Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2015 11:27:02 AM EDT
According to the email I received this morning.  Not that they offered great transfer rates to begin with.

Online reference: http://www.ontargetsite.com/contact/frequently-asked-questions/

Do you do FFL Transfers?

Yes, only for firearms classified as either USED or CUSTOM. Beginning September 14, 2015, we will no longer accept, for transfer, NEW firearms that are readily available for purchase through normal distribution sources. OnTarget offers FFL Transfer-ins, that entail receiving a firearm from an alternate FFL and transferring it to you, our customer. This type of transaction usually occurs when a private party purchases a firearm from out-of-state and needs it transferred to a local FFL. We also offer FFL Transfer-outs, this consists of us receiving a firearm from a customer and transferring it out to an alternate FFL. The latter type of transaction usually takes place if a private party sells a firearm online and needs to send it to the buyer.
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 11:30:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I can see with their in-store prices why someone would want to transfer a new firearm in from elsewhere.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 1:38:47 PM EDT
[#2]
gun shop transfers are a huge rip off anyway, who cares.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 3:48:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 4:17:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Their transfer prices are a bit pricy.  One of the larger gun shops in our area charges $30.  Some of the kitchen table FFL's charge $20 to $25.

I would imagine they are getting tired of trying to compete with Kentucky Gun Company and Bud's Gun Shop prices.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 6:43:09 PM EDT
[#5]
There's a local sporting goods store in my area that charges $80 per transfer if they can get the same gun.  If they get and sell you that gun, they still charge $40 to transfer it. lmao.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 8:14:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Meh. DSA does $30 transfers and is closer. For Illinois FFL's usual going transfer rates, I'll stick with DS
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 9:40:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Meh. DSA does $30 transfers and is closer. For Illinois FFL's usual going transfer rates, I'll stick with DS
View Quote

Do they transfer new stuff?  I've not had any experience transferring anything through them.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 9:50:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Gun Gorilla in Belvidere does $15 transfers.
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 4:48:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I can`t believe anybody here will quibble over a few dollars difference  on a transfer considering what some of these guns cost.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 5:54:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 6:36:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Maybe you don't understand what is being said.  While a kitchen table FFL will charge you $20 for a transfer a store is quite different.

They are often times charging $80 to transfer for a gun they sell.  The discount you get from buying the gun online is lost to the transfer fee.  

Nobody is quibbling over a few dollars.  The OP is just letting us know that OnTarget isn't doing transfers for new guns.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can`t believe anybody here will quibble over a few dollars difference  on a transfer considering what some of these guns cost.  

Maybe you don't understand what is being said.  While a kitchen table FFL will charge you $20 for a transfer a store is quite different.

They are often times charging $80 to transfer for a gun they sell.  The discount you get from buying the gun online is lost to the transfer fee.  

Nobody is quibbling over a few dollars.  The OP is just letting us know that OnTarget isn't doing transfers for new guns.

Actually the way it's worded it sounds like they will, but only if received from another FFL. There are not many non-FFLs shipping NEW firearms.
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 10:38:12 PM EDT
[#12]
It sounds like, if they can get the firearm for you,  they sell will you one. If they cant get a firearm from distributors they will transfer one in for you. This is not unheard of. Many places do this.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 3:35:11 PM EDT
[#13]
i use a local guy who charges me $10. i recently moved further from him but its still the best deal i can find.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 5:44:54 PM EDT
[#14]
I've used Marengo Guns for awhile now. $10 and no bullshit.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 10:13:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 11:39:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Finally found the right thread to ask in (I hope)!

Can anyone recommend a decent transfer dealer (kitchen-table dealer  would be fine) near Orland Park, IL?

Also, are there any competent instructors near here?
(this would be a gift from me to a 50-YO woman and her 25-YO son,.. neither of which have ever handled any type of firearm. I don't want to take a chance of possibly "teaching"  'em any of my  bad habits)
View Quote

Yep. Check out Long Arms.
708-712-4365
815 79th st
willowbrook, IL.

$20 transfers. Former cop. Great guy.
Link Posted: 10/10/2015 3:13:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Finally found the right thread to ask in (I hope)!

Can anyone recommend a decent transfer dealer (kitchen-table dealer  would be fine) near Orland Park, IL?

Also, are there any competent instructors near here?
(this would be a gift from me to a 50-YO woman and her 25-YO son,.. neither of which have ever handled any type of firearm. I don't want to take a chance of possibly "teaching"  'em any of my  bad habits)
View Quote

Breech and Barrel is my go to guy for transfers.
http://www.breech-barrel.com/
18600 IL-59, Shorewood, IL 60404
(815) 254-4867

Female friendly instructors, I'd go with:
http://illinoisgunpros.com/
http://illinoisgunpros.com/women/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top