Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/5/2016 2:43:23 AM EDT
Meeting a guy tomorrow to buy a RRA x series ar10 308 20" barrel. what is the easiest way to do the transfer? I just moved 2 years ago so address on license is different then on my foid and local gun shop said that will be a problem until i get addresses synced (1 month wait) any and all advice will be greatly appreciated. thanks.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 2:46:27 AM EDT
[#1]
You're not buying any gun without a valid foid.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 2:52:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I went to ispfsb and got an approval number. Got "isp record of firearm transfer" with approval transaction number. What else do I need
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:57:23 AM EDT
[#3]
He needs to run the background check on you as the buyer.  You keep record of his FOID info as seller for 10 years.  There should be a 24 hour waiting period but sounds like you met that already.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 6:14:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok. So I go to his house. He runs my foid. We put my approval transaction number on our bill of sale then I'm safe to take the firearm?
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 7:27:01 PM EDT
[#5]
YUP!  Both of you keep records of sale.
Link Posted: 12/5/2016 10:33:45 PM EDT
[#6]
thank you
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top