Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2015 4:20:42 AM EDT
Had my front door open because of the nice weather.

At about midnight I heard a single gunshot just south of where I live on my street.

I went to my front door and saw a light colored SUV traveling north on my street at higher than normal rate of speed with the driver's side windows down (front and back).

Although I heard laughing and what sounded like celebratory high fives I couldn't make out the occupants in the vehicle or their race.

Although the 911 operator was polite I had to cut her short a few times with her scripted questions (I know they have a job to do) so I could tell her what happened in a calm and collected way.

Anyway, after we were done with all the info she already knew (i.e. my address and my cell phone number) I told her that the responding officers could contact me and I would be available for them in person to tell them in person what I heard and saw.

I stood outside of my house for over an hour and not one unit drove down my street (let alone contact me).

BTW: I live one block from SEAC.

Rant off.

Link Posted: 4/12/2015 1:29:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, we live in the north west and have called metro about a guy that fires his shotgun when he gets drunk. We call and they never come. Cops are usually present after the fact, you know to take care of the paper work and call the coroner.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 11:38:15 PM EDT
[#2]
A while back I heard some gunshots, and pulled out my scanner to listen for any info. the dispatcher put it on the air, and cop replies back saying he was out of his vehicle a couple streets over, and heard nothing, so I called them to let them know that there were shots fired in the area. it happens all the time around here along with a flashbang now and then a few blocks away.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 3:07:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A while back I heard some gunshots, and pulled out my scanner to listen for any info. the dispatcher put it on the air, and cop replies back saying he was out of his vehicle a couple streets over, and heard nothing, so I called them to let them know that there were shots fired in the area. it happens all the time around here along with a flashbang now and then a few blocks away.
View Quote

They have ALWAYS responded when I have called 911.

I don't know what has changed.

I do know this: If I had fired that shot they would be here knocking on my door in minutes.

I guess this the new Metro. Especially when you live one block from a Substation that you fought for when others didn't.

ETA: This is not a slam against Metro. Just an observation.

Link Posted: 4/13/2015 5:30:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Maybe 10-12 years ago on a New Years eve right around midnight I heard about 10 shots up the street, and heard a vehicle speeding away. Went out to look and just saw taillights speeding away. Saw a neighbor a few houses away looking around too. Called metro, they said there were so many reports of gunshots they were overwhelmed with calls. Around daylight I walked up to the house I thought was the likely target (shit bag white trash fuck face) no holes in house that I could see, but found 8 or 9 .40 S&W cases in the middle of the street right in front of that house.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 11:32:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yeah, we live in the north west and have called metro about a guy that fires his shotgun when he gets drunk. We call and they never come. Cops are usually present after the fact, you know to take care of the paper work and call the coroner.
View Quote

Can you be more specific?  I live close to Rainbow and Grand Teton.  Hear what has to be gunshots about every other weekend.  Have asked about it and everybody around me has heard them but nobody has any idea where they're coming from.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 12:31:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Can you be more specific?  I live close to Rainbow and Grand Teton.  Hear what has to be gunshots about every other weekend.  Have asked about it and everybody around me has heard them but nobody has any idea where they're coming from.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You'd think the shooters immediate neighbors would know huh
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 11:22:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, you would sure think so.  I'm just wondering who his immediate neighbors are and if what I'm hearing is the same guy.
Top Top