Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2015 2:18:55 PM EDT
Oppose SB252: Governor Sandoval's Billion Dollar Tax increase
Vote: Tuesday, 9am (NOT voted on as I write this, but the vote is expected today and my sources say likely to pass unless we can flood the senate with objections!)

MESSAGE: Please Vote NO on SB252, Governor Sandoval's tax increase which is the largest in Nevada History.
Why are (RINO) Republicans voting for the largest tax increase in Nevada history?
This is nothing but a Gross Receipts Tax which was just rejected by the voters in 2014. We don't need a $1.1 billion in new taxes.
Gallup reports that only 44% of Americans have jobs of 30 hours a week or more. Increasing the taxes will lower our standard of living, reduce jobs and cause businesses to fail. (Or write/call with your own message.)

(Emails are Senators first name and last name)Most important Republicans:
[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected],
Democrats need to hear from you too: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected],
[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected],

By Phone leave a message for individual Legislators: Toll Free: 800-978-2878, 800-995-9080, 800-992-0973, Northern Nevada 775-684-6800, 775-684-6789 Southern Nevada 702-486-2626,
We are encouraging Faxes: Toll Free Fax: 866-543-9941
Share your opinion online:https://www.leg.state.nv.us/App/Opinions/78th2015/A/

Largest Tax Increase in Nevada History from NPRI:
http://www.npri.org/issues/publication/poll-90-percent-of-nevadans-dont-know-sandoval-supports-the-largest-tax-increase-in-state-history

More Information on SB252: This bill is part of Governor Sandoval's $1.1 billion tax increase for "education". First of all more money won't improve education. We must repeal Common Core including the costly computers for invasive individual monitoring and testing. We must adopt World Class Standards like Massachusetts and California have done, which are readily available for our use. We must insist that Systematic Intensive Phonics is taught...then children will be able to read like Americans did before the "progressive" "dumbed down" education standards were adopted.
           This bill will increase the annual business license fee from $200 a year to $400 to $4 million a year! Remember businesses don't pay taxes...people do. The Retail Association said this plan mirrors previous gross receipts tax proposals, like the 2014 "failed at the ballot" proposal by the Teachers Union for a GROSS RECEIPTS TAX. All businesses will get taxed not on profits but on gross receipts! Unbelievable! There 330,000 businesses in Nevada. This tax increase is projected to raise $438 million, so there are additional Sandoval tax increases to come.
           Will this proposal increase jobs or improve the economic climate in Nevada? Absolutely not! It will further depress investment in businesses in Nevada. CEO of Gallup Jim Clinton on Feb 5, 2015 wrote an article entitled "The Big Lie: 5.6% Unemployment". He reports the staggeringly low rate of 44% of Americans are working 30 hours a week or more. This shows that the false statistics of the federal government are just what he calls them...A Big Lie. The Governor's tax increase will lead to more job losses in Nevada whether reported or not. All of the special corporate welfare deals for the big guys like Tesla will not change the overall problem.
Gallup Article: http://www.gallup.com/opinion/chairman/181469/big-lie-unemployment.aspx
Las Vegas Review Journal article many details of Governors Tax plan: http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/nevada-legislature/gov-sandoval-details-new-business-fee-plan-fund-nevada-education-reform

Copy of Bill: https://www.leg.state.nv.us/Session/78th2015/Reports/history.cfm?ID=580 Click on Text as Introduced.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 4:17:15 PM EDT
[#1]
All of my complaints fell on deaf ears. The state has forced almost all LLCs to have business licenses (bout 3 years ago), even when not in business (per state law). You used to file an exemption and just pay the annual fees instead.

Guess whose LLCs will be moving to another state?

I am screwed on one business and will likely pay dearly for it.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 4:22:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 4:31:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Emailed and called.

Yg
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 7:39:20 PM EDT
[#4]
E mailed, called.

Preparing to be disappointed.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 7:57:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Emailed them, but I suspect it may be too late?

http://www.thestate.com/news/business/article19117908.html

Passed by a 17-4 margin, wow....
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 9:57:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks a lot Sandoval. I hope this ends your political career. I will never vote for you again.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 12:10:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Still has to pass the assembly, where I hope it will be amended to death!

Kind of frustrating in a way, both of MY guys have or will vote against it, and the RINO's from other districts don't really give damn what I think so there's not much point in my trying to convince them.

The four “no” votes today were Sens. Don Gustavson, James Settelmeyer, Pete Goicoechea and Scott Hammond.
If your guy voted correctly, thank them.
If they joined the RINO/Libtard brigade, damn them!
If your Senators are not among those listed above you need to work on getting them turned around.

Be sure to lean on your assemblyman, the ball is in now their court.
There are viable much improved alternatives on the table in the assembly, the Wheeler - Knecht suggestions need to be amended in ASAP.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 12:59:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, I will get right on that.  I have already written Irene Bustamante Adams more than once about this...

Link Posted: 4/22/2015 6:37:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Just now have time to get caught up...

At least my senator voted correctly.  Need to make sure Hansen isn't fixing to be stupid.

I'm a small business person, at the very least this will double my business license expense.  
Did I miss a link with the structure spelled out so I could estimated?
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 6:38:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Never mind request for link, just saw URL.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top