Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2016 9:00:34 AM EDT
What is an administrative review?

I know 3 people who have after jumping thru all the hoops applied for IL CCW and they get letters saying their app is in admin review. This goes on month after month for more than a year.
Its ridiculous that a person in an office has the power to deny the constitutional right of another law abiding person and without explanation.

Thanks
VonBark
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 10:18:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Free opinion so worth whatcha paid ...

It's a mechanism to deny an applicant her/his ccw. So either s/he is less law-abiding than s/he thinks s/he is, or someone wants to block her/his ccw and figured out how to convince the system to do so.

Totally agreed about the mechanism - pure b.s. This is just another reason I only support Constitutional Carry
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 1:12:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I know 3 people who have after jumping thru all the hoops applied for IL CCW and they get letters saying their app is in admin review. This goes on month after month for more than a year.
Its ridiculous that a person in an office has the power to deny the constitutional right of another law abiding person and without explanation.

Thanks
VonBark
View Quote

Cook County people?
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 12:02:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Cook County people?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks
VonBark

Cook County people?

I know several people in Cook Co (myself included) who got theirs in a timely manner. I didn't even submit prints.

Link Posted: 9/21/2016 8:21:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I know several people in Cook Co (myself included) who got theirs in a timely manner. I didn't even submit prints.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks
VonBark

Cook County people?

I know multiple people in Cook, including myself, who applied at the beginning in 2014, and got theirs in 60 days. None of us had anything iffy on our records at all and had been previously background checked left and right for employment purposes, including DHS/FBI/CBP for me.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 7:51:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I got mine (cook county) with prints in 30 days.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:30:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I got mine (cook county) with prints in 30 days.
View Quote

How is that possible with the 30 day objection period?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top