Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2015 7:26:32 PM EDT
Guys I have called multiple HVAC companies in search of a free blower but every single one claimed they had none. I have three different motors to choose from already that may be suitable for what I need so just the blower would work but if it has a motor attached that works off 110v I would like that as well. Thank you all in advance!
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 3:12:15 PM EDT
[#1]
First and last bump. Help me save the 170 Ill need to spend if i cant get one of these. :(
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 8:09:54 PM EDT
[#2]
What kind of blower?

Where are you located?

I have a small squirrel-cage blower with 120v fractional hp motor that I salvaged from the furnace I replaced a while back.

I was gonna use it for an exhaust fan for my bullet casting bench, but it's just not right for the application.

You can have* it if it will work for you.

*[A small gratuity of, say, a six pack of Icky would not be refused, however].
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 12:56:10 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What kind of blower?

Where are you located?

I have a small squirrel-cage blower with 120v fractional hp motor that I salvaged from the furnace I replaced a while back.

I was gonna use it for an exhaust fan for my bullet casting bench, but it's just not right for the application.

You can have* it if it will work for you.
*[A small gratuity of, say, a six pack of Icky would not be refused, however].
View Quote

I'm in Reno, the fan would have to push about 400 cfm at 1" wg. Check this out on clearance at Amazon it would work well:

http://www.amazon.com/Air-King-AIK26YL-Exhaust-Halogen/dp/B002PU9QBW/ref=sr_1_138?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1431276846&sr=1-138&keywords=blower

I think the motor would have to be at least like 1/4 hp to push that much air. If it is, lemme know and I'll happily forget to take home that six pack I left at your place
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top