Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2017 7:13:29 PM EDT
I am gifting my mother and LCP, and need to do a 4473 since it's coming from Florida.  Any of you guys FFLs, or do you have a cheap FFL you recommend in that area?
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 7:50:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Henderson is almost as big as Las Vegas. Which part of Henderson might help get you something close to home.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 10:33:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I work part time for a small shop off of boulder highway and college drive. We charge $35 on transfers and then $25 for the background check (that is what it costs us) unless she has a ccw, then no check is needed. PM if you want more info.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 10:57:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I usr spurlocks for that sort of thing. $25 and i have my cfp here so that's it. They got new owners recently as rance passed but they were a great help with the gfs first pistol which had to be ca legal and even threw in a free tshirt.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 11:58:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I usr spurlocks for that sort of thing. $25 and i have my cfp here so that's it. They got new owners recently as rance passed but they were a great help with the gfs first pistol which had to be ca legal and even threw in a free tshirt.
View Quote

I second Spurlock's.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 10:33:47 PM EDT
[#5]
They charge $25 for the background check in Nevada?!  
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 11:14:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
They charge $25 for the background check in Nevada?!  
View Quote

Yep. Unfortunately. Our great state decided to run it through department of public safety so that they can collect easy revenue. That is why I tell everyone to get their ccw, even if they don't ever plan to carry, 3 background checks avoided and it has paid for itself.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 12:50:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yep. Unfortunately. Our great state decided to run it through department of public safety so that they can collect easy revenue. That is why I tell everyone to get their ccw, even if they don't ever plan to carry, 3 background checks avoided and it has paid for itself.
View Quote

Funny thing is that's what saved us from Bloomberg this time around.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 2:06:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Funny thing is that's what saved us from Bloomberg this time around.
View Quote

True. But it still makes me nervous, granted Laxalt says since the check is impossible the law us unenforcable, but what happens when some lefty gets the job? I have already heard the argument "since you can't comply with the law, all private transfers are illegal". What a mess.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 3:17:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 2:55:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Another option is Extreme Reloading off of Galleria across from Cowabunga bay. They are great people and very easy to deal with.  Green Valley Range is also easy if you're a member. Lock-n-Load off of S. Eastern is a great shop too; but the area is crazy congested with traffic most of the day.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 3:14:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

True. But it still makes me nervous, granted Laxalt says since the check is impossible the law us unenforcable, but what happens when some lefty gets the job? I have already heard the argument "since you can't comply with the law, all private transfers are illegal". What a mess.
View Quote

Totally agree, was just commenting on the irony. I'd like to see a coherent plan to trash that law but since the lefties are in charge now I don't see how that happens.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 5:36:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Off topic...is Spurlocks keeping the name or changing it?
View Quote

Keeping it......at least for the time being.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 10:46:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Sounds like I'm better just buying my mom a new gun there.  Who offers good prices on handguns?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top