Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 12:41:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Approved.

I applied early morning on January 5th with fingerprints. Non-instructor.
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 7:02:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I received a letter from ISP today.  Appears they had a data breach on the CCL application website on 1/4/2014 and at least two cases of data exposed.  So they sent a letter giving us a heads up.  If you only uploaded the training certificate it "sounds" like you're okay but if you uploaded a DD214 or other documents not required, there's a chance it was exposed...
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 7:27:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Got mine in the mail today. Applied on 1/4 with prints, approved on the 28th, postmarked 3/3.
Link Posted: 3/6/2014 10:55:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Valinda got her license Tuesday...None for me yet!
At lease I can have a loaded pistil with me in the vehicle (as long as she is with me!)
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 5:45:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 7:12:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Submitted 1/5 without prints, application # 56xx.  Still under review.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 9:39:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Valinda got her license Tuesday...None for me yet!
At lease I can have a loaded pistil with me in the vehicle (as long as she is with me!)
View Quote

I'm glad she is on our side!
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 1:10:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Just got mine this morning!
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 5:24:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Checked this morning as I do every morning... APPROVED! For others who did not submit with prints, go check it out. I will update again when license is in hand
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Submitted 1/5 with no prints. I'm still under review. I'm fully expecting to be another month or 2.

Checked this morning as I do every morning... APPROVED! For others who did not submit with prints, go check it out. I will update again when license is in hand

License in hand 3/8/14
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 12:25:38 AM EDT
[#10]
We got ours today!

Halleluiah!
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 6:57:27 AM EDT
[#11]
1/5 with prints, received 3/8.

Guess the prints were a waste of money.
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 5:03:09 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote

I filed 1/5 without prints and I'm still under review.  

Link Posted: 3/9/2014 6:08:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Prints were a good idea for me - there are three convicted felons out there that share my name including middle initial, and one is in Chiraq.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 12:10:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here.  I wonder if we'll get bumped to the bottom because we didn't submit prints.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 9:46:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Same here.  I wonder if we'll get bumped to the bottom because we didn't submit prints.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its all a crapshoot. I didnt submit prints and received my license on Saturday, which is before some instructors it seems. I have no idea why or how.  I live in Cook County also.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 10:36:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Its all a crapshoot. I didnt submit prints and received my license on Saturday, which is before some instructors it seems. I have no idea why or how.  I live in Cook County also.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're post is what I was referring to.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 1:04:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 7:27:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
My wife and I are pleased to find we were approved today.  We didn't get registered until 1/11 and were numbered 25,8XX.  We expected 2-3 more weeks, but were approved today.  The ISP must be moving through the list very quickly.  
View Quote

This is goods news!   My 1/18 date is getting closer to the top of the pile
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 8:03:29 AM EDT
[#19]
I posted this in another post but ill add it here too.

Received mine on 3/10/14.     I submitted my application on 1/5/14.     Non-instructor.    No prints
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 8:42:33 PM EDT
[#20]

Got my CCL Today....

Guess what?
With no Stinking Prints

completed app 1-5
approved 2-28
postmarked 3-4

I noticed  at ISP app page my status changed today from approved to active
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 2:33:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Still under review

Instructor
Filed 01/31/14
#433xx
Link Posted: 3/15/2014 4:01:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I wrote this to help people out... http://chicagogunsmith.com/blog/how-do-i-apply-for-my-illinois-carry-concealed-license/190/   Clears up ALOT of confusion.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I didn't mean to hi-jack the OP's thread but maybe a lot of readers here will learn more in regards to the CCP. Thanks for the info.!!!
I wrote this to help people out... http://chicagogunsmith.com/blog/how-do-i-apply-for-my-illinois-carry-concealed-license/190/   Clears up ALOT of confusion.

Thanks FATChicago, That guide you created had to of taken a lot of time to create. It is very helpful. I did get hung up when entering the instructors name. I finally noticed that a comma is required between his last and first name.
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 9:43:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 10:19:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Got my app successfully completed today.  Submitted with prints.  For some reason I thought review time was 60 days with prints, its saying 90 now?
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 10:41:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Got my app successfully completed today.  Submitted with prints.  For some reason I thought review time was 60 days with prints, its saying 90 now?
View Quote

It was always 90 with prints, in the FCCA.

Now, some of us have gotten our CCL in 60 days.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 12:32:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Finally got mine today..I thought it was on board of that lost airliner somewhere in the Bermuda Triangle!  Both myself and wife (instructors) were approved Feb 28, she received hers two weeks ago!  
Took us 10 years of hard work to get this little piece of plastic in the mail!!!!

Mike
IllinoisCarry.com
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 2:39:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Finally got mine today..I thought it was on board of that lost airliner somewhere in the Bermuda Triangle!  Both myself and wife (instructors) were approved Feb 28, she received hers two weeks ago!  
Took us 10 years of hard work to get this little piece of plastic in the mail!!!!

Mike
IllinoisCarry.com
View Quote

Congrats! Carry proudly
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 6:15:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah so i was confuzeled.  thanks for the clarification.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 8:42:18 PM EDT
[#29]
good for you, now your wife doesnt have to protect you anymore
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 9:29:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Yes...it was a little unmanning!
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 11:24:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Mike
IllinoisCarry.com
View Quote

Congrats Mike, I've been waiting for your "got it" post, your sure earned it.
I'll get mine around May 20th I think......1/5, no instructor, no prints, sent the wrong scan cert (unsigned) which pushed me back to 1/20 app date. But, I'm happy for you and your wife unit. Thanks for all you've done.
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 11:37:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Thanks for the kind words...I have to admit...there were times that it just didn't seem we could get there!
But Now...
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 12:47:30 PM EDT
[#33]
So when mine doesn't show up on April 5th (120 days after I applied), who do I call to bitch about it?  What recourse do I have?  I have friends who applied after me, also with no fingerprints, who have already received theirs.
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 1:25:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
So when mine doesn't show up on April 5th (120 days after I applied), who do I call to bitch about it?  What recourse do I have?  I have friends who applied after me, also with no fingerprints, who have already received theirs.
View Quote

Have you gone online to the ISP portal to check your status? If you are Active and it shows an expiration date, you should call the ISP help line and let them know you've not yet received your card.
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 1:53:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Have you gone online to the ISP portal to check your status? If you are Active and it shows an expiration date, you should call the ISP help line and let them know you've not yet received your card.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I check it EVERY day.  Shows "Under Review"
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 2:25:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm still under review, applied on the 5th, without prints, you aren't alone.
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 2:39:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Assuming you applied Jan 5th. Wouldn't 120 days be May 5th? (roughly)
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 3:17:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok, so my calendar was off.  I still wouldn't have an issue with it, but I know at least two people who have already received theirs, without prints, and they applied AFTER I did by no less than a week.
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 3:43:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Both wife & I applied same day...approved same day...mine took two weeks longer to get mailed....This isn't first in first out situation.  The optional prints don't automatically move you through quicker...they only reduce the number of days they have to approve you.  You could be approved in 35 days and someone with no prints could possibly be approved in 32....Be patient....it will come!
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 9:47:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 10:31:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I now have two day widget counters on my phone... the first is the number of days since I submitted, the second is the number of days I can still legally teach in this state, after which I will be an un-(FCCL)licensed Instructor.

Of course it makes complete sense that instructors, having already passed the vetting process before the application period was open would simply be dumped into the pile of apps, but only in this state.
View Quote

My assistant read the new rules this morning and had a slight panic attack. She's a recently certified instructor and applied for her CCW license on 2/22. Unless the ISP can miraculously process her permit in under 60 days will she or will she not still be a legal instructor?  No doubt a simple call to ISP will straighten all this out for her.
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 11:47:34 PM EDT
[#42]
My understanding will be she won't be an instructor until her license is issued...At that time she should be re-activated...They might do a waiver but, we haven't heard this option being put forth...of course, this is another ISP generated stipulation that isn't in the law.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 6:33:21 AM EDT
[#43]
applied 2/18 with prints. still 'under review'
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 7:05:54 AM EDT
[#44]
Here's question for you all. My friend applied on 01/14 and his application number is almost 6,9XX. I applied the very next day (01/15) and my application number is 32,0XX. I'm just curious if the application numbers mean anything in regards to processing time. I would expect that we would get our licenses at about the same time but I doubt the process is that efficient and orderly.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 9:34:18 AM EDT
[#45]
No, the application #'s don't mean first in-first out.  Everyone runs through the same system.  Some might take longer to make it through certain phases like a background check with a common or identical name or if you lived in more than one place or out of state recently.  It is a complicated beast...be patient...you will all get there eventually.
The folks doing this are trying to do everything as right as they possibly can...they know they have Dartt just itching to catch them approving a bad guy so he can go back to the legislature to try to make it more difficult to get a license.
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 10:02:54 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Did any of you that have received your permits submit your fingerprints and digital ID ? I haven't decided if I want to spend the extra money for the digital ID.
View Quote

I heard turn around time without the pprints in only about a week and a half longer if your app is not flagged for review.  Definitely not giving more info than required, same for my dollars.

I can wait....
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 10:15:04 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
My understanding will be she won't be an instructor until her license is issued...At that time she should be re-activated...They might do a waiver but, we haven't heard this option being put forth...of course, this is another ISP generated stipulation that isn't in the law.
View Quote

Yes, another requirement made up by unelected bureaucrats to fill holes in a very poorly written law. I'm looking forward to seeing how they handle this sort of exception. Given that they seem to be having difficulty processing applications using a standard process I can't see how working out an alternate one is going to run very smoothly.

Here's another pitfall that's on the horizon - If we read the law and the rules literally after 4/17 it will be impossible to become an instructor without first obtaining a permit. This will potentially add months to new instructor certification unless they figure out some waiver system or some other way to handle it. It isn't clear if that was their intention or they're just unable to perform simple mathematics,  read calendars, solve very simple logic problems, and generally have the common sense that most 12th graders need to graduate HS.  

But who knows. Maybe I'm asking too much and those things aren't required to be an attorney employed by the state of Illinois...
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 10:05:50 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

No, the application #'s don't mean first in-first out.  Everyone runs through the same system.  Some might take longer to make it through certain phases like a background check with a common or identical name or if you lived in more than one place or out of state recently.  It is a complicated beast...be patient...you will all get there eventually.

View Quote
Thanks. I'm not feeling impatient, at least unless 90 days has elapsed which it hasn't. :)

I also found out from my buddy that he started his application right after they site was online and didn't finish until the 14th. That explains why our numbers are so far apart.

This post is also good timing because he just got approved today.

Link Posted: 3/20/2014 3:21:20 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I now have two day widget counters on my phone... the first is the number of days since I submitted, the second is the number of days I can still legally teach in this state, after which I will be an un-(FCCL)licensed Instructor.

Of course it makes complete sense that instructors, having already passed the vetting process before the application period was open would simply be dumped into the pile of apps, but only in this state.
View Quote

I'm in the same boat, so I'm keeping my training-calendar clear for a few weeks after the 16th. Just in case.

Although since we have applied and have not been denied, we should be considered "legal" similar to the FOID renewal standard.
Link Posted: 3/20/2014 1:07:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Any place keeping an official count of how many get issued?  It'd be interesting to know.  I gather Wisconsin's number is quite encouraging.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top