Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2015 6:26:39 PM EDT
So far Nvgeo and myself are looking to get outdoors sometime next weekend. No concrete plans yet. Just wanted to throw some feelers out there and see if anybody's interested. Maybe we can check out some abandoned mines, or just get out and hike for a few hours. Let me know if anybody's interested.

Eta... The weekend of the 24th, 25th and 26th.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 11:34:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Barring some unforeseen event I would be up for it. Geology is a hobby of mine and I really need to get out urban areas more often.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 2:14:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Ok just fair warning. If nvgeo says small hike that means it is like at least 6 hours so pack water. My 20oz thermal filled w buttered coffee was not enough. Bring water. I like think i had a heart attack because afrer that one it was chest pains and dizzy for a few days. But you should go since its free and trail sex best sex.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:12:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Saturday the 25th is the Smallbore match at the Palomino Valley Gun Club. In theory wraps up around 1PM. I'm open Friday, Saturday after the match, or Sunday.

Let's go for a short hike.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 12:05:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ok just fair warning. If nvgeo says small hike that means it is like at least 6 hours so pack water. My 20oz thermal filled w buttered coffee was not enough. Bring water. I like think i had a heart attack because afrer that one it was chest pains and dizzy for a few days. But you should go since its free and trail sex best sex.
View Quote

Well we are all going to die someday I guess I am still up for it, schedule permitting.

But just for the record I do not have a vehicle that I would like to take off road for any significant distance.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 1:43:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Well we are all going to die someday I guess I am still up for it, schedule permitting.

But just for the record I do not have a vehicle that I would like to take off road for any significant distance.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't worry about that. Between me and nvgeo i think were good. What area do you live close to?
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 3:46:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Right on the Sparks border in Reno, not far from oddie blvd.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 6:16:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
But you should go since its free and trail sex best sex.
View Quote

Brokeback Mountain......
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 6:38:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Were practically neighbors. I'm a few minutes from oddie
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 6:54:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm closer than you are.

Link Posted: 4/21/2015 12:48:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Sounds like I should be prepping for an ambush.

What am I saying I am always prepped for an ambush.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 3:06:57 PM EDT
[#11]
My wife and I would like to join you sometime. However she just had a baby, so we need short hikes - as in 5 miles or less.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 5:11:15 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

My wife and I would like to join you sometime. However she just had a baby, so we need short hikes - as in 5 miles or less.
View Quote

We rarely go more than 3-4 miles. It's the elevation change and rock hopping that makes them more difficult.

We could probably figure out how to rig a stroller to carry the newborn and NSFJojo if need be.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 6:23:54 PM EDT
[#13]
We've got an amazing assortment of baby carriers. No stroller needed!
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 5:30:24 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

We've got an amazing assortment of baby carriers. No stroller needed!
View Quote

Got one that will fit me in it?
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:15:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Decide on a day, folks.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 3:06:27 PM EDT
[#16]
pick a hot day and do a couple thousand feet in elevation changes. Then try to feed me bug infested cliff bars.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 7:59:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Meet at entrance to Washoe Public Range (north on Pyramid) about 0900 Sunday? Rally north from there. There are some old mining areas out there we can probably drive mostly up to and then hike from there.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:30:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Weather looks great. Shot a yote at my place yesterday, and we're only going to be about 10 miles away as a crow flies. Hopefully we'll tag another one today.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:45:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks for the hike today gents. Coincidental thread in GD about Mt Saint Helans, has some cool photos. Imagine that as the caldera we were in. http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1742829_Mt__St__Helens__Before_and_After.html
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 11:49:41 PM EDT
[#20]
That was fun. Should have left the rifle with the truck. Oh and I think I have the wrong rail on for my frontsight. That's probably why it was shooting too high.

I will have to bring some buttered coffee for the next time.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 2:41:04 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

That was fun. Should have left the rifle with the truck. Oh and I think I have the wrong rail on for my frontsight. That's probably why it was shooting too high.

View Quote

it was good until it wasnt
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 11:59:52 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thankfully no one was foolish enough to bring buttered coffee as their refreshment for the day. I did spot a can of Red Bull, but other than that, nothing but purified rain water. We must maintain our purity of essence.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 12:14:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Lol. What's wrong with a little red bull? And what kind of asshole would bring buttered coffee?
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 6:36:17 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Lol. What's wrong with a little red bull? And what kind of asshole would bring buttered coffee?
View Quote

Very funny. He said short hike and it was early.
Top Top