User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/11/2016 8:23:17 PM EDT
Slap this bitch down!

From IL Carry:

Link

HB1016, if allowed to become law, will add layer upon layer of red tape to the process of selling firearms, red tape meant not to make society safer but designed to drive gun dealers out of business.

HB1016 Stipulates That:

> Dealers must obtain permission from the local sheriff to operate their business by obtaining a statement that they are in compliance with all law

> Applicants must disclose their Social Security number

> Nonresidents may not obtain a dealer license or employee license, and cannot work in a gun store

> Family members may not participate in the family business if under age 21

> In the ultimate circular logic, applicants for a license must first have 5 years licensee experience and pass a written exam

> Employees must be licensed in the same way doctors and lawyers are licensed, including continuing education on subjects still to be defined

> Employees will be registered with the State

> Any person accused of conducting "unlicensed business" is defined as a licensee for the purpose of enforcement, investigation, and hearings

> Any person selling more than 8 firearms can be retroactively considered a dealer

> A license shall not be issued to locations within 500 feet of a school, preschool, or day-care facility, eliminating all possibility of gun stores in Chicago

> License fees are not limited by law

> Branch locations are forbidden without prior approval

> Penalties range as high as $10,000 for each offense, even a first offense. Penalties must be paid within 60 days with no provision for a stay pending appeal

> Unlimited, harassing examinations of records are allowed

> Establishment of a Gun Dealer Licensing Board, similar to the Concealed Carry Licensing Review Board which has been the source of so many problems

> Inclusion on the Board of an anti-gun advocacy group member

> By inference, local ordinance is codified into State Statute

> Undefined anti-theft measures are required, beyond those already implemented by the dealer

> Creation of a video record of every sale, available for inspection by State and Federal authorities, which translate to firearm registration

> Failure to live up to "social justice" requirements is a violation of the Act

> A license may be summarily suspended, without a hearing, if suspension is deemed to be in the public interest

Your State Representatives must be told that you oppose this kind of back room dealing. They must know that Illinoisans do not support their efforts to drive gun dealers out of business - that we don't appreciate them taking their orders from out-of-town gun control groups.

They must hear this from YOU!

In the coming days alerts will ask you to call your State Representative and file witness slips expressing your oposition to this bill.

Please begin calling your Representatives now. Tell them to vote against HB1016 and any other, similar legislation that may be filed.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 9:30:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Valinda, myself, and the rest of the ISRA crew spent most of the day touching base with the good legislators about the evils of this stupid bill.  There is a very HARD push from the anti folks to get this thing passed...I think it will be a hard sell for them but, we can't let up our push back for a minute....If it should pass as written, I don't think any gun dealers in the state could survive!

We are amazed at the goofy stuff they are peddling!
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 11:22:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Valinda, myself, and the rest of the ISRA crew spent most of the day touching base with the good legislators about the evils of this stupid bill.  There is a very HARD push from the anti folks to get this thing passed...I think it will be a hard sell for them but, we can't let up our push back for a minute....If it should pass as written, I don't think any gun dealers in the state could survive!

We are amazed at the goofy stuff they are peddling!
View Quote

What is Governor Rauner's take on it?  What about all the (tempted to use the word allegedly) pro-gun Dems that helped pass concealed carry?
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 7:13:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 8:27:12 AM EDT
[#6]
What is Governor Rauner's take on it? What about all the (tempted to use the word allegedly) pro-gun Dems that helped pass concealed carry?
View Quote

The downstate Dems. will be with us...Some of the Dems that voted for concealed carry did so because of tail twisting by Madigan...He won't be doing that this time.
We would expect the Gov. to veto it but, it isn't ever over until it is over in Springfield.  Always fearful of "deals".
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 12:33:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The downstate Dems. will be with us...Some of the Dems that voted for concealed carry did so because of tail twisting by Madigan...He won't be doing that this time.
We would expect the Gov. to veto it but, it isn't ever over until it is over in Springfield.  Always fearful of "deals".
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
What is Governor Rauner's take on it? What about all the (tempted to use the word allegedly) pro-gun Dems that helped pass concealed carry?

I'm fearful of deals and backroom politics, but a Democrat supermajority overriding Rauner's veto is a concern, too.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 1:26:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Slips filed for me and dad.

Can I fill one out for mom?  She died last year, but hell, this is Illinois, right?
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 1:46:53 PM EDT
[#9]
I posted this in GD as well to get more exposure. A lot of people seem to not visit the HTF much.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 2:17:17 PM EDT
[#10]

Ive never filed a witness slip, so a few questions.

1. do i actually need to be present to file one? plan on showing up?
2. which box should i check for the type of testimony? - Oral - Written Statement - Record of appearance only -
3. what will the slip do?

following that, i do not plan on being in this state for all that much longer, but i will put up a damned good fight for rights while i am here
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 3:15:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

2. which box should i check for the type of testimony? - Oral - Written Statement - Record of appearance only -

following that, i do not plan on being in this state for all that much longer, but i will put up a damned good fight for rights while i am here
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Do not need to be present or planning to be.

Fill out personal info, N/A for business/title if its just for yourself, self for representation, opponent for position and record of appearance only for testimony.

What is a Witness Slip?

• A Witness Slip is a person or group’s position on a particular bill.

• A Witness Slip can be filed by individuals on behalf of themselves, or on behalf of organizations.

• A Witness Slip can be filed for any bill scheduled for a hearing in the Illinois Senate or House Committee, during the week prior to the hearing taking place.

I believe they are entered into record as part of the bill activity.  Sometimes I have heard the numbers discussed during floor debate.

Link Posted: 5/12/2016 3:32:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Fill out personal info, N/A for business/title if its just for yourself, self for representation, opponent for position and record of appearance only for testimony.

What is a Witness Slip?

• A Witness Slip can be filed by individuals on behalf of themselves, or on behalf of organizations.

• A Witness Slip can be filed for any bill scheduled for a hearing in the Illinois Senate or House Committee, during the week prior to the hearing taking place.

I believe they are entered into record as part of the bill activity.  Sometimes I have heard the numbers discussed during floor debate.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is a Witness Slip?

you are fantastic. thank you!

Last time i checked, there were 57(mine would make 58) Slips on the tracker. many are groups or businesses as well.

ETA: been looking at the wrong thing. 68 proponents. 182 opponents
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 3:38:06 PM EDT
[#13]
68 pro, 181 against

That's an interesting breakdown.  A lot of times only one side has a large number of "self" slips filed.  There are a lot of "self" slips on the pro side, so somebody else must be running a witness slip firemission in favor of the bill.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 3:41:14 PM EDT
[#14]
im gonna email and call some people around the Southern IL area(just outside st louis) and get people hitting the witness slips. im sure there are many people who arent too tuned in to what is going on. time to bring them in
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 4:02:22 PM EDT
[#15]
70-185 now.  Just voted.  We really need to hit this hard.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 4:13:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
68 pro, 181 against

That's an interesting breakdown.  A lot of times only one side has a large number of "self" slips filed.  There are a lot of "self" slips on the pro side, so somebody else must be running a witness slip firemission in favor of the bill.
View Quote

Yep, agree someone, perhaps the outside organizers,  are calling for action on the pro side as the ratios seldom run like this that Ive seen.

Link Posted: 5/12/2016 4:30:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 8:27:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Now it's 81 for, 459 against.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 11:16:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Proponent: 106  Opponent: 594

done my part
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 12:46:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Keep pouring it on...

Proponent: 124
Opponent: 627
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 2:42:36 AM EDT
[#22]
I just got this alert from  ISRA
http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?m=1101634704315&ca=e43715ef-1487-4b05-b20d-590613e58637
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 10:08:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I just got this alert from  ISRA
http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?m=1101634704315&ca=e43715ef-1487-4b05-b20d-590613e58637
View Quote

made hot

Link Posted: 5/13/2016 10:30:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Slip created
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 5:19:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Done.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 5:54:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Hit
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 6:43:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Witness Slip filed.
Link Posted: 5/13/2016 10:37:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Filed
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 7:50:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Hit.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 11:20:10 AM EDT
[#30]

Repost links for page 2.

Opponent: 1674
Proponent: 396
No Position: 3 (WTF does this accomplish, anyway, if they weren't mistakes?)
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 12:24:13 PM EDT
[#31]
There's some church, St Nicholas, that has a lot of people for this. Someone on IL Carry said it's in Evanston. I don't know denomination.

Link Posted: 5/14/2016 2:00:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
There's some church, St Nicholas, that has a lot of people for this. Someone on IL Carry said it's in Evanston. I don't know denomination.

View Quote

Well it's a good thing ONE CHURCH sets law for an ENTIRE state.

*ETA*
Three churches in IL with that name:  https://www.google.com/search?q=St+Nicholas&oq=St+Nicholas&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=st+nicholas+church+IL
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 2:03:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

*ETA*
Three churches in IL with that name:  https://www.google.com/search?q=St+Nicholas&oq=St+Nicholas&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=st+nicholas+church+IL
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

*ETA*

It's a Catholic parish. Their website just oozes lib. Eek!
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 8:21:00 PM EDT
[#34]
I just filed, thanks Marie.  Currently 1870 opposed, 447 in favor.  2 don't give a shit.  
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 7:40:16 AM EDT
[#35]
done
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 2:11:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Slip count is now 2117 to 497.  A close friend of mine just added one.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 12:52:34 AM EDT
[#37]
My eyes are tired.  Is anyone seeing any prominent, recognizable, names listed in the 'FOR" column, on witness slips?
Just curious.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 10:14:40 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
My eyes are tired.  Is anyone seeing any prominent, recognizable, names listed in the 'FOR" column, on witness slips?
Just curious.
View Quote

i dont know as many names as i should that deal with IL politics, but i have noticed alot of specific groups:

A few different PAC's
Brady Bunch(people employed by them)
Illinois council against handgun violence
Chicago Schools(no idea what affiliation)
People for a safer society

and the BS list goes on. some churches and towns supposedly support it but we know its just one person submitting that. Practically everyone and everything from chicago is on that list in some fashion. shouldnt be hard to defeat the people who are FOR this crap. the politicians are always the crux of the problem
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 5:21:10 PM EDT
[#39]
4.41 times are against it as for it.

But, who knows how the dipshits in office will vote.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 6:15:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
4.41 times are against it as for it.

But, who knows how the dipshits in office will vote.
View Quote

Something like, "This significant minority cannot be drowned out by the louder voices of the ignorant masses!  We most vote for this bill!"
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 6:49:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

I live in Evanston. It's the First Church of Libtards.

I'd bet it's the church on Ridge Ave. that has the giant "Nuclear Weapon Free Zone" sign on the front lawn.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 6:52:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

i dont know as many names as i should that deal with IL politics, but i have noticed alot of specific groups:

A few different PAC's

and the BS list goes on. some churches and towns supposedly support it but we know its just one person submitting that. Practically everyone and everything from chicago is on that list in some fashion. shouldnt be hard to defeat the people who are FOR this crap. the politicians are always the crux of the problem
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just curious.

A few different PAC's

Don't forget that Northwestern University is the home of the Violence Policy Center -- the people that originally invented the term "assault weapon" for the Brady Bunch.

They could get a lot of students filing witness slips.

Link Posted: 5/16/2016 7:01:10 PM EDT
[#43]
I was looking at the list of Opponents in alphabetical order (I wanted to see my name) and saw quite a few -- no, a shitload -- of duplicate names... people voting twice.

They will toss all those duplicates out of the final count.

They won't touch the Proponents list, however.

Link Posted: 5/17/2016 12:27:02 AM EDT
[#44]
We're now up by a big margin - 4229 against, 829 for.

Link Posted: 5/17/2016 9:33:20 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Does all of the information on the slip need to be filled out such as email and phone number?

Its been a long time since I've filled one out and I cant remember what all i need to put in some of the boxes such as representation and testimony.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 1:21:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Does all of the information on the slip need to be filled out such as email and phone number?

Its been a long time since I've filled one out and I cant remember what all i need to put in some of the boxes such as representation and testimony.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes. I do a lot of these so I just signed up for an account on the ILGA website so I don't have to enter my info each time.

Link Posted: 5/17/2016 4:45:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Audio is now live for HB1016.

http://www.ilga.gov/house/audvid.asp#

Listen to Stratton - Room D-1 Audio
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 5:17:57 PM EDT
[#48]
If you're listening, are they discussing the amendment?
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 5:18:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
If you're listening, are they discussing the amendment?
View Quote

They are...Todd is speaking right now and kicking ass! (well he was just speaking, now it looks like he is done.)
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 5:36:51 PM EDT
[#50]
9 for 6 against

HB1016 Dealer Licensing Amend 1 will be favorably reported to the House with a commitment from the sponsor to continue working on the bill.

That sucks
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top