Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2016 4:32:31 AM EDT
How did everybody do? Where we hunt in NW Illinois, the winds were very strong on Friday and most of Saturday. The deer seemed to turn on a bit late on Saturday when winds died down, but Sunday turned out to be slow again. I wound up shooting a big 3 year old doe after not seeing anything I wanted on the wall. May have to go out for second season.
Link Posted: 11/21/2016 11:55:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I never made it out

So I'll be out second season and maybe try to fill my bow tag also
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 11:31:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Went out Sat afternoon  and all day Sunday.

Saturday saw 3 doe, Sunday saw about a dozen, 3 bucks.  My freezer is full so I didn't shoot.
Link Posted: 11/23/2016 2:10:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I hunt in Iroquois County. I saw probably 20 doe and 8 bucks. Friday had two 140s, a basket 8, and a 4 point chasing a doe past me. Couldn't get them to stop for nothing.

Ended up seeing the basket 8 and 4 point again on Saturday. Decided to settle for the basket.

Link Posted: 11/23/2016 9:16:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Stephenson county here.  Weather was pretty miserable with the wind.
Sat out Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, and saw a total of 6 does and 2 bucks.  
Does were all out of range or in the timber.
Shot one buck Saturday night.
Let a basket 8point walk by Sunday night (about 40 yards out).

This guy came over the hill in front of me and stopped at 80 yards.  
Never knew what hit him.
It's 10 points but in a really irregular fashion.

Link Posted: 11/23/2016 10:00:26 AM EDT
[#5]
My experience was similar to OP. Windy as shit Fri and Sat.  Limited activity Friday all day and Saturday morning, picked up Sat evening, one in our group killed an 8 pointer.  Nothing Sunday morning. For myself I literally saw 0 deer in the field.  Past three years I have had one or two down by now between bow and gun, so far I am skunked this year.  I hunt out west by Havana.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top