Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/29/2014 7:26:36 PM EDT
I asked the lady I dealt with doing my prints and app assist today about this. We're in the process of house hunting and we may come across a place we want to buy. What should I do about my address change if my app is still in review? She said "you'd be screwed" and didn't elaborate. I'm guess you'd just have to resubmit your packet and wait at the back of the line. Or maybe one would get lucky and it would get forwarded by the PO then you'd just have to fork over the $75 (which is an OUT-FUCKING-RAGIOUS amount) to change your address.

Anyone run into this kind of issue?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:47:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I would honestly just wait until you move. We all know how they can be with these licenses and probably look for any excuse to deny you.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 6:59:37 AM EDT
[#2]
We haven't even done the preapproval process for a mortgage yet but are house hunting. We've still got 9 months left on our lease and we don't even know if the landlord would let us out early. I don't realistically see us moving for the next 4-6 months but you never know. I'll just let her ride and see what happens.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 8:19:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We haven't even done the preapproval process for a mortgage yet but are house hunting. We've still got 9 months left on our lease and we don't even know if the landlord would let us out early. I don't realistically see us moving for the next 4-6 months but you never know. I'll just let her ride and see what happens.
View Quote

Yea, it's annoying as hell. But it'll be worth the wait versus the headache of illinois saying you're giving them fake addresses or some other B.S.

Maybe there's a cop or instructor on here that can give some advice?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 8:31:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Op, you're worried about a problem that doesn't exist yet. You don't have your license yet and you have yet to move. So there's no way to amend your application even if you wanted to since you don't have a new address.

If you submitted your ap with prints you'll probably have your license within 60 days. Once you have it you can do a change of address as required and pay the excessive $75 fee.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 9:02:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Op, you're worried about a problem that doesn't exist yet. You don't have your license yet and you have yet to move. So there's no way to amend your application even if you wanted to since you don't have a new address.

If you submitted your ap with prints you'll probably have your license within 60 days. Once you have it you can do a change of address as required and pay the excessive $75 fee.
View Quote

I know all that. I was just talking in the hypothetical. I just didn't want to deal with the ass pain should I move while it's still in the process and them giving me hell or having to resubmit the app with the new address.
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:16:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Simplest thing is to not change your address until you have your license then do the address change and give them their well deserved $75!

The post office doesn't forward licenses to new addresses.

Mike
IllinoisCarry.com
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 10:18:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Simplest thing is to not change your address until you have your license then do the address change and give them their well deserved $75!

The post office doesn't forward licenses to new addresses.

Mike
IllinoisCarry.com
View Quote

Figured as much

I'll have to keep the woman from finder her "dream home" for a few more months then
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top