Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2014 11:57:08 PM EDT
I am selling a few full/high capacity mags and someone from another site stated they live in Belleville, IL.. I have been trying to research answers but am having a difficult time finding any. Are there any legal no-no's to full capacity mags? Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 12:23:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I am selling a few full/high capacity mags and someone from another site stated they live in Belleville, IL.. I have been trying to research answers but am having a difficult time finding any. Are there any legal no-no's to full capacity mags? Any help would be appreciated.
View Quote

I live in Swansea, joined at the hip to Belleville... No issues with hi-cap mags down here, in pistol or rifle.

ETA:  It's only Crook county and Shitcago area that have issues with hi-cap mags.  Down state is Land of Lincoln, not Land of Corruption like up North.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 10:13:43 AM EDT
[#2]
By law units of local gov are required to provide firearm ordinances to

the State Police, who publish them on the web here.

There may be a few stragglers but they are supposed to be there if they have restrictions.

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 10:55:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm in cook county and I can still have whataver mags I want. Cabela's (in cook county) sells them.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 3:13:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Belleville resident here.  As others have stated g2g.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 4:05:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the replies.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 4:59:51 PM EDT
[#6]
If you are selling them for handguns, they are now covered by the Illinois State Law and individual city laws no longer apply.

Read this in your Illinois law statutes. House Bill 183.

For long guns however, the restrictions may still apply.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 12:11:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you are selling them for handguns, they are now covered by the Illinois State Law and individual city laws no longer apply.

Read this in your Illinois law statutes. House Bill 183.

For long guns however, the restrictions may still apply.
View Quote

That may not be quite true . Many seem to think it is . Many more Hope it is true . However No One Knows for sure if Handgun magazines are now regulated by the state . A test case and court decision will be the final word as to whether a magazine is a part of a pistol or an accessory
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 12:39:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Not going to say it is impossible for there to be arrests or court cases but, I'll be surprised if there is.
Actually, the law is pretty clear...state controls handgun laws and that would encompass the magazines too.
I'm sure there has been opportunity for arrests but never happened.
We are getting far enough into this law's implementation for these things to have surfaced...But, this IS IL and anything is possible.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top