Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2016 12:33:28 PM EDT
wife and I both have our license over a year now. we are planning on moving to nw indiana within the next year

does anyone know how this will effect our license? I can't really find info on out of state license

I'm really hoping that we can ride out the rest of our license period and just pay more when it expires but with this state who knows
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 1:50:04 PM EDT
[#1]
so far these are the only states allowed to get an out of state carry license for IL.

Hawaii, New Mexico, South Carolina and Virginia.

According to the Illinois state police website.

https://www.ispfsb.com/Public/Faq.aspx

scroll down to the FAQ about out of state licenses

and I'm assuming once you move your IL resident license is then void since your address would be different.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 2:47:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
so far these are the only states allowed to get an out of state carry license for IL.

Hawaii, New Mexico, South Carolina and Virginia.

According to the Illinois state police website.

https://www.ispfsb.com/Public/Faq.aspx

scroll down to the FAQ about out of state licenses

and I'm assuming once you move your IL resident license is then void since your address would be different.
View Quote

Figures. What a load of shit
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 2:58:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Sounds like a great lawsuit for ISRA or Illinoiscarry. Kind of hard for the ISP to claim the background check was inadequate,

Or whatever other BS excuse they use to denied out of state licenses.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 8:18:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Sounds like a great lawsuit for ISRA or Illinoiscarry. Kind of hard for the ISP to claim the background check was inadequate,

View Quote

Lawsuit filed this past November. Joshua Meyers vs Schmidt

Unfortunately, the courts are slow moving...not much comfort for the O.P. that just got dumped on by state of IL!info on lawsuit
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 8:48:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Unfortunately, the courts are slow moving...not much comfort for the O.P. that just got dumped on by state of IL!info on lawsuit
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good to hear. It's going to be a few months at least before I move, good to hear there is something in the works
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 8:55:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 11:47:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd like to see reciprocity for Concealed carry license from state to state just like there is for drivers license.  Maybe in my life time but not if the Democrats keep getting elected.
Top Top