Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2015 11:54:28 PM EDT
Valinda & I have had several (brief) face to face meetings with Rauner over the past months.  We have been trying to get him to speak at IGOLD but, we know he has a lot on his plate.  He couldn't make it to speak but, he did agree to have a short meeting with us and our small entourage the morning of IGOLD.  I'M TELLING YOU...THIS IS HUGE!!!

We took Todd, ISRA Richard P., and a couple of our key IllinoisCarry folks with us.

We have been at this for over 10 years and never seen the inside of the Governor's office let alone see him.  We have always been treated like second class citizens.  

Our meeting couldn't have gone better.  Valinda went through the list of concern areas like reducing prohibited places, problems with ISP etc while the rest of us filled in details. and he "Got It"!  It was like talking to a neighbor you like!!!  He wasn't wearing a tie and was just as common as we were.  He says we can count on him.  

I personally think he is a good man and I have no reason to doubt his sincerity.

In the past, there were security guys posted outside the Governor's office and our IGOLD folks weren't allowed in...This year we had lobby cards for them to take to the Governor and he had a couple of sweet young ladies set up collecting the cards...The really big symbolic difference for us was the fact that they propped the big glass doors open for us!!!

What a difference an election makes!   We are very encouraged!!!

I can't believe we didn't take a picture!!!  We were trying to cram a lot into that meeting!!!
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 12:36:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Thank you for all the work you do!
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 1:32:09 AM EDT
[#2]
FPNI!
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 2:59:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/20/2015 4:45:56 AM EDT
[#4]
That's great news. I hope he's true to his word. Thanks for all your hard work.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 9:35:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 11:02:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/20/2015 5:36:51 PM EDT
[#7]
That's great news. I hope he's true to his word.
View Quote

Only time will tell.  I'm feeling he is true-blue....But, trust has to be earned.  
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 6:50:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Well that's one vote that seems to have worked out well for me.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 6:58:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Brady would've been better But Rauner is still BEYOND a much welcome change from that anti-gun dickhead we just had as governor!
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 7:31:05 PM EDT
[#10]
We're lucky to have folks like you and Valinda working for us, Swanhunter. Many thanks!

Larry
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 8:41:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Great job!!!
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 5:06:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Great to hear!
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 8:16:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Nice to hear he had some time to meet you.
Having a governor, that won't sign bad bills, is right now, our best bet against the ridiculous gun control bills that come from the politicians in Chicago this time of year.
In the past, we had to call, write, and bite fingernails, because votes were close, and we knew if any anti-gun bills got through the state legislature, they would likely be signed by Ryan, Blago, or Quinn.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 9:43:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Rauner approval rating down to 36%

They didn't call many of us, apparently.

EDIT: Thanks for having a good meeting with him, Swan!!
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 9:55:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Rauner approval rating down to 36%

They didn't call many of us, apparently.
View Quote

No, they didn't call us.  One of the things we mentioned several times in our contacts to get to meet with him was the fact that we weren't after Taxpayer $$.  We only want our 2nd Amendment back!  Plus, we were courteous and appreciative unlike some of the groups he has had to meet with lately.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 10:00:48 PM EDT
[#16]
The Doors being propped open for the IGOLD folks to enter was another HUGE things that thrilled everyone there!  Before, the doors were closed and there were a few security folks posted to keep us in line!

Link Posted: 3/22/2015 9:00:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Thank you for your hard work and efforts, glad that at least doors are opening for 2a rights.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 7:47:16 PM EDT
[#18]
This is good news! Keep it up and let us know what we can do!
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 11:50:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Awesome to hear!
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 8:39:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 10:25:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Fantastic news! Thanks you so much for all you have done for the folks of this state.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 1:33:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Awesome! Thanks for doing what you're doing. Question, with the new AWB's being proposed, did Rauner elude to saying he would veto bad anti-gun legislation?
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 2:10:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Awesome! Thanks for doing what you're doing. Question, with the new AWB's being proposed, did Rauner elude to saying he would veto bad anti-gun legislation?
View Quote

The very first question I ever asked him (during the primary) was that very question.  He indicated he would veto.  
At this time...given all the interaction we have had with him, it is my opinion he would veto.  He hasn't been a bit washy-washy in his answers...He pretty much said the same on the record during the campaign concerning AW's.
But, as always...time will tell for sure.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 1:36:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The very first question I ever asked him (during the primary) was that very question.  He indicated he would veto.  
At this time...given all the interaction we have had with him, it is my opinion he would veto.  He hasn't been a bit washy-washy in his answers...He pretty much said the same on the record during the campaign concerning AW's.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, there's some minor hope to be had then. Thanks again
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 7:54:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Thank you guys for all you do for us.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 12:17:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 9:19:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.

Dave W.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 7:02:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Sorry I could not make igold this year. started a new job in October and didn't earn up enough time off yet. Glad it went well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top