Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2017 2:24:54 AM EDT
Today was the last day to introduce new bills per the rules.
But new bills may still turn up via scurrilous amendment processes.
You may notice that some of the good bills still have no hearing scheduled, that's one way the D's/Anti's (redundant) kill the good bills.
Bernie Anderson was notorious for that tactic, even using it as blackmail for the bills HE wanted.

Courtesy of my Senator, one of the good guys.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Senator Settelmeyer’s Firearms Legislation Update  3/20/17

I am sending you this email update as you have conversed with me in the past on issues pertaining to the second amendment or subjects closely related to it.  
By clicking on the bill number in RED you can access the bill information on the legislative website.

SB102
Senator Settelmeyer’s bill Allows a person to have their firearm in a parking lot on school property.
Referred to Senate Judiciary.  No Hearing Scheduled

SB115
Senator Denis’s bill adds libraries to the list of places you can’t carry a firearm.

SB124
Senator Spearman’s bill Requires anyone who is a subject of an extended protective order, or convicted of domestic violence to surrender their firearms and be placed on the list to not purchase firearms .

SB307
Senator Gustavson’s bill Allows a person to carry concealed without a permit.

SB351
Senator Atkinson’s bill Allows a person who holds a valid medical marijuana card to still possess a CCW.

SB380
Senate Judiciary bill Allows a person who holds a valid medical marijuana card to still possess a CCW, and other matters related to marijuana on various subjects.

SJR11*
Senator Hammond’s  bill Proposes to amend the Nevada Constitution to preserve the right to hunt, trap and fish in this State
Heard in Senate Natural Resources on March 14th.  I support SJR11 but don’t feel it will be allowed an up or down vote.

AB87
Assemblywoman Titus’s bill allows a person who moves to Nevada from another state to still use the other states CCW until it expires.
Referred to Assembly Judiciary.  No Hearing Scheduled

AB118
Assemblyman Daly’s bill allows a person who is 18 who is in the military or honorably discharged to get a CCW.
Heard in Assembly Judiciary on March 15th.

AB171
Assemblyman Marchant’s bill Allows a person to carry concealed without a permit.

AB253
Assembly Committee on Judiciary’s bill Authorizes the Central Repository for Nevada Records of Criminal History to share mental health adjudications with local law enforcement agencies for purposes of identifying persons prohibited from possessing firearms.
Hearing scheduled for March 23rd at 8:00 a.m.  

Some bill drafts are not yet released dealing with firearms.
I will update this once a week to give you more information.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 6:20:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Status update.
Note that the good bills are mostly still being denied a hearing.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Senator Settelmeyer’s Firearms Legislation Update  3/24/17

I am sending you this email update as you have conversed with me in the past on issues pertaining to the second amendment or subjects closely related to it.  By clicking on the bill number in BLUE you can access the bill information on the legislative website.

SB102
Senator Settelmeyer’s bill Allows a person to have their firearm in a parking lot on school property.

SB115
Senator Denis’s bill adds libraries to the list of places you can’t carry a firearm.
Passed Senate floor on 3/21.  Partisan Vote all Republicans voted NO.

SB124

Senator Spearman’s bill Requires anyone who is a subject of an extended protective order, or convicted of domestic violence to surrender their firearms and be placed on the list to not purchase firearms .

SB254

Senator Ford’s bill Removes provision that provides immunity from civil liability in actions involving use of force under certain circumstances. Essentially reverses the Castle Doctrine.

SB307

Senator Gustavson’s bill Allows a person to carry concealed without a permit.

SB351

Senator Atkinson’s bill Allows a person who holds a valid medical marijuana card to still possess a CCW.

SB378

Senate Judiciary bill Allows a person who holds a valid medical marijuana card to still possess a CCW, and other matters related to marijuana on various subjects.
Hearing set for 3/28 in Senate Judiciary.

SJR11*

Senator Hammond’s  bill Proposes to amend the Nevada Constitution to preserve the right to hunt, trap and fish in this State
Heard in Senate Natural Resources on March 14th.  I support SJR11 but don’t feel it will be allowed an up or down vote.

AB87
Assemblywoman Titus’s bill allows a person who moves to Nevada from another state to still use the other states CCW until it expires.

AB118
Assemblyman Daly’s bill allows a person who is 18 who is in the military or honorably discharged to get a CCW.
Heard in Assembly Judiciary on March 15th.

AB171

Assemblyman Marchant’s bill Allows a person to carry concealed without a permit.

AB253

Assembly Committee on Judiciary’s bill Authorizes the Central Repository for Nevada Records of Criminal History to share mental health adjudications with local law enforcement agencies for purposes of identifying persons prohibited from possessing firearms.
Hearing scheduled for March 23rd at 8:00 a.m.  

Some bill drafts are not yet released dealing with firearms.
I will update this once a week to give you more information.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:36:14 PM EDT
[#2]
SB 364 and SB 365 could be added to that list as well.  

Anti trapping regulations.  The opinions listed are vastly marked against, however I am thinking that they will ignore them as well.  

I am blown away by what is happening at the moment.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:59:05 PM EDT
[#3]
The worst is that you are more likely to trip over a one-pound gold nugget at the county dump than to see these bad bulls repealed once passed.
We CANNOT depend on Gov. Sandoval to veto any, and certainly not all, of them.

Bloomturd is running radio ads to pressure Gov. Sandoval to ignore the state constitution and force AG Laxalt to "Enforce" Q1.
So Sandoval is probably not going to take on the D dominated legislature over additional RKBA bills as he seems to be keeping a fairly low profile for some reason.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 10:21:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I have not heard those ads.  I tune into Elko though, so a very small amount of people in comparison.  

Shitty part is that it was the Democrats that designed the legislation regarding not touching a balot question for 3 years.   Now they have to follow the rules they made and are pissed about it.

Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:09:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The worst is that you are more likely to trip over a one-pound gold nugget at the county dump than to see these bad bulls repealed once passed.
We CANNOT depend on Gov. Sandoval to veto any, and certainly not all, of them.

Bloomturd is running radio ads to pressure Gov. Sandoval to ignore the state constitution and force AG Laxalt to "Enforce" Q1.
So Sandoval is probably not going to take on the D dominated legislature over additional RKBA bills as he seems to be keeping a fairly low profile for some reason.
View Quote
Perhaps but he did veto the illegal alien auto-voter registration through DMV bill, so he still has a pulse.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:12:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Honestly, it's like I woke up after a bad dream and I was in Kommiefornia.

I've lived here for 40 years and NEVER have I seen this much stomach bile and liberalism in our beloved state.

These people need to be dragged from the feet, charged, and tried for Treason.

What other remedies do we have? And don't tell me "Vote Them out of Office."

Nevada has really let me down.

Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:45:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I've lived here for 40 years and NEVER have I seen this much stomach bile and liberalism in our beloved state.

View Quote
The Republicans screwed us with the business tax increase. The flushing of them and the installment of these goddamned liberals is the result. Short of doing what you have already stated, there is not much to be discussed that is CoC compliant.

We, as a whole need to become more active. This state collectively sat on its hands with the whole Q1 ordeal and even more so with all of this. Unless we are willing to step up to the cartridge box we are stuck with the ballot box. Start getting active, the enemy already has been.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:53:11 PM EDT
[#8]
It also seems that the lobbyist do this shit for a living.  How in the world do they manage to show up in so much force.  

I have a full time job, a family and hobbies.   I live 300 miles from the capital.  I still spend a large amount of time writing emails, researching data, bills, etc and calling people.   It seems that a lot of people really just don't care.  

I can't get my mom to vote because "my vote doesn't mean anything" but she will bitch about it all.  

I will send out group messages, emails and phone calls and people just don't get involved.  They just live for the moment until it's too late then get mad when it's gone.  

I was in California fighting bear hunting with hounds, and it's gone.  

People just dont care I don't think.  

And it seems that conservatives as a whole seem to have more jobs than liberals because they Ave the desire to get up and provide while the liberals just want more entitlements but don't want to do shit for it.

Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:58:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The Republicans screwed us with the business tax increase. The flushing of them and the installment of these goddamned liberals is the result. Short of doing what you have already stated, there is not much to be discussed that is CoC compliant.

We, as a whole need to become more active. This state collectively sat on its hands with the whole Q1 ordeal and even more so with all of this. Unless we are willing to step up to the cartridge box we are stuck with the ballot box. Start getting active, the enemy already has been.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree, Brother.

Unfortunately, the Rats and Roaches have invaded this beautiful state over the years and Harry Reid is their Pied Piper.

Now they want to name a beautiful, state-of-the-art and world respected airport after a FUCKING criminal.

This is what they do when they get in power. Destroy everything.

And make no mistake, both parties are complicit.

Link Posted: 3/25/2017 4:37:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I agree, Brother.

Unfortunately, the Rats and Roaches have invaded this beautiful state over the years and Harry Reid is their Pied Piper.

Now they want to name a beautiful, state-of-the-art and world respected airport after a FUCKING criminal.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree, Brother.

Getting to know many Vegas 'immigrants' that are now my neighbors, mostly coming from CA; I've asked them in conversation why they came and almost always get the answer "...to escape the high taxes and heavy regulations..." Yet, in November they ALL voted Cortez-Masto, Kihuen, et al - a straight 'D' ticket simply because "...well, they best share my political beliefs..." not realizing of course, that they're voting to implement the exact same crap policies that led them to flee here in the first place. - THANK YOU, D**KHEADS!!!
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 3:56:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Getting to know many Vegas 'immigrants' that are now my neighbors, mostly coming from CA; I've asked them in conversation why they came and almost always get the answer "...to escape the high taxes and heavy regulations..." Yet, in November they ALL voted Cortez-Masto, Kihuen, et al - a straight 'D' ticket simply because "...well, they best share my political beliefs..." not realizing of course, that they're voting to implement the exact same crap policies that led them to flee here in the first place. - THANK YOU, D**KHEADS!!!
View Quote
They are a cancer. A fucking disease, and I tell them that whenever they mention shit like this. I'm done being nice and civilized with these people. They need to be made well aware they are not welcome. Battle lines have been drawn, pick a side. I'm fed up with the bullshit and my patience for them is gone.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 4:23:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Here are some unintended consequences of the passage of SB378. We would lose the Brady Exemption. Win Win for the clowns in Carson City as the state would now get more money for background checks.

SB378 would establish that a possessor of a valid
medical marijuana card is not deemed to be an unlawful user
or addicted to a controlled substance under Nevada law. If
passed, SB 378 would result in the loss Nevada’s existing
background check exemption for those who possess a Nevada
concealed weapon permit. Individuals who possess a Nevada
concealed weapon license are currently exempt from the
federal background check requirement
. SB 378 would enable
federally prohibited individuals to obtain and maintain a
Nevada CCW and would eliminate the ability for a Nevada CCW
to serve as an alternative to the Brady requirement.
State issued permits that
serve as a Brady alternative allow those with valid permits
to forego the required Brady check because they have already
been fully vetted and undergone the necessary background
checks.  Valid Nevada CCWs not only relieve permit holders
from the state point of contact check, but also state
required fees and unforeseen delays in processing.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 6:14:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Fuck me dead.

One more comment entered on the legislative site against some retarded bill.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 6:48:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Here are some unintended consequences of the passage of SB378. We would lose the Brady Exemption. Win Win for the clowns in Carson City as the state would now get more money for background checks.

SB378 would establish that a possessor of a valid
medical marijuana card is not deemed to be an unlawful user
or addicted to a controlled substance under Nevada law. If
passed, SB 378 would result in the loss Nevada’s existing
background check exemption for those who possess a Nevada
concealed weapon permit. Individuals who possess a Nevada
concealed weapon license are currently exempt from the
federal background check requirement
. SB 378 would enable
federally prohibited individuals to obtain and maintain a
Nevada CCW and would eliminate the ability for a Nevada CCW
to serve as an alternative to the Brady requirement.
State issued permits that
serve as a Brady alternative allow those with valid permits
to forego the required Brady check because they have already
been fully vetted and undergone the necessary background
checks.  Valid Nevada CCWs not only relieve permit holders
from the state point of contact check, but also state
required fees and unforeseen delays in processing.
View Quote
Well isnt that just fucking dandy.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 8:02:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Just entered my comments for the mentioned bills, don't forget the airport one too.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 4:12:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Here are some unintended consequences of the passage of SB378. We would lose the Brady Exemption.
View Quote
We'd lose reciprocity with all other states as well. No, these are clearly intended consequences, these Dems know what they're doing. They curry favor with their dope smoking voter base and screw over the gun owners who got a good laugh about the Question 1 debacle.
Link Posted: 4/9/2017 5:23:51 PM EDT
[#17]
FWIW, my comment added to the already 95+% 'against' SB378 vote... like our state senators really check what we say before they vote for real.

This poorly written bill will clearly extend Nevada so far outside of established Federal law that the consequences of implementation, either intended by the drafter or not, will tie up the courts for generations... Is the writer of this bill even aware that the required Federal form 4473 to be filled out by a firearm purchaser SPECIFICALLY states that it is a violation of Federal law for ANY USER of marijuana to purchase a firearm - EVEN IF THE PURCHASER POSSESSES A VALID MEDICAL MARIJUANA USERS CARD AND/OR THE STATE HAS DECRIMINALIZED RECREATIONAL USE OF MARIJUANA!

Please DO NOT let Nevada become a legal pariah state! I urge every legislator to immediately REJECT this bill!
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top