Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2017 2:37:20 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 4:09:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Good for you, WP!

I have a $20.00 1byone indoor antenna that a friend gave to me and it works great.

I get streaming cable channels on my computer because I have Cox Internet and over 50 channels with my cheapo indoor antenna.

There is NO need for cable TV unless you have an addiction to wearing out your remote for $80.00 per month.

JMO.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 4:11:14 AM EDT
[#2]
internet only for the last 9 years.... I got zero interest in pipelined lies via television.. movies, TV shows and news form Associated press only.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 4:05:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Cut the crap cox TV couple years ago, I don't miss at all. I still use Cox for internet, company I work for foots the bill so I get a decent speed plan just because I can and it cost me nothing.

I don't even have an antenna, I can't think of one show I'd want to watch that I can't get on Netflix, amazon prime or just streaming it on the internet...
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 1:57:09 PM EDT
[#4]
We aren't in Nevada anymore but we did the same thing about 6 months ago.  We have apple TV because it's free, amazon fire stick because we already have amazon prime and local cable internet provider.  they talked us into signing back up for local channels only but it's only $10 a month, has about 50 channels and comes with a free TiVo so for $10 we did it.  I don't watch any live TV just stuff on TiVo and then Netflix and hulu.  still way way cheaper than Dish was.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top