Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2017 7:38:48 PM EDT
Hi all!  Well, our 5 year old Whirlpool gas dryer is making a racket when the drum turns.  Anyone know of a reliable, honest repair service in the Las Vegas area?  I reside in the northwest near the shooting park.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 10:22:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Tear it apart yourself and take a look. For the cost of someone else to do the repair, you might as well replace it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 12:38:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Most dryers are pretty easy to work on. If its a squeeleing noise, its probably a bearing. Either a drum bearing or guide wheel.  You can find pretty much anything on YouTube. 2 places to get parts, APPLIANCE PARTS COMPANY across the street from Cheetahs( http://www.appliancepartscompany.com) or there is an appliance parts place on eastern north of the 95 but before bonanza on the west side of the street.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 8:08:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the advice but I don't have the time to do it myself.  I work 12's and between work and appointments I can't get to it until sometime next week.  Need it done now.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 10:00:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Bummer you dont have the time , I fixed mine and it only cost me like $25 for the parts mentioned above  and I put in a new drive belt while I had it apart.

No idea what a repair place would charge , but call either of those parts places and they will recommend someone.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 6:05:05 AM EDT
[#5]
FYI...used Apex Repair Services, 702-850-5613.  I was pleasantly surprised.  Song (his name) lived up to the Yelp reviews.  He called to see if he could come by earlier than scheduled due to a change in his schedule. He was quick, efficient, knowledgeable, and professional.  Cost me $145.00 to replace the dryer idler pulley.  Yeah, I know, cheaper if I did it, but once again, I didn't have the time to do it myself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top