Link Posted: 5/3/2016 4:08:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Done
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 4:26:27 AM EDT
[#2]
done
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 10:18:38 AM EDT
[#3]
We're still scratching our heads about this bill.  It really hadn't hit our radar until it had passed the Senate with 100% vote!!!!  I still don't understand how it got this much support????  But we'll take it!!!
It isn't a gun bill but a close relative!!!
Passage of this bill would make a lot of IL folks legal.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 4:50:51 PM EDT
[#4]
can I get a TLDR version for a guy at work
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 7:50:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Had some discussion with a key Rep. on this bill today....He is pretty darn sure this thing is going to happen....
Nothing is certain in Springfield but, it looks pretty good right now.

Link Posted: 5/3/2016 8:17:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

http://ilga.gov/legislation/billstatus.asp?DocNum=2294&GAID=13&GA=99&DocTypeID=SB&LegID=93502&SessionID=88

Synopsis As Introduced
Amends the Criminal Code of 2012. Eliminates from the unlawful use of weapons violation, the knowing selling, manufacture, purchase, possession, or carrying of a knife, commonly referred to as a switchblade knife, which has a blade that opens automatically by hand pressure applied to a button, spring or other device in the handle of the knife. Effective immediately.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 8:32:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Still 3" max limit, or can we carry a 4"?
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 9:06:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I am no authority on this bill but, I don't know about any length limits...... yet....
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 9:40:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Hit!

One opponent:

Caitlin Groh Illinois Attorney General's Office
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 9:48:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

http://ilga.gov/legislation/billstatus.asp?DocNum=2294&GAID=13&GA=99&DocTypeID=SB&LegID=93502&SessionID=88

Synopsis As Introduced
Amends the Criminal Code of 2012. Eliminates from the unlawful use of weapons violation, the knowing selling, manufacture, purchase, possession, or carrying of a knife, commonly referred to as a switchblade knife, which has a blade that opens automatically by hand pressure applied to a button, spring or other device in the handle of the knife. Effective immediately.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Synopsis As Introduced

Would this be for everyone? Or only for concealed carry license holders as I heard in the past?
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 9:52:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 9:54:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Would this be for everyone? Or only for concealed carry license holders as I heard in the past?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Synopsis As Introduced

Everyone.  It's a simple redaction from the UUW statute.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 11:57:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Synopsis As Introduced

Hell yea. This would be awesome.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 6:54:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Something sounds fishy. Is there something tacked onto this bill that we're not seeing? Why would it have such broad support in Springfield? I can't believe the Illinois legislature is in favor of legal switchblades.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 9:52:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Something sounds fishy. Is there something tacked onto this bill that we're not seeing? Why would it have such broad support in Springfield? I can't believe the Illinois legislature is in favor of legal switchblades.
View Quote

I understand your suspicions....But, I can't find a poison pill in there anywhere...Whether it stays clean is another matter.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 2:20:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

You mean something like, "In exchange for their support of the full-auto knives bill, we will support the proposed ban on high-capacity magazines."  

Given the history of Illinois politics,I agree this does have a "too-good-to-be-true" feeling about it, but what can we do about that?
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 7:37:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Wow....thats all I got.  Loves me some Auto blades.  So how long until we find out anything?
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 8:52:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Wow....thats all I got.  Loves me some Auto blades.  So how long until we find out anything?
View Quote

Who knows...at the whim of the legislature.   Its passed the Senate and is in House committee now.  Needs to get out of Committee and passed by the House.

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 9:08:59 PM EDT
[#19]
The committee hearing on this was May 3, but apparently it wasn't heard.  It's been rescheduled for May 10, so new slips are needed.

May 3 hearing results

May 10 hearing - slips needed for SB2294
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 6:35:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Hit 1 more time.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 12:40:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Hit it!
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 2:54:59 AM EDT
[#22]
done
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 3:30:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Hit!!
Link Posted: 5/9/2016 9:35:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Hit........man, I almost missed this. I guess I have to check in more often.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 11:39:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Good deal if it passes.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 2:13:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Scheduled for committee today at 2pm...Chicago is causing trouble again.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 3:01:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Chicago probably has somebody look at the witness slips for every hearing.  "Oh, Mr. and Mrs. Swanhunter are in favor?  That's it, we must oppose it!"
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 3:18:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Ya know thinking deep about this, with Dems trying to find ways to not prosecute "minor" or petty crimes this may be one law that they want gone so as to not affect gang bangers in Chicago? I truly do not believe that it is being done to help the law abiding citizens of this state.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 7:49:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Ya know thinking deep about this, with Dems trying to find ways to not prosecute "minor" or petty crimes this may be one law that they want gone so as to not affect gang bangers in Chicago? I truly do not believe that it is being done to help the law abiding citizens of this state.
View Quote

Pretty insightful... This approach has been used by some to help sell the bill.

Made it out of the House Committee but it is being held for "possible negotiation" before moving forward....

Still looking good for passage but, not looking good for Chicago.
Link Posted: 5/10/2016 7:53:27 PM EDT
[#30]
*** Beat by SwanHunter reporting bill passing out of committee

Wow, looks to be already on House agenda for today.

5/11/2016 House Placed on Calendar 2nd Reading - Short Debate

Link Posted: 5/11/2016 4:33:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Is it bad that I've already looked at a rat worx knives?
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 5:44:54 PM EDT
[#32]
heard today that the "hold" has been lifted...We might be ready to go to the floor????

What is the best auto for the $$$???
Looking for suggestions....Maybe $75-$150.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 6:03:15 PM EDT
[#33]
At the local gun shows, Ive seen them going from 100 to 600...Benchmades to Microtechs.

GD has a topic for everything...these suggestions  after WI recent auto knife legalization

https://www.ar15.com/mobile/topic.html?b=8&f=21&t=595491

https://www.ar15.com/mobile/topic.html?b=6&f=4&t=458210

Made hot from full version arfcom...

Link Posted: 5/11/2016 8:27:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
heard today that the "hold" has been lifted...We might be ready to go to the floor????

What is the best auto for the $$$???
Looking for suggestions....Maybe $75-$150.
View Quote

Id really like to get my hands on one of those Kershaw Launch auto's, not sure which yet.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 9:52:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Look at GT auto's, they are affordable and well made.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 5:42:40 PM EDT
[#36]
If this passes....how long before companies realize it's okay to sell auto knives to IL? There are still some companies that won't ship mags holding over 10 rounds or any mags period to anywhere in the state.

I feel like this is how those companies react when we send them an e-mail about it......

Considering my spring assist knives are as fast (or faster) and easy to open, I'd want a decent OTF auto knife. I would love to get a Microtech, but the $300-$4000 price tags I've seen makes me say "no way" to that brand.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 9:28:45 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

If this passes....how long before companies realize it's okay to sell auto knives to IL? There are still some companies that won't ship mags holding over 10 rounds or any mags period to anywhere in the state.

I feel like this is how those companies react when we send them an e-mail about it......

https://media.giphy.com/media/EouEzI5bBR8uk/giphy.gif

Considering my spring assist knives are as fast (or faster) and easy to open, I'd want a decent OTF auto knife. I would love to get a Microtech, but the $300-$4000 price tags I've seen makes me say "no way" to that brand.
View Quote
Simple email them the statute.

Link Posted: 5/13/2016 9:11:15 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It could work, but then why are there still so many companies that won't sell mags, firearms and ammo to IL if all it took was an e-mail of the law? I've sent companies e-mails with links to laws years ago that still won't sell to IL.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 12:10:10 PM EDT
[#39]
the bill is still on the house calendar today, but then again, the calendar is about 18 pages long. so it should be coming soon. im looking forward to it
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 1:43:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

It could work, but then why are there still so many companies that won't sell mags, firearms and ammo to IL if all it took was an e-mail of the law? I've sent companies e-mails with links to laws years ago that still won't sell to IL.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've done the same, most recently with Midway, who refused to sell me a 17-round mag for my S&W M&P9.

"It's the policy of their legal team". My guess is that they hired a legal team to write the policy and they don't want to pay for them to revise it.

There are still a lot of places like that.

But I keep a list of places that aren't, and after a few minutes and mouseclicks, one of them had a 17-round M&P mag on its way to me.

Link Posted: 5/18/2016 10:06:10 AM EDT
[#41]
i have yet to have issues with anyone shipping anything to me in southern illinois. you guys must be further up north. good luck working with companies. ill keep on it as well
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 7:02:14 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 9:15:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
the bill is still on the house calendar today, but then again, the calendar is about 18 pages long. so it should be coming soon. im looking forward to it
View Quote

Update on bill status page...maybe we will see something next week.

5/26/2016HouseSecond Reading - Short Debate
 5/26/2016HouseHeld on Calendar Order of Second Reading - Short Debate
 5/27/2016HouseFinal Action Deadline Extended-9(b) May 31, 2016

Link Posted: 6/1/2016 9:25:45 AM EDT
[#44]
Anyone know the outcome?  Did it get voted on?
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 10:19:58 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Anyone know the outcome?  Did it get voted on?
View Quote

As of right now.

DateChamber Action
 1/27/2016SenateFiled with Secretary by Sen. Tim Bivins
 1/27/2016SenateFirst Reading
 1/27/2016SenateReferred to Assignments
 2/3/2016SenateAssigned to Criminal Law
 2/17/2016SenateDo Pass Criminal Law; 009-001-001
 2/17/2016SenatePlaced on Calendar Order of 2nd Reading February 18, 2016
 3/2/2016SenateSecond Reading
 3/2/2016SenatePlaced on Calendar Order of 3rd Reading March 3, 2016
 4/19/2016SenateThird Reading - Passed; 056-000-000
 4/20/2016HouseArrived in House
 4/20/2016HouseChief House Sponsor Rep. John D. Anthony
 4/20/2016HouseFirst Reading
 4/20/2016HouseReferred to Rules Committee
 4/26/2016HouseAssigned to Judiciary - Criminal Committee
 5/10/2016HouseDo Pass / Short Debate Judiciary - Criminal Committee; 015-000-000
 5/11/2016HousePlaced on Calendar 2nd Reading - Short Debate
 5/26/2016HouseSecond Reading - Short Debate
 5/26/2016HouseHeld on Calendar Order of Second Reading - Short Debate
 5/27/2016HouseFinal Action Deadline Extended-9(b) May 31, 2016
 5/31/2016HouseFinal Action Deadline Extended-9(b) June 30, 2016
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 5:42:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Don't want to SHOCK anyone but Chicago put a block on the bill.  Even though they could regulate them out of the city...
They just wouldn't let it out of committee.
This thing would most likely have passed if it would have gotten to the floor.
Not over yet but...not looking as good for us.

Link Posted: 6/1/2016 6:09:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Shocked, shocked I tell ya.

Fuck Shitcago and every single one of those lifelong worthless politicians.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 6:20:18 PM EDT
[#48]
We heard something about a girl in Chicago stabbing someone with one and that freaked out the Chicago folks...Not confirmed but it was mentioned.
Link Posted: 6/1/2016 8:32:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 12:52:45 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

We heard something about a girl in Chicago stabbing someone with one and that freaked out the Chicago folks...Not confirmed but it was mentioned.
View Quote
I wish the lake would flood and wash that shitstain off the state.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top