Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2016 10:12:31 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/11/2016 12:25:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't think people start panic buying yet, there's still time to find great deals on rifles.  I finally pick up a SCAR last week, that will probably be my last gun purchase before the panic start.  As for NFA I got my list covered before 41F
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 1:36:30 AM EDT
[#2]
My buying habits haven't changed. When extra money is available I buy lpk's, mags and lowers.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 1:14:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
We know it Hillary vs Trump. We know if Hillary gets in she is going for a ban right away, probably making the '94 ban look like a walk in the park. What are your plans now? Will you be buying expecting the absolute worst? What's on your shopping list?

I was in NFA and the guy I was buying my new holster from said handguns are selling but rifles weren't going off the shelves like he thought they would right now. I don't get the handgun buying thing, I could see people buying mags but buying a handgun now imho is wasted funds.

I still need that SCAR......
View Quote

That's because you have real knowledge of the situation.  The people doing the panic buying don't know Smith & Wesson from Wesson oil.  They've probably never touched a gun in their lives.  They're grabbing what they think they will use. They see pistols used on their favorite t.v. show so that's what they think they should have. In their case a rifle would be as foreign to them as a jack hammer would be to an elephant.  Meanwhile, informed "investors" know they should be acquiring the actual targets of the gun grabbers.  In my case I'd love to go pick up two or three of those evil black rifles but the funds just aren't there right now.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 4:24:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I personally have zero concerns if she wins about new guns laws this year or next. If Obama can't get them past the congress and senate neither will she. And I think a lot of fun people realize that. Sure she will do the whole dog and pony show of trying to appease the left. And when they fail she can scream "it's the NRA's fault!"  Now, if two years from now when we have congress and senate votes if the republicans lose enough seats to lose control. Then yes, there will be mass panic.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 10:10:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm working to acquire the parts to finish three more EBRs.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 10:54:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I personally have zero concerns if she wins about new guns laws this year or next. If Obama can't get them past the congress and senate neither will she. And I think a lot of fun people realize that. Sure she will do the whole dog and pony show of trying to appease the left. And when they fail she can scream "it's the NRA's fault!"  Now, if two years from now when we have congress and senate votes if the republicans lose enough seats to lose control. Then yes, there will be mass panic.
View Quote

Beware the imperial presidency, executive orders, and a congress that has already demonstrated they will not defend their authority OR the constitution!
She would only have to replace one SCOTUS judge to rewrite several recent decisions 5-4, I.E., Heller.
With two the our constitution would mean whatever she wants, three and we become an utter dictatorship with no rights at all.
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 5:23:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
That's because you have real knowledge of the situation.  The people doing the panic buying don't know Smith & Wesson from Wesson oil.  They've probably never touched a gun in their lives.  They're grabbing what they think they will use. They see pistols used on their favorite t.v. show so that's what they think they should have. In their case a rifle would be as foreign to them as a jack hammer would be to an elephant.  Meanwhile, informed "investors" know they should be acquiring the actual targets of the gun grabbers.  In my case I'd love to go pick up two or three of those evil black rifles but the funds just aren't there right now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

We know it Hillary vs Trump. We know if Hillary gets in she is going for a ban right away, probably making the '94 ban look like a walk in the park. What are your plans now? Will you be buying expecting the absolute worst? What's on your shopping list?

I was in NFA and the guy I was buying my new holster from said handguns are selling but rifles weren't going off the shelves like he thought they would right now. I don't get the handgun buying thing, I could see people buying mags but buying a handgun now imho is wasted funds.

I still need that SCAR......

I don't think its that exactly,but I do agree with you a bit.

You have to remember that guys like "us" that think about stuff from the angle we do are the minority of gun owners, and even the smaller minority of citizens in general.  We think its normal because we surround ourselves with like minded individuals on forums, social media, at the ranges, etc.

The handgun spree we're seeing at the store since November is more from NON-Gun Owners (before entering my store   ) deciding that shit is now getting out of hand and they're scared and want to start protecting themselves and doing more to control their own protection and well being.  Usually that starts with a handgun, some instruction, maybe CCW, etc and as they start to enjoy shooting more and/or get more serious about fighting for their 2A right, protecting their families, etc they will move into rifles and shotguns.

No one is buying handguns because they think they'll get banned.

To give you guys a no shit pulse on the industry, its still in a very very fragile state as we've had 4-5 huge spikes since November starting with the CA shooting.  When these spikes occur I can tell you that no matter how flooded the market has been during the almost 3 year down turn the following items are almost instantly out of stock and in backorder status at our distributors and direct from bigger factories:

-30 rd AR and AK Mags (Magpull dried up after the Orlando shooting within 1 day, and most distro's did the same within 4 days)

-AR Lowers (People are getting smart and realizing they don't need to panic buy $600-$1200 rifles, when they can spend $50-150 on a receiver and still be able to build that gun with over the counter parts that won't/can't get banned)

-Semi Auto AR's, AK's, and Variants.  AR and AK pistols especially followed by SBR's

As a MFG, Distributor, and Retail Sales outlet we get a pretty good pulse on the industry from all angles and can tell if its consumer driven, dealer driven, or manufacturer driven panics.

If you have spare money around and are interested in the above things, start buying now.  The panic may not have hit retail pricing yet, but I can tell you that we make lowers for over 250 companies and they're orders are doubling almost monthly steadily.  We're about 42,000 lowers back ordered and we put out 10K+ a month and can't catch up.  Same goes for the other items listed above that we make and/or wholesale and retail.  Its at its breaking point and it will take one more event on US soil, or about 2 more months and it will be crazy again.

I don't pay much attention to ammo, because I think if you're serious about prepping or hedging these panic time, you have a loader.  I would say stock extra powder and primers, the other components are always readily available.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:36:48 PM EDT
[#8]
And to hope we don't ever turn into California......

We offer a California "middle man" service where people that won't ship to Cali, can ship to us and we forward to Cali dealers.  Or if a weapon needs to be modified for Cali compliance we do that work and then forward it, for a fee of course.

We've done over 100 rifles since Monday shipped through here.  Its amazing that these gun control freaks don't realize the more stuff they pass the more people will find a way around it and flood the streets with more guns than they would have if you just left us alone!

Anyway, all these states changing their own laws are adding fuel to the fire and thought it was related to the above post.  Just because it doesn't effect us (Nevadans) directly doesn't mean it won't screw up our supply chains really good being a bordering state.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 3:23:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If you have spare money around and are interested in the above things, start buying now.  The panic may not have hit retail pricing yet, but I can tell you that we make lowers for over 250 companies and they're orders are doubling almost monthly steadily.  We're about 42,000 lowers back ordered and we put out 10K+ a month and can't catch up.  Same goes for the other items listed above that we make and/or wholesale and retail.  Its at its breaking point and it will take one more event on US soil, or about 2 more months and it will be crazy again.

View Quote

Hey Guido...any idea when will you will have an extra C-4 billet lower in stock to replace the one I returned with the mis-drilled bolt catch hole?  
Got a couple extra uppers laying around that need a home...
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 10:40:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Hey Guido...any idea when will you will have an extra C-4 billet lower in stock to replace the one I returned with the mis-drilled bolt catch hole?  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Its sitting on my desk!  We have some on the next crate coming back from anodizing.  Hopefully by the end of this coming week, if not Monday or Tuesday after.
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 5:26:27 PM EDT
[#11]
So let's talk a bit about the state-level politicians ... what's the dirt on them?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top