Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2015 12:30:31 PM EDT
Hey has anyone had to change there address that has a IL CCL Permit. Just wondering how long it is going to take to receive the new card.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 12:46:16 PM EDT
[#1]
one student did this back in last May?  Maybe June?   Seems it took three weeks
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:52:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine didn't take long at all, maybe two weeks...this was back in september. Be sure to change your DL first, I filled out the form for CCL adress change late in the evening the day before I changed my DL thinking that I was ahead of the game. I recieved a notification the next morning that things were amiss. It was easy enough to straighten out with a phone call and some followup but will be easier in the future now that I know they check against state ID.

They didn't seem to care that my FOID didn't match at that point. It came much later than the CCL
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:58:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I changed it about 2 months ago.  I sent in the check on the weekend, and I received it the following Friday.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 7:41:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Very quickly, like others stated about 2-3 weeks, now changing your FOID, prepare to way on that puppy, just did all my address changes, though to be honest, State DL/Reg/FOID/CCL all were painless, unlike changing medical insurance and all the private industry crap, I am still trying to change crap corporation wise for a Non-Profit.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 9:43:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very quickly, like others stated about 2-3 weeks, now changing your FOID, prepare to way on that puppy, just did all my address changes, though to be honest, State DL/Reg/FOID/CCL all were painless, unlike changing medical insurance and all the private industry crap, I am still trying to change crap corporation wise for a Non-Profit.
View Quote

I just had a couple of students get their change of address on their foid's back in under two weeks.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 8:39:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine took less than a week.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:10:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I just did this also, only took a week
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:45:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Just received it today.. 7 days not bad Illinois.

FYI...AZ, UT, and FL don't send you a new card they just update your records.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 8:42:03 PM EDT
[#9]
My CCL only took two weeks or so...but my FOID took over 6 weeks after the my check was cashed. The painful part was the $75 to change my address. Brutal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top