Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2015 6:57:37 PM EDT
I've moved a bunch of times and had a carry permit in many states. So, I have had what amounts to NRA Basic Pistol with a short legal lecture like 5 times. Since I am going to spend time and money on a class it would be good to have some fun and learn something new. So I am asking around, rather than sit politely through a basic class again to meet the minimum requirements.

Any recommendations for a CCW class in Elko that doesn't suck?

I would travel to Reno or Vegas for a good class that wouldn't be NRA Basic Pistol again.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:30:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Joe Nizzari
Line of Fire, LLC
AR15.com Username: Ishoot2live

He's in the vegas area though
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:31:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I took my original and my renewal courses with sierra firearms academy. They were very knowledgeable about the laws.

ETA: located in Reno.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:53:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:59:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys. That gives me two options at least to start a conversation with. I also emailed a school out of Reno I found online.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:24:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Arms-r-us in Starr Valley. They have a range on sight, you do more than the basics and Danielle is a competitive shooter who you will learn alot from. As a bonus they have a decent shop with a lot of guns!
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 7:01:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Arms-r-us in Starr Valley. They have a range on sight, you do more than the basics and Danielle is a competitive shooter who you will learn alot from. As a bonus they have a decent shop with a lot of guns!
View Quote

Thanks CarrierGas, i will check them out.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 8:32:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I can personally recommend both Mike and Dave with Sierra Firearms Academy and Danielle Kohler with Arms-r-Us in Starr Valley.  You won't be disappointed with either.
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 9:51:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I ended up taking the Nevada class from Danielle at Arms-R-Us and it was rather good. You never know what you are going to get, especially in a small town...

Danielle is good at what she does. We had a small class of 4 students. All the students were proficient with firearms and she didn't dwell on the basics, but wisely spent more time on scenarios and discussing "what if" situations where we could learn more. The range test was very basic 30 rounds at close distances. No surprises there.

I give the class a solid recommendation for anyone needing their Nevada specific training.
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 9:45:02 PM EDT
[#9]
I did my renewal with her in july there was four of us also. I liked it there was no bull shit did the required class and shooting and it was over.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top