Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2014 2:56:58 PM EDT
My local NAPA store has a No-Guns on the window by the door.  Easy to see, actually can't miss it.  

I asked the folks behind the counter if that sign was a local decision or corporate.  They said it came from corporate head quarters.

So I write a letter to NAPA corporate headquarters about a month ago and have not heard back.

From that, I assume NAPA corporate is anti gun and as far as I know Anti second amendment.

Thought I'd let everyone know in case you are interested and didn't know.

Cheers
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 3:23:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm glad I don't have to depend on a NAPA store. My local parts guy shares his store with a FFL. There's always gun talk going on when I stop in. It's a lot like an old time barber shop with all the old farts hanging around bullshitting.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 4:34:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm glad I don't have to depend on a NAPA store. My local parts guy shares his store with a FFL. There's always gun talk going on when I stop in. It's a lot like an old time barber shop with all the old farts hanging around bullshitting.
View Quote

Do you go to Mark too? At the parts shop off i55?
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 5:01:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's been my local parts store for almost 40 years. I haven't done any business with Mark yet, but we've talked Garands plenty of times.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 7:24:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Me too. I've got a couple places nearby that I use when I'm in a pinch, but otherwise I order everything online. Just another reason to avoid NAPA.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:36:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Which store? FWIW, very few stores are company owned anymore. Most NAPA locations are privately held, at least in IL.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:42:10 PM EDT
[#6]
This store is in Beardstown, Il  

I really don't know who owns the store.  Just going by what the people behind the counter said.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:50:40 PM EDT
[#7]
The Napa in Beardstown is owned by MPEC. It's an ownership group that operates approx 50 stores throughout the Midwest. The Posted! app only shows a couple of Napa locations in IL that have a sign on the door. You were either given a line, or the app is not being updated by its users.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:03:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The Napa in Beardstown is owned by MPEC. It's an ownership group that operates approx 50 stores throughout the Midwest. The Posted! app only shows a couple of Napa locations in IL that have a sign on the door. You were either given a line, or the app is not being updated by its users.
View Quote

Thanks for the info.  

What "Posted" app are you talking about?

Where is the head quarters for the MPEC group?

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:14:01 PM EDT
[#9]
MPEC is headquartered in Rockford IL.  Posted is available on iTunes and Google Play
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:06:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks again for the info.

I will mail a letter to Mr. Hansberry tomorrow.

Link Posted: 9/2/2014 10:18:06 PM EDT
[#11]
I will drive 20 extra miles to purchase car parts from another store before doing any business with NAPA.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 12:53:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My local NAPA store has a No-Guns on the window by the door.  Easy to see, actually can't miss it.  

I asked the folks behind the counter if that sign was a local decision or corporate.  They said it came from corporate head quarters.

So I write a letter to NAPA corporate headquarters about a month ago and have not heard back.

From that, I assume NAPA corporate is anti gun and as far as I know Anti second amendment.

Thought I'd let everyone know in case you are interested and didn't know.

Cheers
View Quote

I don't believe it's corporate. Our local NAPA not only has no sign but it has a stack of GunNews papers I deliver sitting on the counter.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 1:34:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

That's been my local parts store for almost 40 years. I haven't done any business with Mark yet, but we've talked Garands plenty of times.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

i have been  dealing with Kent at westown for 25 years myself and doing  gun deals with Mark for almost 20 years.both are great guys to deal with.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 2:18:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

i have been  dealing with Kent at westown for 25 years myself and doing  gun deals with Mark for almost 20 years.both are great guys to deal with.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What do you know. I guess there must be a few arfcom guys in the neighborhood.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 2:30:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mark messaged me on here not too long ago and I happened to be needing a new FFL. Great guy.
I'm probably the youngest guy that goes into that parts store by 20 years too.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 3:04:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

i have been  dealing with Kent at west own for 25 years myself and doing  gun deals with Mark for almost 20 years.both are great guys to deal with.
View Quote

Where is this place?
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 5:49:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Where is this place?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i have been  dealing with Kent at west own for 25 years myself and doing  gun deals with Mark for almost 20 years.both are great guys to deal with.

Where is this place?

Willowbrook. Near I55 and RT 83
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top