User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 8:28:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I will try to make sure we have a left equipped AUG and/or Tavor there!  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What can I expect with regards to availability of lefty-friendly bullpups?  Am I SOL?

I will try to make sure we have a left equipped AUG and/or Tavor there!  

That would absolutely rock!
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 3:35:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 1:40:00 PM EDT
[#3]
holy smokes!!me and the lady are pumped about this!!!at these type of events do the vendors have discounted stuff?ive been wanting a tavor and some other goodies but will wait if theres deals to be had.
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 6:03:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 3:15:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 11:40:08 AM EDT
[#6]
For people that have gone in the past... Are there long waits for the shooting stages? Is it worth it to buy an unlimited shooting pass, or will there be long ass lines and going through stages multiple times is unlikely?
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 3:04:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
For people that have gone in the past... Are there long waits for the shooting stages? Is it worth it to buy an unlimited shooting pass, or will there be long ass lines and going through stages multiple times is unlikely?
View Quote

Too many variables.  I've gone the last three years with unlimited but I make a day of it. Open to close or when I run dry.  How long are stages and the reset time? How many people show? How many more people will the bullpup addition bring in? Weather? Etc.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 3:30:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Too many variables.  I've gone the last three years with unlimited but I make a day of it. Open to close or when I run dry.  How long are stages and the reset time? How many people show? How many more people will the bullpup addition bring in? Weather? Etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fair points, thanks.
Any idea what to expect round cost to be for the automatics? Just trying to figure out how much punishment my wallet is going to take.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 4:17:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 5:25:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

$10 a go at the Bullpup Stages where you can shoot full auto, surrpessed, belt feds, etc. - it will get you 1-2 mags or a 25-50 round belt of firing on a gun depending on the cost of ammo for the gun you pick out.

FYI the $10 is only to cover the cost of ammo, nothing more.  The first year we did not charge and we went through well over over $7,000 of ammo in less than 8 hours, and that was back when .223 brass cased was under $0.25 a round!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fair points, thanks.
Any idea what to expect round cost to be for the automatics? Just trying to figure out how much punishment my wallet is going to take.

$10 a go at the Bullpup Stages where you can shoot full auto, surrpessed, belt feds, etc. - it will get you 1-2 mags or a 25-50 round belt of firing on a gun depending on the cost of ammo for the gun you pick out.

FYI the $10 is only to cover the cost of ammo, nothing more.  The first year we did not charge and we went through well over over $7,000 of ammo in less than 8 hours, and that was back when .223 brass cased was under $0.25 a round!

Oh hell yes! This is going to be awesome, I can't wait. I'm ordering my unlimited pass shortly. Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 6:11:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s131.photobucket.com/user/Dawg180/media/BULLPUPSHOOTPOSTCARDJPEG.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p296/Dawg180/BULLPUPSHOOTPOSTCARDJPEG.jpg</a>

http://www.bullpupshoot.com
[email protected]

Want to shoot guns?  Want to shoot zombies?  Want to shoot full auto weapons?  Then BULLPUP SHOOT 2014 is for you!

WHEN:

September 27th, 2014
9am to 5pm

WHERE:

Aurora Sportsmen's Club
7641 Rueff Rd.
Waterman, Illinois 60556

COST:  FREE to enter, visit the vendors, and check it out!

$35 to participate in multi-stage zombie shoot with your own rifles, pistols and shotguns and ammunition.
(Pre-register at http://www.thezombieshoot.com for only $25!)
Full auto and rare weapons available to try out at two locations on the range for cost of supplied ammo.

Aurora Sportsmen's Club (ASC) and Bullpup Shoot have partnered up to host a dual event this year at the Aurora Sportsmen's Club range in Waterman Illinois.  The event will feature a multi-stage Zombie Shoot where you bring your own firearms and fight stage after stage to survive the zombie hordes, including a ride in an armored vehicle down the length of the 600 yard range to shoot targets on the move!  The event is very popular and fills up fast, and we HIGHLY recommend pre-registering at http://www.thezombieshoot.com for this part of the event. Eye and ear protection are required, $25 pre-registration, $35 day of the event. Some stages will have firearms and ammunition available in case you don't have your own.

In addition, two bays this year will feature a host of full auto, suppressed, and rare weapons supplied by Vendors that you can try out.  Want to shoot a machinegun?  Want to shoot a suppressed subgun?  Want to shoot a belt fed weapon?  This is your chance!

A host of Vendors will be on site under "the big tent" including Manticore Arms Inc., RATWORX, IWI USA, Steyr USA, K&M Aerospace, and many others.  Vendors will have new products on display and a host of items on sale including bullpup rifles and accessories (all Illinois and federal laws apply).

Now for those wondering, what exactly is a bullpup rifle?  A bullpup rifle is simply a rifle where the magazine and action of the rifle are behind the pistol grip and trigger instead of in front.  This allows the rifle to be much shorter while still having all the features of a "standard" rifle.  Bullpup Shoot is dedicated to getting together the newest, coolest, and best out there in the bullpup rifle world all in one place at one time!

Concessions will be available for purchase by South Moon Barbeque and Pub West including BBQ, pizza, sandwiches, and beverages.

Accommodations are available at the Super 8 in Dekalb, Illinois at an event rate of $65+tax per night on Friday Sept. 26th and Saturday Sept. 27th.  When you book your reservation just let them know you are part of the Bullpup Shoot for the event rate.

Dekalb Super 8 Motel
800 W. Fairview Dr.
(Near junction of Interstate I-88 and Annie Glidden Rd)
Dekalb, IL 60115
Phone: 1-815-748-4688
Fax: 1-815-748-4688

For additional info please visit http://www.bullpupshoot.com or email us at [email protected]
View Quote

A guy at work gave me a few and in return I passed them out to guys I work with.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 2:04:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 12:13:30 PM EDT
[#13]
How do i register at the discounted rate it shows $45 for 5 stages plus $10 for an additional 3 also cannot wait for this.  Will there be any issues if I bring a few SBR's with approved paperwork of course?
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 4:46:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:23:02 PM EDT
[#15]
So the discounted rate is gone or I missed the sign up cause it's not $35 or $25 like posted above?
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:57:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 12:25:09 PM EDT
[#17]
I haven't had a chace to shoot a suppressed weapon or even an automatic to be honest. Super stoked to be going. Can't wait to meet a lot of you guys.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 12:26:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 12:44:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I haven't had a chace to shoot a suppressed weapon or even an automatic to be honest. Super stoked to be going. Can't wait to meet a lot of you guys.
View Quote

Same, I am so pumped.  I've been trying to patiently wait for the last few months and the time is finally here!
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:12:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:06:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Hell yeah can't wait to meet some arfcom folks and shoot some NFA toys!
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:25:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:27:30 PM EDT
[#23]
If we are going for just the Bullpup/full auto rentals do we need to bring anything other than cash and eye/ear protection?
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:31:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 4:26:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 5:51:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 10:45:00 AM EDT
[#27]
1 more day boys and girls. Super pumped!
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 3:24:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 8:47:22 PM EDT
[#29]

Link Posted: 9/27/2014 9:34:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Those are some awesome pics!!  I finally satisfied my lifelong wish of shooting a 50 cal today out there (shot twice actually).  You wont knock the smile off of my face for at least a month.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 9:38:43 PM EDT
[#31]
I have quite a few more and will post them to some website or something. One of my more difficult things to do in photography is take pictures of people. I do mostly nature / landscapes. I had learned a bit today so I am thrilled with that.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 9:50:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Nice pics! Today was definitely a blast. Couldn't have asked for more perfect weather!

Thanks to everyone that had a hand in putting this together!
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 9:58:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Big thanks to the ASC crew who organized and ran this, as well as Manticore Arms, Ratworks, DSA, Marc Krebs, IWI, and all of the other suppliers for making this happen.

Also another Big thanks goes out to the Kane County Sheriffs for their stage. I had so much fun on that one.

Link Posted: 9/27/2014 9:59:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Just got home myself. I tell you what boys...today was a blast. That .50 they had setup on the 600 yard range was just out of this world. Got to shoot a Thompson also. I dont know about anyone else but I'm starting to question if there was actually any tanerite in that pumpkin.  Well organized and just overall fun. Will be going back for sure!
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 10:10:33 PM EDT
[#35]
I worked as an ASC volunteer at the Metro Training stage today, constant lines.  Those full-auto reports were going constantly.  Kudos to the ASC and all the vendors present.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 10:16:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Nice pictures.  I had a blast myself got to shoot 7 different machine guns today, although I don't remember what the belt fed at the IWI tent was that thing was sweet.  I'm on a krinkov hunt now thanks to Krebs that machine gun was the last one I shot today.  Hopefully some AK74U parts kits pop up again with the original barrels.  Thanks to all the sponsors and folks that made this happen they should do some machine gun shoots like this a few times a year out there, it was like a little Knob Creek in Illinois not a gun friendly state hopefully we can get all of our NFA rights back in the coming year.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 10:25:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Just got home myself. I tell you what boys...today was a blast. That .50 they had setup on the 600 yard range was just out of this world. Got to shoot a Thompson also. I dont know about anyone else but I'm starting to question if there was actually any tanerite in that pumpkin.  Well organized and just overall fun. Will be going back for sure!
View Quote

There was in at least one of them. I saw it go off while waiting in line. Unfortunately, I never could get my elevation right for the pumpkin so I failed to set it off both times.

I really enjoyed that stage however. I think it was the farthest I have ever shot a rifle. Thank GOD for the Eotech. There is no way my near sighted ass would have made those shots on the far targets or the tiny one with irons.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 10:30:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 12:53:45 AM EDT
[#39]
I must be the only guy that thought it was way over rated. Long lines, cheaper to have bought tickets than get the unlimited pass and not be able to really use it. Stages mostly for handguns or pay even more to do stages like the CMP garand.  See the ambulance = ND. I did get some cool ear protection at the vendor tent. Met Marc Krebs. MI table was cool.  I guess for me the vendor area was the best part.

I've been meaning to do this for years and now that I did it I won't have to do it again. Other folks that bought the unlimited pass were not thrilled as well so it wasn't me or my group of friends. Using the money on a class would be better.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 9:41:55 AM EDT
[#40]
My uncle and I went for the Bullpup shoot and thought it was alot of fun. Got to try out most of the autos and the Barrett. I was pretty impressed with the Tavors and think I need to buy one now! I didnt think the lines were to bad at all.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 5:12:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I must be the only guy that thought it was way over rated. Long lines, cheaper to have bought tickets than get the unlimited pass and not be able to really use it. Stages mostly for handguns or pay even more to do stages like the CMP garand.  See the ambulance = ND. I did get some cool ear protection at the vendor tent. Met Marc Krebs. MI table was cool.  I guess for me the vendor area was the best part.

I've been meaning to do this for years and now that I did it I won't have to do it again. Other folks that bought the unlimited pass were not thrilled as well so it wasn't me or my group of friends. Using the money on a class would be better.
View Quote

I am sorry that you did not like it. I agree that some of the stages had long lines but I never left a stage feeling I wasted my time.

For me, the chance to shoot a full auto OSW justified the price I spent in tickets. The rest was just gravy.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 12:57:00 PM EDT
[#42]
My FOID expired so I couldn't make it.  

Our shop did work on that South African beast for Eddie. It was still white when it was in our shop. I think we ended up doing some engraving on some knives for their team members.

Link Posted: 10/2/2014 5:48:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 2:49:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
...although I don't remember what the belt fed at the IWI tent was that thing was sweet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
...although I don't remember what the belt fed at the IWI tent was that thing was sweet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMI_Negev

Quoted:
...but I'm starting to question if there was actually any tanerite in that pumpkin.

Indeed there was...older gent with a scoped AR set it off while I was about third in line behind.

They then taped a tannerite container to a cardboard box, and somehow I managed to knock the container off the box with a shot but without detonating it.  

It was an enjoyable day spent shooting.  Yes, the lines could be long at times, but if you made a day of it, you got to do most of the stages at least once if not twice, and I fired at least six full autos also.  

Many thanks to the organizers, sponsors, and ASC for hosting.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 9:54:50 AM EDT
[#45]
Here are more of my pictures. Currently all of the photos are hosted on a Raspberry Pi so be nice. I am in the process of configuring something more powerful. Click on a picture for a larger version.

http://www.pmfphoto.com/zombieshoot.html
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 11:08:47 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 11:55:49 AM EDT
[#47]
That's fine with me!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top