Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2015 9:33:52 AM EDT
I have a small pad I need to pour in my backyard. In Gardnerville NV .....Approx. 10x10 feet

Too large to use a hand mixer, too small for the big guys to deliver.

I used a truck about 7 years ago where he mixed the right amount from materials right on the truck when I poured some steps. I can't remember the name of the guy or company.

Anyone know of a set up like that here in the Carson City area?
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 12:51:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Rent a mixer?
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 11:22:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Rent a mixer?
View Quote

Nah, then I have to have all the seperate materials delivered, then I mix them then I pour them then I finish the job.

That's like 4 times the work.

It's worth the $350 to have it so all I have to do is pour and finish.

Really IT. IS. WORTH. IT.
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 1:12:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Never mind. Didn't read Gardnerville and just assumed south.
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 10:06:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Bump for more answers
Link Posted: 9/17/2015 11:48:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't think you'll find someone to pour a pad that size for less than $500.  Two guys, a truck, mixer, materials, and travel time.  $500 I'd expect someone to show up in a 2wd tacoma with a bunch of dents, overloaded, and looking like they just came from the bar and spend half the day making runs to buy stuff they forgot.  Get a couple quotes before you put a pricetag on how little work you want to do. Seriously.  Two workers at $20/hr is $320 for a full day of work.  You better have your ground 100% prepped and the 10x10 area ready to accept concrete if you think you'll get it for $350.  If it's too small for a truck your only option is to hand mix 56 80lb bags.  This takes time even if you had every single bag next to a mixer with a hose.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 10:27:33 AM EDT
[#6]
maybe look around the area and see if anyone else is in need of some concrete work done.  If you can line up two or three jobs it might make it worth while to have someone come deliver it.

I have also seen a few companies over the years that will sell you a trailer full of mixed concrete.  you take it home dump it clean it out and return it.  I don't know of anyone specifically but I know it is done sometimes.
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 2:34:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Do they not have any mix on site trucks up north? Last I checked, concrete was about $100 a yard delivered.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 7:56:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Do they not have any mix on site trucks up north? Last I checked, concrete was about $100 a yard delivered.
View Quote

That's what I need.

I used one before, but maybe they went away after the crash in construction.

I do my own flat work........I just need the truck. Or I could wait till I have a few more concrete projects, but then it becomes a pain trying to finish three or four projects at the same time.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 8:18:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Yellow pages lists ready mix, rainbow tims, a&da and mobile mix all in Gardnerville.  Have you called around yet? If so what have you been told? We're the concrete companies telling you it's too big/too small like your original post states?
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 10:02:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yellow pages lists ready mix, rainbow tims, a&da and mobile mix all in Gardnerville.  Have you called around yet? If so what have you been told? We're the concrete companies telling you it's too big/too small like your original post states?
View Quote

Mobil mix........those are the guys I think. Thanks.

NO, not too small. and no I haven't called them because I could not think of the name.

My computer based YP did not give the name I was looking for but they sure listed everything else Lol.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 11:33:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

NO, not too small. and no I haven't called them because I could not think of the name.

My computer based YP did not give the name I was looking for but they sure listed everything else Lol.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gotcha.  Google them.  It didn't take too long if I was able to do it.  I wasn't sure if you considered the job too big/small or if you had someone local tell you it's too big/small.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top