Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2015 2:41:21 PM EDT
I have been shooting at the BR&PC on the Silhouette range and recently acquired a 24X scope. It is great for Silhouette but not for dry firing in the living room. LOL

I have a print out of targets scaled to 25 feet but the scope will not focus that close. I'm thinking to assemble another upper and put one of the scopes that I have that will focus that close on it.

I have another upper and all of the pieces parts for it as well as a complete BCG. That is enough for function to be able to dry fire but the weight is not there which is the main reason for practicing at home, steadying the dot on the target.

I am looking for someone to donate a shot out barrel that will ft a AR-15, the heavier the better, to put together a 'practice' upper. HBAR, bull, whatever. I add a wrist weight to my upper now to add extra weight.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 11:37:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a governmet profile 16" barrel. The rifleing in it is still good and it can be fired. When i got it there were raised rings in the chamber, i overdid it a bit trying to polish them out and as a result the chamber is a little pear shaped now. I have fired it but the cases get a slight bulge. Ive considered making a 22 out of it or something but i will probably never use it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 11:26:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Look up Indoor Opitcal Training Aid
I.O.T.A.

It is a Diopter you slip over the end of your scope for indoor dry firing.
You set your target up at 14' and with the Diopter it is like looking at a target at distance.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 2:19:34 AM EDT
[#3]
That looks great.

Leupold makes a 50' adapter but that is still more distance than I have.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 12:17:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Let me know if you still need a barrel. I'm pretty sure we have a barrel or two that are shot out.

V/R
Ron
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 11:22:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the offers Obo2 and Ron.

I ordered the Indoor Opitcal Training Aid, I.O.T.A. It looks like it will be a great solution and obviate the need to build a dummy upper.

Leupold makes a 50' adapter which I know works so the principle is good but I don't have 50' either.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top