Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2016 6:17:19 PM EDT
I'm looking for recommendations for women's firearms training in the Reno/Sparks area. Looking for basic training working towards or including CCW. Thanks in advance.

NVGunner
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 7:45:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Please clarify.  When you say "looking for recommendations for women's firearms training in the Reno/Sparks area. Looking for basic training working towards or including CCW."  Are you looking for yourself or for a group?  Basic firearms safety training?  You might try Scheels or Reno Guns and Range.  Reno Guns and Range is a very nice facility.  Here is he link.  https://www.renoguns.com/.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 12:40:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I highly recommend Vickie Kawelmacher (pronounced call maker) from The Women's Shooting Academy.

Tell her Joe from Line of Fire, LLC in Las Vegas, recommended you.

You'll be happy.

Hope this helps.

-Joe

Women's Shooting Academy (Reno)
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 2:24:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I highly recommend Vickie Kawelmacher (pronounced call maker) from The Women's Shooting Academy.

You'll be happy.

Hope this helps.

-Joe

View Quote

Plus one for Vicki, she is good people.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 6:06:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You'll be happy.

Hope this helps.

-Joe

She sure is!

Any word on how her husband is doing after the accident?
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 6:28:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I haven't heard. She comes in to do a class at my work once or twice a month, but I haven't been here gr lately few times she has been here.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 6:43:24 PM EDT
[#6]
He rolled his truck down an embankment over 20 times and walked away with some bumps and bruises.

It was big news up North last month.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 7:38:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
He rolled his truck down an embankment over 20 times and walked away with some bumps and bruises.

View Quote

Oh shit, she showed me those pictures, but I didn't realize that it was his truck. I walked in on that conversation.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:24:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You'll be happy.

Hope this helps.

-Joe

View Quote

Thanks, I'll look here up. This is for my wife. I find it better for a non-spouse to do firearms training.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:48:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Oh shit, she showed me those pictures, but I didn't realize that it was his truck. I walked in on that conversation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

That was Tim's truck. I couldn't believe that he walked away from it with only minor injuries.

God was with him that day.

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:53:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Thanks, I'll look here up. This is for my wife. I find it better for a non-spouse to do firearms training.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You'll be happy.

Hope this helps.

-Joe

Vicki is a great instructor and trains a lot of women.

You'll be amazed at the skills your wife will come away with after going through her class.

I'm glad I was able to point you and your wife in the right direction.

Please let us know how everything works out.

Link Posted: 10/26/2016 1:15:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Plus one for WSA. Carol just bought some a replacement steel target from a system she got somewhere, to supplement their collection.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 2:58:28 PM EDT
[#12]

I hear a lot of radio commercials for a women's only training class at Bullseye Nevada, down in Gardnerville. Maybe give them a call and see what's up.
Link Posted: 10/26/2016 9:59:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You'll be happy.

Hope this helps.

-Joe

Yes.....your a smart man.
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 12:14:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Sierra Firearms Academy is also good to go. The store I worked at sent dozens of people to them without a single complaint. Several of those were very timid non shooters of both sexes that would not have done well with Alpha Bro instruction.

Link Posted: 10/28/2016 12:21:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Sierra Firearms Academy is also good to go. The store I worked at sent dozens of people to them without a single complaint. Several of those were very timid non shooters of both sexes that would not have done well with Alpha Bro instruction.

View Quote

Which Northern Nevada gun shop publicly supported UBC's?

I seem to remember there was some hate involved (including me) and rightfully so.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 2:31:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I seem to remember there was some hate involved (including me) and rightfully so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Think there might have been two. The ones I am thinking of are the old indoor range which was Safe Shot and the other was Moana and I think had a similar name to the company I posted but it is escaping me at the moment.

These guys don't sell guns and are strictly training.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 3:42:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Think there might have been two. The ones I am thinking of are the old indoor range which was Safe Shot and the other was Moana and I think had a similar name to the company I posted but it is escaping me at the moment.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, Bro.

I wasn't sure because it happened up North.

Link Posted: 10/28/2016 11:34:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know for sure it was US Firearms Academy that came out for them a few years back. They have since moved and changed their name to Reno Guns and Range and opened an indoor range at a new location.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 12:41:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I know for sure it was US Firearms Academy that came out for them a few years back. They have since moved and changed their name to Reno Guns and Range and opened an indoor range at a new location.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

I knew the name Academy was in there somewhere.

Link Posted: 10/28/2016 1:22:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

To be accurate, it was one blowhard who was actually only an employee. He longer works there, due in part to what you are talking about.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 1:59:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

To be accurate, it was one blowhard who was actually only an employee. He longer works there, due in part to what you are talking about.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I remember that someone here posted a video of the idiot supporting UBC's on the news.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 2:25:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Yup that's them US Firearms academy. Can't believe I couldn't remember that. Only went in there a couple times.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top