Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2016 1:43:58 PM EDT
Have a week of work in Dekalb, Anything interesting to see and what/how can I bring a gun with me legally?
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 5:01:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Legally not able to unless you have a FOID card
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 5:11:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Have a week of work in Dekalb, Anything interesting to see and what/how can I bring a gun with me legally?
View Quote

If you have a CCL from your home state, you are allowed to have concealed  handgun while in your car.  I am assuming you are a non resident.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 5:48:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Huh?  You must be new to the state.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 6:28:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

If you have a CCL from your home state, you are allowed to have concealed  handgun while in your car.  I am assuming you are a non resident.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool, Loaded in a holster or locked and unloaded?
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 6:30:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/15/2016 7:13:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Locked and loaded while in car, but if you step foot outside that car you're a felon.  Firearm must be concealed in car.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 7:20:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yes   (ianal)

http://www.ar15.com/mobile/topic.html?b=8&f=23&t=602451  (btw, swanhunter is associated with those running illinoiscarry.com)

btw,  If requested you must disclose possession of a CONCEALED firearm if requested by LE per CCL Act.

http://www.ar15.com/mobile/topic.html?b=8&f=23&t=602274

Link Posted: 9/15/2016 8:50:25 PM EDT
[#8]
CCL must be from your home state.

If you take the handgun out of the car it must be unloaded and put in a closed gun case. A loaded mag in the case is ok, just not a mag in the gun.

You can uncase and load it in your abode, or in your car, or on a recognized shooting range, but thats about it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 1:35:00 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I live in Dekalb. Enjoy the views of all the college girls! Place is packed with hot girls.

Link Posted: 9/16/2016 9:22:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Concealed carry has been pretty well covered.
Transporting...Unloaded and enclosed in a case.  No stipulation where the case or ammo has to be.  You could have it unloaded in your suitcase and load when you get to your room if your hotelling.

Mike
IllinoisCarry.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top