Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2015 8:02:26 PM EDT
Just saw a teaser that tomorrow at 10 pm ABC 7 will be doing an expose on the big money behind a push to legalize suppressors.  I think that was the gist of it, just caught the tail end.

Wonder if they ever did an expose of Bloomberg's big money behind gun control initiatives?  Probably not.  
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 8:20:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I posted this in the other thread.

My buddy works for ABC, he said their engineer staff is very pro gun and will be pissed and not let it air if it sucks lol

But we'll see, my friend thinks it should be good.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 9:19:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Mass media today is more about fear mongering, that promo looked like more fear mongering to me.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 10:53:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mass media today is more about fear mongering, that promo looked like more fear mongering to me.
View Quote

I need to see it
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:16:24 PM EDT
[#4]
ABC has a new teaser online.

http://abc7chicago.com/hobbies/i-team-guns-to-get-silent-treatment/504707/

And IBTL if the mods think this is a dupe thread.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:25:16 PM EDT
[#5]
looks like it could go either way from the teaser. My buddy said it better be on the right side or someones going to roll bars and tone in the middle of it.

we'll see
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:38:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
looks like it could go either way from the teaser. My buddy said it better be on the right side or someones going to roll bars and tone in the middle of it.

we'll see
View Quote

Where's Captain Midnight when you need him?

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:31:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

http://youtu.be/lbruOe6Yii0
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

we'll see

http://youtu.be/lbruOe6Yii0

haha that's great

I told my friend to record it for me because I'm sure I'll miss the live airing. My fingers are crosses that it isnt a shitty report.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:35:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:57:15 AM EDT
[#9]
LawnDart -- what else needs to be said.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:24:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Well, that was a waste of my time.  It presented two starkly contrasting views, so whatever side you were on, you'll stay on.  Any attempt to make nice with the "it's good for your hearing" statements was countered with implied bashing of the NRA and other deep pockets.  Chuck Goudie's resigned "We'll see where this goes" seems to imply he's not thrilled with the idea.

EDIT... here's the story and video. http://abc7chicago.com/news/are-gun-silencers-a-threat-to-safety/689952/
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 1:58:24 AM EDT
[#11]
So if they make them legal will we have to jump through hoops, have them be severely restricted, obtain other licenses, be part of some re-enactment group and cost a lot with extra IL fees tacked on like we have with SBRs and CCW?
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 6:27:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So if they make them legal will we have to jump through hoops, have them be severely restricted, obtain other licenses, be part of some re-enactment group and cost a lot with extra IL fees tacked on like we have with SBRs and CCW?
View Quote

Did you expect anything less from this state?
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 7:45:34 AM EDT
[#13]
wasnt as bad as I thought it would be. They stayed in the middle and showed views on each side.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 9:57:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope. I'm still waiting to see if any requirements or fees for CCW drop. Almost $500 total for classes, license, fingerprints, ammo, etc just to take the class is affordable for me, but is way too high. That doesn't include gear or a firearm which I've had for years when I had a PA permit which I sadly couldn't renew this year due to needing an IL permit as well. Needing to obtain and renew a C&R license as long as you own a SBR is ridiculous.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 3:33:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Channel 2 did a similar story as well as other news outlets. There are videos on You Tube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nabwPucRQo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KSBCvOiEXQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5WmZOhLTaM
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 4:51:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Silencers extend the print of the gun, making it harder to conceal.  The extended size of the gun is the reason that AR pistols are not used more in crimes.  What does supressing the noise do to street crime?  With the reduction in the police force, I doubt it will affect the response rate.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 3:43:50 PM EDT
[#17]
I desperately want a suppressor for my home defense firearm. I should nit be forced with the decision, should an attacker enter my home, between the death or permanent hearing loss of my children.

Sound suppressors, it's for the children!
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 1:22:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Cook county sherriff on his opposition of legalizing

"Frequently the telephone calls that come in to law enforcement about problems that occur on streets come from neighbors and the like who have heard gunshots out there; it draws law enforcement to the area where the shots were fired from,"

Keep them illegal, so criminals won't use them illegally. Never go full retard
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 7:54:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Nope. I'm still waiting to see if any requirements or fees for CCW drop. Almost $500 total for classes, license, fingerprints, ammo, etc just to take the class is affordable for me, but is way too high. That doesn't include gear or a firearm which I've had for years when I had a PA permit which I sadly couldn't renew this year due to needing an IL permit as well. Needing to obtain and renew a C&R license as long as you own a SBR is ridiculous.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow $500. I must be charging too little.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 7:54:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's about how it works out.

Class - $200
Ammo - $80
Prints $60
State of Illinois - $150

= $490

Plus 2 full days of your time.

The requirements and costs are too high. I think we all agree on that.

Link Posted: 5/7/2015 5:47:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Class - $200
Ammo - $80
Prints $60
State of Illinois - $150

= $490

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Class - $200
Ammo - $80
Prints $60
State of Illinois - $150

= $490

Not going to argue with you on the cost and requirement being too high.

My breakdown with no prior training is
Class $200 I cover ammo and provide firearm.
Prints are optional not required $0
State fee $150.

I break up most of my classes to two evenings and a full weekend day. Sometimes I have a all evening class.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 10:07:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Jazzemt, what part of the state are you in?
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 11:33:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Near St. Louis.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 12:06:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Near St. Louis.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Near St. Louis.

Dang, just a little too far. The prices looked good!
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 7:25:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Near St. Louis.

Where are you from? I travel teach at times also.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 12:08:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Why $80 in ammo?  30 rounds 9mm equals ~$9  
I took a class for $150.  The fee to the state $150.  No prints, just waited longer $0.  $309.
Link Posted: 5/11/2015 9:21:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Near St. Louis.

I'm in the suburbs of Chicago.
Link Posted: 5/12/2015 5:46:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I took a class for $150.  The fee to the state $150.  No prints, just waited longer $0.  $309.
View Quote

Where is this $150 class?
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 5:48:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's a guy in JoDaviess county.
16hrs   175.00
8 hrs    125.00

Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:34:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Some classes run higher round counts. We shoot about 200 rounds in our classes including the qualification.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 12:04:48 PM EDT
[#31]
I think Illinois public safety training in crestwood is still 100 dollars for 16 hours for the conceal carry class.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top