Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2016 11:22:51 PM EDT
I signed the petition and I don't have a well.

Even if you don't own a well, please sign this for the rest of our neighbors that do...

Domestic Well Petition
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 12:53:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Where is the source for the concern? I can't find anything other than petition. And it is on change.org, so they can be suspect.

It isn't 2 acre feet. It is 2.2 ac ft per well. That is the minimum and some wells have more . There is also a state fund every well owner is supposed to pay into. I think it is $35 a year, which will cover 90% of the conversion costs IF and WHEN the well goes dry. This is only for those with a revocable permit.

In exchange, the water rights are given to the local water authority. Who, in turn, get to sell them to the original holder and suck up even more of a profit!
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 12:55:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where is the source for the concern? I can't find anything other than petition. And it is on change.org, so they can be suspect.

It isn't 2 acre feet. It is 2.2 ac ft per well. That is the minimum and some wells have more . There is also a state fund every well owner is supposed to pay into. I think it is $35 a year, which will cover 90% of the conversion costs IF and WHEN the well goes dry. This is only for those with a revocable permit.

In exchange, the water rights are given to the local water authority. Who, in turn, get to sell them to the original holder and suck up even more of a profit!
View Quote

I thought it was important.

Maybe if I owned a well I would know more.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 5:04:19 PM EDT
[#3]
That petition sounds fishy,  you would have to rewrite  NRS 534.180  to make any of the changes mentioned.

<-- had a rural domestic well drilled last year and have never heard of anything mentioned in the petition.

Regardless, Joe, Thanks for watching out and posting this.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:28:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
That petition sounds fishy,  you would have to rewrite  NRS 534.180  to make any of the changes mentioned.

<-- had a rural domestic well drilled last year and have never heard of anything mentioned in the petition.

Regardless, Joe, Thanks for watching out and posting this.
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 12:01:23 AM EDT
[#5]
I used to receive quarterly well updates from one of the coalitions. Haven't received anything in the last year. I am sure more will come out, if they try and change this.

In the end, there is a major water grab with the big water authority.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 4:33:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I used to receive quarterly well updates from one of the coalitions. Haven't received anything in the last year. I am sure more will come out, if they try and change this.

In the end, there is a major water grab with the big water authority.
View Quote

Not just here, everywhere. Water is going the way of oil in the 70s.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 5:01:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top