Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2017 1:55:34 PM EDT
Just like the title says, can you overnight camp on BLM land? I'm looking to get my gear together and test out what I have and will potentially need. I tend to overthink and always forget something important, so I want to be somewhat close to home so I can test out and break in my new equipment before I go out to a national park or somewhere out of state.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 2:53:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Plain old BLM land? Sure.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 6:33:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Sure, i've done it a few times. Technically if it aint posted you're good to go.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 1:43:56 AM EDT
[#3]
We have four types of land in Nevada.

BLM. State. County. Private.

BLM land has always been good to me over 40 years.

ETA: Just respect it and leave it better than you found it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 4:40:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We have four types of land in Nevada.

BLM. State. County. Private.

BLM land has always been good to me over 40 years.

ETA: Just respect it and leave it better than you found it.
View Quote
Cool. Good to know. Would like to be 10 miles from home instead of 100+ in case I forgot something. A couple of trial runs and I should be good. Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:10:15 AM EDT
[#5]
I prefer camping on BLM or Forest service land on my own.  I think the limit in any one spot is 14 days.   Check the website for the district you are in.  

I love being away from everything and the people.  National Parks and upgraded campgrounds are over rated IMO.

There are also some areas that have more primitive campgrounds that don't get the pressure that more improved places get.  

The BLM and forest service websites have lots of information on those camp sites as well.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 4:19:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I prefer camping on BLM or Forest service land on my own.  I think the limit in any one spot is 14 days.   Check the website for the district you are in.  

I love being away from everything and the people.  National Parks and upgraded campgrounds are over rated IMO.

There are also some areas that have more primitive campgrounds that don't get the pressure that more improved places get.  

The BLM and forest service websites have lots of information on those camp sites as well.
View Quote
Good to know. Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top