Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2016 1:44:48 AM EDT
My liberal idiot democrat neighbor has his grandson for the summer.

The kid has a Carbide Cannon.  Dipshit is convinced it is illegal to set it off in Clark County.  He has asked me if I will take the kid to the range so he can "shoot it a couple of times"

I think I might help him out.  Think  600 rounds of 9mm & the little Colt 9mm AR is enough to infect the average 8th grader for life?  
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 2:38:13 PM EDT
[#1]
big bang cannon with bangsite no projectile?

no projectile not a firearm

Chapter 12.04 - FIREARMS AND AIR GUNS
Sections:

12.04.010 - Definitions.
In this chapter, unless the context clearly requires otherwise, "firearm" includes, without limitation, a pistol, revolver, rifle, shotgun, machine gun, submachine gun, black powder weapon, muzzle-loading firearm, or any device which is designed to, able to, or able to be readily converted to expel a projectile through the barrel by the action of an explosive, other form of combustion or expanding gases.

(Ord. 3571 § 1, 2007: Ord. 1139 § 1, 1989: Ord. 242 § 1, 1965)

(Ord. No. 4332, § 6, 10-12-2015)

https://www2.municode.com/library/nv/clark_county/codes/code_of_ordinances?nodeId=TIT12PUPESAMO_CH12.04FIAIGU_12.04.230DIINUNLOUNXC

don't think that would fall under dangerous fireworks either
https://www2.municode.com/library/nv/clark_county/codes/code_of_ordinances?nodeId=TIT13FIFIPR_CH13.04THFICOCLCO_13.04.260EXFI

that should be plenty of ammo to make a future nra member
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 3:29:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, that will have the kid seeing the light.

Good man.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 7:01:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
big bang cannon with bangsite no projectile?

no projectile not a firearm

Chapter 12.04 - FIREARMS AND AIR GUNS
Sections:

12.04.010 - Definitions.
In this chapter, unless the context clearly requires otherwise, "firearm" includes, without limitation, a pistol, revolver, rifle, shotgun, machine gun, submachine gun, black powder weapon, muzzle-loading firearm, or any device which is designed to, able to, or able to be readily converted to expel a projectile through the barrel by the action of an explosive, other form of combustion or expanding gases.

(Ord. 3571 § 1, 2007: Ord. 1139 § 1, 1989: Ord. 242 § 1, 1965)

(Ord. No. 4332, § 6, 10-12-2015)

https://www2.municode.com/library/nv/clark_county/codes/code_of_ordinances?nodeId=TIT12PUPESAMO_CH12.04FIAIGU_12.04.230DIINUNLOUNXC

don't think that would fall under dangerous fireworks either
https://www2.municode.com/library/nv/clark_county/codes/code_of_ordinances?nodeId=TIT13FIFIPR_CH13.04THFICOCLCO_13.04.260EXFI

that should be plenty of ammo to make a future nra member
View Quote

Yeah, well in his tiny demonrat mind, "readily converted" covers it - I guess he could shove his tampon down the barrel.

The lazy fukker want's someone else to deal with this - somehow he does not see the obvious extension of me making a range trip on his behalf.   I have 20 sticks for the AR loaded with cheap ball.  It won't take too long with some steel targets to hook the kid.
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 7:37:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Find someone with some full auto fun toys to tag along. Suppressors for hearing protection isn't a bad idea either.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 5:26:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
enough to infect the average 8th grader for life?
View Quote

Maybe send him home afterwards with a Magpul calendar...
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 9:46:18 AM EDT
[#6]
It went well.

A quick safety talk, and a sharpie drawing on a cardboard target of a proper sight picture  - about 10 inches in diameter.

Took about 10 rounds for the kid to reliably hit the top of the drawn sight post.  i have found this works well with new shooters.

Once he lost the video game style he tagged every piece of steel he could see - repeatedly.   Had a good time.  We DID shoot the carbide cannon so he could honestly say he did.

Finally I sat him down with my laptop & showed him what happens to  whitebread kids that show up at school with empty brass, draw pictures of guns etc. I think he got that part.  He was shocked that the pop tart gun story was real. After that he handed me some empty brass he had in his pocket.

The magpull calendar would have got him in trouble with grandpa.  Mom thinks COD is ok, but he may not play it much after shooting for real...

Link Posted: 7/19/2016 6:27:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Well done
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top