Hit.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 6:43:28 PM EDT
[#3]
265 - 43 - 3

Keep on hitting them guys!!!!

Link Posted: 11/29/2016 8:15:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Hit.

Why the fuck does someone fill one of these out only to indicate no position?
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 8:36:08 PM EDT
[#5]
How do we find out what happened with it?
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 9:47:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Passed committee 7-5 per the other thread.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 1:01:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hit.

View Quote

The Bishop lady also filled one out as an opponent too.

And hit.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 10:42:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Hit.

View Quote

You have seen who some of these people vote for... Would it be a shock to you to figure out they lack critical thinking skills?

Link Posted: 11/30/2016 1:15:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So if I understand the state legislative process correctly, the next step is for this bill to go to the senate floor for a vote and then go to the house of reps for consideration?
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 2:46:19 PM EDT
[#10]
I believe this bill has already passed in the house back in July or August.  If it passes the Senate it will go before the Gov to sign into law.  

Link Posted: 11/30/2016 2:55:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I believe this bill has already passed in the house back in July or August.  If it passes the Senate it will go before the Gov to sign into law.  

View Quote

From what I've been told it needs to pass the senate with a super majority then it's off the the governor.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 3:03:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

From what I've been told it needs to pass the senate with a super majority then it's off the the governor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As a noob, what is super majority exactly?
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 3:58:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

60% in IL
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 11:13:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Hate to be the doom and gloom guy, but does anyone actually think Chicago will let this pass?
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 11:27:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Hate to be the doom and gloom guy, but does anyone actually think Chicago will let this pass?
View Quote

Who's your senator?
Have you called him/her?
Have you asked 5 shooting buddies to do the same?
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 12:04:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Who's your senator?
Have you called him/her?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who's your senator?
Have you called him/her?

This is how it's done.
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 2:35:37 PM EDT
[#17]
A different thread in this sub asked for witness slips on the new dealer licensing nonsense. It included a link to an ilcarry page with a list of reps & senators including eml addys

After I submitted my witness slip ... I drafted one letter ... copied the eml addresses of all IL state senators AND reps into the BCC: line (not just my own senator and rep) ... and hit SEND ... in less than 5min I notified a whole bunch of public servants that I want them to support this legislation ... in addition to replies which give me a list of pro- or anti-2A elected officials, I also let any 'undecideds' know that it is not just intellectual liberals who can blast email for a cause :D

My point is we should coordinate better so that in addition to each of us asking 5 guys to send it, we can ensure those 5 guys hit everyone in public office. Imagine if EVERY state senator received 100k emls about something they thought noone knew or cared about?
Link Posted: 12/1/2016 6:27:14 PM EDT
[#18]
What would be nice is if we had an email list of members and we could forward the letter to everyone we know instead of everyone taking time to write individual letters.  I think more people would send the letter to the proper officials on they only had to copy and paste or forward it.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 5:09:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 7:08:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Sign up for the NRA-ILA and they do it for you and send notifications when important gun related legislation is happening.  All you have to do is follow the link they provided for a pre written letter and it automatically sends to your reps.
View Quote

ISRA does this also.  Also get a weekly report on Thursday.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 10:52:21 AM EDT
[#21]
I heard the Dems have lost their super majority in the state assembly so I don`t know how that would effect this.  However downstate Democrats may support this while Cook County Republicans may oppose it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top