Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2014 4:14:05 PM EDT
I am taking the Rosemont bus down.

Hope to see you there.
Link Posted: 3/2/2014 4:54:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Valinda is the prime organizer of the event.  We'll be there...Not sure how the turn out will be with the weather???
I'm calling it "The March Of The Penguins"!  Sure would be nice if it would warm up a little bit.

Link Posted: 3/2/2014 5:12:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I will be there for the 3rd straight year.
Link Posted: 3/2/2014 5:55:08 PM EDT
[#3]
This will be the 8th IGOLD!
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 3:44:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll be there. It will be my 6th, I think.
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 4:46:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Just heard from Tom Shafer (our parade chant guy) that the storm went South of them...they just have a light dusting of snow...Predicted temps. in the 30's...after the winter of Global Warming we have had, it should feel balmy!
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 8:03:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Joliet bus
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 8:48:23 AM EDT
[#7]
I am dropping off my daughter at school then driving down there with my 4 year old son.
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 2:29:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Third year in a row for me and  three my buddies, of course it is easier being close to Springfield...
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 5:23:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Is this it?

I have taken a day off work for the last 4 years to make these. I figured there would be more of the HTF going.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 5:23:13 PM EDT
[#10]
double tap.

fuck that controlled pair nonsense.
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 6:09:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 6:30:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've got 2 car loads going.

They are predicting snow tonight.  I hope that doesn't discourage people from going.
View Quote

Snow will have me plowing and salting
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 4:18:39 AM EDT
[#13]
I'll be all over the place...If you see me, give me a holler!  I'll be taking pictures, checking in on the NRA/Illinoiscarry tables off and on...You can ask for me at the tables...ask them where Mike Rowe is...they may say bad things about me but, don't believe them!!!
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 4:19:05 AM EDT
[#14]
I'll be all over the place...If you see me, give me a holler!  I'll be taking pictures, checking in on the NRA/Illinoiscarry tables off and on...You can ask for me at the tables...ask them where Mike Rowe is...they may say bad things about me but, don't believe them!!!
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 4:36:06 AM EDT
[#15]
I am hoping to catch and open seat on the bus...  I missed the cut-off to reserve a spot... :(
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 4:48:41 AM EDT
[#16]
will be there with some other folks,,,,third year for me
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 7:28:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Last minute issues at work kept me from getting away. I hope to hear reports later.
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 4:01:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Turn out was definitely down this year.

The main floor seating area and side seats had large swaths of open seats. The 2nd level wasn't even open.

On the bright side, I was able to hand out my cards to my senator, as well as Madigan and Cullerton in less than three minutes instead of standing in a line.

Link Posted: 3/5/2014 7:38:29 PM EDT
[#19]
I went.  My second year.

Impressions:  Attendance was way off.  

My best SWAG on attendance was 1500 or so and that might be generous.

I seem to remember much of the hall packed last year, despite a nasty snowstorm that almost kept me from getting there.

This year, there were entire sections empty.  Whole rows were empty on the floor.

A couple of the speakers, including Shafer aluded to it being the "true believers".  

We need more believers.

Link Posted: 3/6/2014 3:43:38 AM EDT
[#20]
People think the fight is over because we have concealed carry now. They should look at Connecticut to see how wrong they are.

I couldn't go, had a thing with my SO that had to be taken care of.
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 8:50:37 AM EDT
[#21]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

People think the fight is over because we have concealed carry now. They should look at Connecticut to see how wrong they are.

I couldn't go, had a thing with my SO that had to be taken care of.
View Quote
This, +1,000,000,000,000!  

We have a bad law that needs to be fixed, we have a ton of anti gun bills currently in the general assembly, and people sitting on their laurels.  
I have read reports anywhere from 1,000 to 4,000. I'm sticking with 4,000 ;)
Everything was good yesterday except the attendance, and if any adult didn't show up because of the weather, my 4 year old son was there and didn't complain once about the cold.  

Link Posted: 3/6/2014 1:32:22 PM EDT
[#22]
I went this year, for the first year since it's been called "IGOLD".
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 1:49:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 6:50:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Yes, the press was very good this year...They really don't need to push the "don't pass CC agenda any longer...That ship has sailed.
As always, the staff and attendees were outstanding...Funny...seemed like more young people and children....Maybe there weren't as many older folks numbers to hide them.
The crowd was vocal and enthusiastic.  
Valinda was quoted quite a bit in the media but the quote that actually got her attention was on the Soldier of Fortune web site...She felt pretty tough to get quoted there!
You should have seen Todd V. when he was at the shirt table when I informed him he had just been introduced on stage!!!!  Mostly wasn't his fault as the MC made a slight bobble but, it was all good.
Haven't heard from the Capitol staff about our little "chant" at the end...They have specific rules about that sort of thing....We'll not bring it up if they don't!
We were talking with Todd this morning before we left and asked what happened to some of the bills that were supposed to run yesterday and he said they were postponed because they didn't want anything controversial on the day of IGOLD....(that could get ugly).
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 5:40:54 AM EDT
[#25]
Valinda was excited when she found that she was referenced on the Soldier of Fortune web site.
She thought that was something!!!  
Soldier of Fortune
Gun Free Zones
Top Top