Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2015 12:30:44 PM EDT
A very strange and mysterious story. He found an "M" shaped entrance to a cave when he suddenly felt his whole body vibrating and got a very bad feeling. Having no form of protection he left, to return days later with a 9mm to try to find the same cave so he can go in it. On his YouTube channel somebody warned him not to go in because he would not get out. Kenny was never seen again.

Eta.... In 5 years I have still not learned how to hotlink.

His last YouTube video.

https://youtu.be/EfdrY-2sROQ

http://www.ghosttheory.com/2015/06/23/no-signs-of-missing-hiker-who-reported-strange-cave
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 2:44:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Speaking of odd and caves.

Many years ago I was told the tale of a hermit guy down south who was living in some sort of big hollow rock out in the desert.
Apparently he  was also clearing a runway nearby.
Then the authorities asked him WTF you doing?

Supposedly he lit off some explosives and the rock rolled over, entombing him and all his possessions.
No explanation of what he was really up to, or why.
Anyone ever hear of this incident?
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 5:11:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 7:23:15 PM EDT
[#3]

22 minute video? Ain't no one got time for dat. Could be any of a million canyons out there.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 10:07:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't venture into mines or caves.

STAY OUT and STAY ALIVE.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 11:14:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
http://youtu.be/EfdrY-2sROQ

22 minute video? Ain't no one got time for dat. Could be any of a million canyons out there.
View Quote

He sort of gave directions and the mining operation he started from would be a recognizable landmark.
If the "M" cave was his goal it seems he could have made it easier on himself by starting from the valley.
Hiking alone in the out and beyond is not the best idea no matter how experienced you may be.
As many times as he slipped and tripped in the video, along with carrying the absolute minimum of supplies, I expect his disappearance is self inflicted.

Were there any storms while he was out?
He seemed to like hiking dry creek beds, caught in a flash flood?
Maybe found his first rattler and got bit too far from help.
He mentions that he liked to find skulls in out of the way places, macabre and insensitive as if may be, some day his may turn up.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 12:26:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

About 17-18 years ago, long before CC215 was built we could ride our dirt bikes right out of the garage and go straight to the Desert National Wildlife Range. Almost at the border of it there was what you described, a cave sort of thing but you could bend down and walk into it. I always had the creeps riding by it thinking someone was in it or around watching me. I was with one guy one time and he stopped and wanted to check it out. I agreed and it had a disgusting mattress inside and these 70's stag magazines. Some psycho had circled all the women's private parts and had commentaries of what he would like to do to them....that was enough for me I gtfo of there right away.

A few other times I saw random people walking with grocery bags like they were headed home and they were already miles into the desert and no homes were in the direction they were going....the desert is a WEIRD place.

I'm also the guy who found bear...yes BEAR prints at the border of Area 51....it had rained the night before and park rangers in Northern California confirmed they were bear tracks......

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Speaking of odd and caves.

Many years ago I was told the tale of a hermit guy down south who was living in some sort of big hollow rock out in the desert.
Apparently he  was also clearing a runway nearby.
Then the authorities asked him WTF you doing?

Supposedly he lit off some explosives and the rock rolled over, entombing him and all his possessions.
No explanation of what he was really up to, or why.
Anyone ever hear of this incident?

About 17-18 years ago, long before CC215 was built we could ride our dirt bikes right out of the garage and go straight to the Desert National Wildlife Range. Almost at the border of it there was what you described, a cave sort of thing but you could bend down and walk into it. I always had the creeps riding by it thinking someone was in it or around watching me. I was with one guy one time and he stopped and wanted to check it out. I agreed and it had a disgusting mattress inside and these 70's stag magazines. Some psycho had circled all the women's private parts and had commentaries of what he would like to do to them....that was enough for me I gtfo of there right away.

A few other times I saw random people walking with grocery bags like they were headed home and they were already miles into the desert and no homes were in the direction they were going....the desert is a WEIRD place.

I'm also the guy who found bear...yes BEAR prints at the border of Area 51....it had rained the night before and park rangers in Northern California confirmed they were bear tracks......

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

How long ago was the bear prints? I saw a picture of a bear in a Joshua tree in mid Lincoln county on Facebook about 2 months ago.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 8:38:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 4:17:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Hiking alone in the out and beyond is not the best idea no matter how experienced you may be.
View Quote

I do it all the time, and I've been fine... for the most part.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 4:37:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Problem is, it only takes ONE real issue to take you out!
A few years ago we had a hard winter and I had to snow-shoe the last couple of miles to get home.
Could have stayed in town but the animals had to be looked after.
Snow-shoes suck, they are not a fun way to travel, I got very tired much quicker than expected.
Fell on my back in deep snow while carrying a heavy pack.
Left me pretty much trapped, the struggle to get upright again was enlightening.
I knew better than to "Rest" but the temptation was certainly there.
Things that seem trivial beforehand can easily become dangerous when you are alone.

In the real rural desert phone reception is unlikely as is the chance of anyone happening by to help.

I recall a guy dying only a mile from home a couple of winters ago.
He and a buddy went out in a dune-buggy that broke down and tried to walk back about three miles.
Neither were young.
At first they talked as they walked, then they got tired and stopped talking.
When the survivor reached the house he turned to talk to his buddy but his buddy had fallen a mile back and he did not know it.
Rescue was too late, exhaustion and cold did him in quickly.

I am sure there are hundreds of similar tales, but of course the young are immortal, until they are not.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 8:29:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Problem is, it only takes ONE real issue to take you out!
A few years ago we had a hard winter and I had to snow-shoe the last couple of miles to get home.
Could have stayed in town but the animals had to be looked after.
Snow-shoes suck, they are not a fun way to travel, I got very tired much quicker than expected.
Fell on my back in deep snow while carrying a heavy pack.
Left me pretty much trapped, the struggle to get upright again was enlightening.
I knew better than to "Rest" but the temptation was certainly there.
Things that seem trivial beforehand can easily become dangerous when you are alone.

In the real rural desert phone reception is unlikely as is the chance of anyone happening by to help.

I recall a guy dying only a mile from home a couple of winters ago.
He and a buddy went out in a dune-buggy that broke down and tried to walk back about three miles.
Neither were young.
At first they talked as they walked, then they got tired and stopped talking.
When the survivor reached the house he turned to talk to his buddy but his buddy had fallen a mile back and he did not know it.
Rescue was too late, exhaustion and cold did him in quickly.

I am sure there are hundreds of similar tales, but of course the young are immortal, until they are not.
View Quote

Yea, I'm not invincible anymore. I now have a fear of heights after last year. And I FUCKING HATE low crawl (I guess 3.5 miles of it killed the fun for me).
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 2:45:48 AM EDT
[#11]
       Mountain lion.

Mountain bear.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top