Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2014 10:36:53 PM EDT
Anybody out there holding 'build parties' or willing to rent out a jig for a few days?  im running into a brick wall finding a jig without spending allot of extra $ i dont have right now for something ill use once lol   anyhow im in central Il (decatur/windsor area),  if you could help me out just pm me with your price, conditions & well go from there. (iv got mill, press, bits & endmills so no worries there)      thanks guys!!  
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 8:23:45 PM EDT
[#1]
...anybody?? lol.   guess things have changed around here since last, on to plan c i suppose  anyhow if anyone comes around il still be checkin in on my mail lol   >>forgot to put in original post if anything happened to plates or somethin random id cover new ones of course
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 11:40:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 12:23:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd be willing to provide my jig for a build party.  I have family in IL near your area and make it up there often. PM me.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 6:56:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a jig. I live near Kankakee. I can't PM you, but I would be happy to get together to build.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 8:17:19 PM EDT
[#5]
What type of jigs do you guys have?

Irish?

Link Posted: 10/27/2014 10:00:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm also looking for someone with an AR 308 (DPMS) upper receiver block in illinois (DuPage County) who is willing to rent one for a day. I have a standard AR block if anyone is interested.

Whitesoxfan1
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 10:19:56 AM EDT
[#7]
I've always wanted to learn how to build from a 80% lower.  Or atleast watch on being done to learn.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 1:32:07 AM EDT
[#8]
ar-15 jig (didnt think to specify kind )    sry havnt been on in awhile guys & still trying to figure out how posting and 'notifications' work        Thanks 4 the help guys!!!
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 8:51:37 AM EDT
[#9]
The cost of a milling fixture is the same as a couple of carbide end mills.  If you have a mill why don't you just buy one?  They are not really that much?
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 6:41:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I know im probly just going to end up having 2 give in & buy myself 1. was just trying out a 'basic budget build' before i make up my mind on doing a more "expensive/in depth build" lol..  (always nice to meet like-minded people also) > i have access to a buddys machine shop so i got everything i need & its free.. wouldn't mind using someone elses shop/experience & bringing the bits/endmills tho  -keeping this 1 simple as its my 1st 80
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 9:37:24 PM EDT
[#11]
I was wondereding if this thread had went anywhere I wish there was someone around the peoria area that could help me out.
I have not bought a jig or bits, endmills etc.. I don't own a mill router yet. I have already had my lower engraved and reprofiled to an A1 style lower it just need the FCG finished. I didn't want to spend all the money for one lower. And didn't want to screw it up and have to have another engraved reprofiled that gets expensive.
This is a pic of how it is now.

Link Posted: 12/15/2014 10:50:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was wondereding if this thread had went anywhere I wish there was someone around the peoria area that could help me out.
I have not bought a jig or bits, endmills etc.. I don't own a mill router yet. I have already had my lower engraved and reprofiled to an A1 style lower it just need the FCG finished. I didn't want to spend all the money for one lower. And didn't want to screw it up and have to have another engraved reprofiled that gets expensive.

http://i61.tinypic.com/ixvaye.jpg
View Quote

Who did that engraving.  Looks great.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 10:54:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i61.tinypic.com/ixvaye.jpg

Braceman he frequents the retro forum.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top