Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2016 12:17:56 PM EDT
http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=MAG576

Merits of owning/ possession aside, is it illegal to own or possess this item?

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 12:24:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=MAG576

Merits of owning/ possession aside, is it illegal to own or possess this item?

Thanks
View Quote

Check local and county ordinances.  There is no state law prohibiting them, to my knowledge.

ETA:  Not sure why anyone would want one... Two mags stack so much nicer.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 12:42:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep. The Cabelas in Hoffman Estates (in cook county) sells them.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 1:26:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

ETA:  Not sure why anyone would want one
View Quote

When this was first introduced, I recall a video of the 90 or 100 rd vs 3 separate mags. In a mag dump scenario it is MUCH quicker ... now, I will admit that it wasn't Costa running the mags [eye roll], but uh ...

Seriously, I could see lots of value if adopted by M249 crews ... reduction in supply chain complexity, better firefight logistics, etc. Imagine if a squad/platoon has much 5.56 and a bunch of these mags ... pfc just loads a ton of these and a runner drops off to nests, then M4 guys and M249 guys just grab as needed and shoot. Better yet, the 249 goes dry and 2 solders next to you hand you their 60rd mags because suppressive fire is most important at that moment. The next evolution after the 249 replaced the 240, and likely to support the M27
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 2:48:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

When this was first introduced, I recall a video of the 90 or 100 rd vs 3 separate mags. In a mag dump scenario it is MUCH quicker ... now, I will admit that it wasn't Costa running the mags [eye roll], but uh ...

Seriously, I could see lots of value if adopted by M249 crews ... reduction in supply chain complexity, better firefight logistics, etc. Imagine if a squad/platoon has much 5.56 and a bunch of these mags ... pfc just loads a ton of these and a runner drops off to nests, then M4 guys and M249 guys just grab as needed and shoot. Better yet, the 249 goes dry and 2 solders next to you hand you their 60rd mags because suppressive fire is most important at that moment. The next evolution after the 249 replaced the 240, and likely to support the M27
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wouldn't a 100 round drum or belt fed be more effective in that type of war scenario?

And again, when you can get a 60 round mag that isn't a drum, wouldn't it be easier to carry and store?

http://www.brownells.com/magazines/rifle-magazines/magazines/ar-15-m16-60-100rd-223-5-56-magazine-prod42026.aspx

Then again, maybe the mags are junk?  I dunno.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 3:09:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Ive seen them at gun shows earlier in the year for around $90.  They just didn't appeal to me.   As to your original question, first response is correct in there not being any state prohibition.  Local ordinances may exist limiting capacity.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 5:06:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank you Community.

Just caught interest. No application for myself.
Just legality
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 10:48:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just curious, have you ever ran a M249 with M16 mags?
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 1:58:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

no experience, but saw it done in San Onefre during bootcamp, many yeeaars ago.  it was only a demo. no fam fire
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:26:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/28/2016 5:27:55 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yes in 1985 when the platform was brand new and covered with cosmoline. 82nd Airborne was the first Army Division to get them. what would you like to know?

Link Posted: 7/29/2016 5:28:59 AM EDT
[#11]

whats wrong with the nutsack? M-249 is not a crew served weapon.

Top Top