Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2015 9:43:42 PM EDT
My apologies in advance for starting one of these threads, but after 2 hours on Google, I'm still left confused.

I'm currently a Dupage county resident, but am considering selling a couple rifles that would fall into what Cook county defines as "assault weapons".  To that end, I was wondering if a face to face meet up in Schaumburg would be a big no no, since it's located in Cook county.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 11:20:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Who knows. Bump for info
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 10:27:27 AM EDT
[#2]

My understanding is...and I"m not a lawyer, but that doesn't keep me from giving out bad legal advice.

You can transport weapons thru/in Crook County.  People in Crook County can own those weapons.  Those weapons should not be kept overnight in Crook County.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 12:45:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm no lawyer either BUT.

People in suburban cook county can own AR's. I own them, the cabelas in hoffman estates (in cook county) sells them.
My local police department (palatine) said I can own them.

I think you're good to sell them. Besides, people can own AR's who live in AWB areas, they just have to keep them in a legal area.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 5:30:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I've sold guns in the Woodfield mall parking lot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top