Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2016 12:47:02 PM EDT
I'm new to town, been here about 3 months and I have a question about ammo storage.

Do any of you store ammo in your garages?  My respectable ammo fort has been in the garage since May and I'm trying to decide what I'm going to do for a long term solution.  

Will the high heat of a Las Vegas garage have any affect?  I'm assuming since the humidity is so long there shouldn't be a corrosion concern but I thought I'd ask.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 2:50:14 PM EDT
[#1]
A few years ago i found some ammo cans in my garage that i had put there in 1995.
2500 rnds of 22 all loose, one with shot gun shells buck and slugs, and one with various pistol calibers.
All of it shot like it was brand new.

I have a friend who built a room in his garage after he got back from Desert Storm.
That's where he stores all his guns and ammo.

Just keep it dry and it will be ok.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 5:19:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 6:24:23 PM EDT
[#3]
i keep a little in the garage never had an issue i don't keep much for long though
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top