator said, "you are the one that made up the list...So, you should know better than anyone...List them now".  
He had no answer and went down in flames....It was beautiful!
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 1:40:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for responses.

It's just frustrating to the point of anger for me now.
Multiple Senators mentioned (in the chamber) about how "nothing gets done" and "we can't work that fast" prior to wasting about 2 hours of session on glad handing and atta-boys for each other.

This state is screwed. Nothing seems to change. The entire 99th general assembly's term passed without any action on the budget.
Meanwhile they're proposing a personal income tax raise to 4.95% and I read this quote.

Sen. Radogno said. "We are often criticized for doing things too quickly."
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/12/2017 5:21:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank goodness they wasted no time this session submitting a bill to make Obamas birthday a state holiday...geesh
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 11:15:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
... Instead of forming their own opinion ...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
... Instead of forming their own opinion ...

That's unfair ... they all have the same starting opinion of "what will be best for my reelection chances and least offensive to my biggest donors"  followed by

... listening to their constituents ...

"I DONT"

So we can't possibly expect them to actually, ya know, waste mental energy on what they are voting into law.

Sheesh @roadhawk

/sarcasm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top