Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 12:11:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Im thinking we should make a new firemission thread with a link to the opinions page and a list of the bills we need to submit opinions for possibly crosspost in gd. Gd gets so many firemission threads just for local news polls that get overwhelming response i would think an actial official .gov poll would get hit even harder.
The reason we see so much response from the antis with stuff like this is that they use the web and sicial media to actually organize and take action while a handful of us sit here and complain while failing to engage a broader audience.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 1:37:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Im thinking we should make a new firemission thread with a link to the opinions page and a list of the bills we need to submit opinions for possibly crosspost in gd. Gd gets so many firemission threads just for local news polls that get overwhelming response i would think an actial official .gov poll would get hit even harder.
The reason we see so much response from the antis with stuff like this is that they use the web and sicial media to actually organize and take action while a handful of us sit here and complain while failing to engage a broader audience.
View Quote

link
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 5:15:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Guess because it wasn't a quick hit poll fron USA Today, nobody gives a shit.

Next time some out of stater posts in the hometown forum about carrying in Vegas, I'll send him to that link.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 5:33:23 PM EDT
[#4]
yeah kinda sad
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 8:36:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
yeah kinda sad
View Quote

Truth is, if most gun owners REALLY cared, we would get almost any freedom back we wanted, I am sure of it. When we band together and make ourselves heard, we get amazing things done. The ATF backing off on the recent M855 ammo ban is a classic example of this. If we really pushed hard and made enough noise we could probably get rid of the ATF altogether. It would take a massive effort, but it could be done, IMO.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 9:16:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Prior to the Freedom Rallies held at the state capitol in '84 and '85 shall issue CCW never got out of committee.
Over 2000 people on the capitol steps may have been a factor in that changing?

We cannot take having a more "Friendly" republican controlled legislature for granted.
We still have to make LOTS of noise.
Squeaky wheel thing.
The D's/Anti's are not gone or irrelevant, just reduced in strength.
Link Posted: 3/12/2015 10:36:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Prior to the Freedom Rallies held at the state capitol in '84 and '85 shall issue CCW never got out of committee.
Over 2000 people on the capitol steps may have been a factor in that changing?

We cannot take having a more "Friendly" republican controlled legislature for granted.
We still have to make LOTS of noise.
Squeaky wheel thing.
The D's/Anti's are not gone or irrelevant, just reduced in strength.
View Quote

Absolutely. This is a great opportunity we have so we can't squander it.

Sadly, I don't trust GOP politicians to ram through good legislation down the throats of unwilling dems the same way dems would ram their trash down our throats. Now is the time to rally the troops and make it happen.

I'm on board.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 9:07:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Sounds like SB175 passed today unanimously.

http://search.leg.state.nv.us/isysquery/2530142e-9427-4d65-807d-a83af0aae848/1/doc/SB175.pdf#xml=http://WebApp/isysquery/2530142e-9427-4d65-807d-a83af0aae848/1/hilite/

Start reading at page 4.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 11:33:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

http://search.leg.state.nv.us/isysquery/2530142e-9427-4d65-807d-a83af0aae848/1/doc/SB175.pdf#xml=http://WebApp/isysquery/2530142e-9427-4d65-807d-a83af0aae848/1/hilite/

Start reading at page 4.
View Quote

And I hope the Governor Vetoes It!! And I will quote a post from the comments of this bill which I have known people to be in this situation also: I am all for the bill except for the part about loosing your second amendment right due to a domestic violence misdemeanor. I was falsely accused by two sisters and arrested for domestic violence because they wanted me out of my and my fathers house after he passed away. Fortunately I had a friend over who say what happened. No way should you loose your gun rights over a misdemeanor!

People are NOT seeing the bad things that are being written into these bills. Parts of it are very pro gun, But read the whole thing several times before you think it is good.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 11:43:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

And I hope the Governor Vetoes It!! And I will quote a post from the comments of this bill which I have known people to be in this situation also: I am all for the bill except for the part about loosing your second amendment right due to a domestic violence misdemeanor. I was falsely accused by two sisters and arrested for domestic violence because they wanted me out of my and my fathers house after he passed away. Fortunately I had a friend over who say what happened. No way should you loose your gun rights over a misdemeanor!

People are NOT seeing the bad things that are being written into these bills. Parts of it are very pro gun, But read the whole thing several times before you think it is good.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Start reading at page 4.

It was amended in some ways, not sure how though. The site doesn't show the amended version.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 2:08:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Start reading at page 4.

I agree that you shouldn't lose your gun rights over a misdemeanor. However, it's irrelevant in this law.  It's already against federal law for a person to posses a firearm if convicted of DV.  It's called the Lautenberg amendment.   So it really adds nothing.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 2:12:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 3:08:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Amended language should be up on NELIS next week.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 12:54:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

ATF is a tiny .gov agency. Would you really want the FBI taking over their job with thousands and thousands more agents?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
yeah kinda sad

Truth is, if most gun owners REALLY cared, we would get almost any freedom back we wanted, I am sure of it. When we band together and make ourselves heard, we get amazing things done. The ATF backing off on the recent M855 ammo ban is a classic example of this. If we really pushed hard and made enough noise we could probably get rid of the ATF altogether. It would take a massive effort, but it could be done, IMO.

ATF is a tiny .gov agency. Would you really want the FBI taking over their job with thousands and thousands more agents?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

The real answer is congressional oversight. These agencies have free reign to do as they please in many ways. Congress should have never given them the unconstitutional powers they have granted.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 1:48:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Like the other alphabet agencies BATFE claims that they "Only enforce the laws, we do not write them".
This latest power grab clearly puts the lie to that.
There is no practical difference between writing new "Law" and new "Regulations" if both can send anyone who is convicted of transgressions to prison!

Time for a LOT of laws empowering "Agencies" to be repealed, at the very least the "Empowering" sections have to go.
If congressmen are too lazy to deal with their oversight duties they should be forced from office.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 2:05:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Start reading at page 4.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Start reading at page 4.

the email i got said it passed out of senate judiciary. This means it passed out of committee, still needs to be passed through both houses and then sent to governor.

correct me if im wrong

SB175
Makes various changes relating to public safety.
Senator Roberson’s bill is a domestic violence gun bill.  It prevents individuals convicted of domestic violence from purchasing a firearm.  It extends the Castle Doctrine to occupied motor vehicles.  It creates reciprocity for anyone who is 21 years old and has a CCW from another jurisdiction, and eliminates Clark County’s gun registration program.  It was heard in  Senate Judiciary on February 25th at 1:00 pm. It passed out of Senate Judiciary on March 13th.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 2:56:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Like the other alphabet agencies BATFE claims that they "Only enforce the laws, we do not write them".
There is no practical difference between writing new "Law" and new "Regulations" if both can send anyone who is convicted of transgressions to prison!

Time for a LOT of laws empowering "Agencies" to be repealed, at the very least the "Empowering" sections have to go.
If congressmen are too lazy to deal with their oversight duties they should be forced from office.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Exactly.

Quoted:
Quoted:

Start reading at page 4.

the email i got said it passed out of senate judiciary. This means it passed out of committee, still needs to be passed through both houses and then sent to governor.

correct me if im wrong

SB175
Senator Roberson’s bill is a domestic violence gun bill.  It prevents individuals convicted of domestic violence from purchasing a firearm.  It extends the Castle Doctrine to occupied motor vehicles.  It creates reciprocity for anyone who is 21 years old and has a CCW from another jurisdiction, and eliminates Clark County’s gun registration program.  It was heard in  Senate Judiciary on February 25th at 1:00 pm. It passed out of Senate Judiciary on March 13th.

That's correct. Senate only passed it out of committee. I apologize for the confusion.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 1:03:06 PM EDT
[#18]
http://www.8newsnow.com/story/28552584/bill-allowing-concealed-guns-on-colleges-passes-hurdle
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 1:27:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Newsletter from Janine Hansen with lots of information.
Janine has been fighting these battles even longer than I have, around thirty years now!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nevada Families for Freedom
186 Ryndon Unit 12, Elko, Nevada 89801, 775-397-6859, Sparks 775-356-0105
Janine Hansen [email protected],
March 18, 2015 In the Year of Our Lord, U.S. Constitution Art. VII

Please forward to interested citizens! Thank you for Acknowledgement.

GOOD NEWS! This morning in Assembly Judiciary
All these Gun Rights Bills PASSED

AB139 CCW Reciprocity, AB148 Campus Carry,
AB167 Allowing CCW holders and police to serve as Foster Parents.

Note: AB148 was passed but K-12 Schools and child care facilities were removed. However Campus Carry on Colleges and Universities was passed.

THANK THOSE VOTING YES on AB139, AB148, and AB167:
Assembly Judiciary Committee:
(Emails are Assemblyman's first name and last name) [email protected],
[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected],
Democrat Assemblyman [email protected] voted YES on AB148 and AB167 thank him for the YES votes (he voted NO on AB139 Reciprocity).

These Democrat Assemblymen voted NO on AB139, AB148, and AB167
[email protected], [email protected], [email protected],   [email protected],

We are encouraging Faxes: Toll Free Fax: 866-543-9941
By Phone leave a message for individual Legislators: Toll Free: 800-978-2878, 800-995-9080, 800-992-0973, Northern Nevada 775-684-6800, 775-684-6789 Southern Nevada 702-486-2626,
Share your opinion online: https://www.leg.state.nv.us/App/Opinions/78th2015/A/

See Mock up for Amendments on AB148: https://www.leg.state.nv.us/App/NELIS/REL/78th2015/Bill/1480 go to Mock up for Work Session.

UNLV Newspaper,
Without Campus Carry only Criminals Are Armed. Gun Free Zone violators will face severe federal, state and local criminal penalties."
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/03/02/unlv-newspaper-without-campus-carry-only-criminals-are-armed/
Students for Concealed Carry:http://concealedcampus.org/

It costs money for Janine to be in Carson full time...Rent and gas. Please help!

We depend on your individual free will gifts! Thank you!

You can help Nevada Families for Freedom with our work at the Legislature by contributing on line at: www.nevadafamilies.org

Please make checks payable to Nevada Families (not tax deductible), 186 Ryndon Unit 12, Elko, NV 89801
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 1:55:30 PM EDT
[#20]
As a father of several young children, I am severely disappointed with the amendment to remove K-12 and daycare from the bill.

Also, I believe there is some childcare and K-12 on UNR's campus? How will that affect this bill. Will it effectively make campus carry at UNR completely void?

Gotta take what we can get for now I guess.

I'm actually pretty furious the more I think about it. It really feels like a loss the way they neutered the bill like this.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 4:21:35 PM EDT
[#21]
I think we may be able to get the bill restored to it's proper language.
It has to pass BOTH houses with identical language so the pre-school and K-12 could be put back in.
As I see it the weakened version just helps to assure that the youngest and least able to defend themselves become the most likely targets of nuts or terrorist.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 9:11:07 PM EDT
[#22]
My concern like yours goes to the campuses with kids on em.  I don't know about the other campuses in the state, but these two I do:

At UNR they have the Davidson Academy which falls under K-12, it's really middle school and high school kids.  There is also day care as previously noted.

At TMCC there is the TMCC High School and the E.L. Chord Child Care Center.  

Would that effectively remove the right to carry on both those campuses?

Link Posted: 3/19/2015 1:26:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Good points above in regards to AB148.

I used them in an email to Assemblyman Wheeler.
I do expect that he will take note and answer.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 5:00:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
My concern like yours goes to the campuses with kids on em.  I don't know about the other campuses in the state, but these two I do:

At UNR they have the Davidson Academy which falls under K-12, it's really middle school and high school kids.  There is also day care as previously noted.

At TMCC there is the TMCC High School and the E.L. Chord Child Care Center.  

Would that effectively remove the right to carry on both those campuses?

View Quote

It would present a serious issue.

An often overlooked problem is people that run childcare out of their home. These homes are also forbidden places.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 12:52:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Just sent this letter to those who voted in favor to pass the bill in the Assembly.

I figure we should try and get ahead of things. Let our elected officials know where we stand. Hopefully they can take out these ridiculous amendments.

Assembly Judiciary Committee:

[email protected],
[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected],
Democrat Assemblyman [email protected]

"As written, this bill was a great step forward for our state!

However, as a father of 4 young children, I am outraged at the amendments that were added. Why should my kids get LESS protection from the criminals that would choose a Gun Free Zone to do their evil deeds than anyone else?

They deserve more protection, not to be placed in a Gun Free "killing zone".

And leaving a gun in the car is not gonna help if some criminal decided to go nuts.

CCW holders are more law abiding than police according to statistics (See the testimony of John Lott Jr from the hearing)! Why should CCW holders be FORBIDDEN to carry a gun in a place that a cop can carry in?

Allow CCW holders to protect our children at schools. Nobody else will be there to do it when the time arises.

Gun Free Zones are a proven failure, since mass murderers are known to choose places like that to commit their crimes.

Please protect our children in addition to our young adults. They need our protection the most!"
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 7:22:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Here is one of the responses I got.

"Thank you.  I agree.  My understanding is that the amendment was added to ensure passage because a few members would not vote in favor of the bill without the amendment."
-Assemblyman Erven Nelson
View Quote
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 5:47:09 PM EDT
[#27]
https://www.leg.state.nv.us/App/Opinions/78th2015/A/

Update on the bills to be watching and supporting.

Vote in Favor of the following bills:

AB2 - Would allow for firearms to be kept in cars on school campuses
AB100 - Requires the attorney general in the state of Nevada to bring action to protect and secure certain constitutional rights
AB121 - Makes it against the law for teachers to punish children for wearing pro-2nd amendment apparel
AB127 - Elimination of Clark County Blue Cards
AB136 - Gives hunters the ability to carry a firearm while bow hunting
AB139 - Gives reciprocity to other states that issue CCW
AB148 - Campus Carry Bill
AB167 - Allows foster parents to keep and own firearms
AB171 - Castle Doctrine (extended to cars as well)
AB316 - Would eliminate sales tax on transfers of firearms, specifically at gun shops
AB352 - Public building assurances, No more Blue Card, FREE CCW for cops
AB404 - CCW fixes

SB141 - Allows for possession of switchblade knives and removes driks, daggers, and machetes from the list of prohibited items that can be conceal carried.
SB143 - Constitutional Carry
SB171 - Reciprocity and elimination of blue cards
SB175 - Castle Doctrine, No More Blue Card

Other bills of note you may want to support:

SJR11 - Preserves the right to hunt and fish in the state of NV
AB253 - Requires ID to vote in the state of NV
SB229 - 2A amendment license plates
SB176 - More knife improvements
AB177 - Election improvements

Bills to vote against:

IP2 - Universal background checks. Will be on the ballot in 2016, vote against.
SB187 - Firearms confiscation Bill
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 1:37:22 PM EDT
[#28]
At TMCC and UNR they're getting organized via the on campus emails!

As you may have heard, AB 148 passed through the Judiciary Committee and is headed to the Legislature Floor for a final vote.

There will be a Teach-In on the subject at UNR this Wednesday (3/25) in front of the Knowledge Center at noon.Here is a Facebook link to their event webpage:

https://www.facebook.com/events/828161080603991/.

the intro text of their event states:

"On Wednesday, March 25th from 12-1:30 PM we will be gathering on the steps of the UNR Knowledge Center to hold a teach in against AB 148, the "Guns Everywhere /Campus Carry" Bill. We need as many people to gather together with signs to make a public display to our legislators that we do not support guns in our schools, colleges, or daycares! Listen to speakers give their testimonies against this dangerous bill!

Speakers to include professors, students, teachers, parents, and many more from all walks of life. Not only will they speak/teach all the reasons why this bill is dangerous for Nevadans, but also give tips on how to most effectively contact legislators to stop this bill. Actions will include taking photo petitions to send to legislators and flood social media with as well!"
View Quote

How common sense seems to be beyond the grasp of such a collection of highly educated folks never ceases to amaze me.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 1:43:46 PM EDT
[#29]
I would suggest a strong showing of truly educated people wearing pro-carry shirts and signs. And if these people just happened to work their way into all the propaganda photos, so much the better!
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 7:26:20 PM EDT
[#30]
http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/nevada-legislature/gun-bills-progress-nevada-legislature
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 12:47:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, Greg Brower, doesn't believe that Constitutional Carry has a chance, so he's not going to give it one. If it doesn't get scheduled for a vote, it simply dies without a chance.

Let's send him a message that gun owners are watching and will remember his actions come election time! You can call or email him, although both is preferable.

775-684-1419

Feel free to copy and paste the form letter below:

[email protected]

Senator,

I am writing to urge you to schedule a vote on SB143 (also known as Constitutional Carry).

It deserves consideration. Nevadans are watching and will remember the actions of those in power when the next election cycle comes around.

Please stand up and be counted among those whom we can trust with the sacred oath you hold in office, and to uphold our constitutional rights!

Thank you for you time and consideration.

Sincerely
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 5:07:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Thanks for the notice on this, I've contacted his office in support of seeing this get scheduled for a vote.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 7:04:10 PM EDT
[#33]
http://www.ktvn.com/story/28615215/nevada-students-rally-to-protest-guns-on-campus

I'm told there were about 20 pro-gunners there educating fence sitters. They got a lot of support from passers by.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 12:44:37 AM EDT
[#34]
http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/education/protesters-oppose-campus-carry-bill-question-unlv-s-silence-issue

Poll at the bottom
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 3:15:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Is just me or does it seem Like a lot of the pro gun bills aren't going anywhere fast.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 9:00:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
How common sense seems to be beyond the grasp of such a collection of highly educated folks never ceases to amaze me.
View Quote

Teachers and college administrators consistently score the lowest on SATs.and IQ tests in general.
If they were really smart, they would be making a lot more money doing something else.
The nature of the education industry is to regurgitate what they have read. There is not a lot of room for logic or thought.
Those people live in classrooms for a reason, 90% could never hack it in the real world.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 11:07:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Those people live in classrooms for a reason, 90% could never hack it in the real world.
View Quote

Those who can do it, do it. Those who can't, teach.

Not to condemn all teachers and those that chose that line of work
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 12:29:17 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Is just me or does it seem Like a lot of the pro gun bills aren't going anywhere fast.
View Quote

You're right. We are running out of time pretty fast.

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 7:23:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Any updates?
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:21:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Any updates?
View Quote

Last Update I got from senator settlemeyer 3/20

Firearm's update 3/20/2015
Inbox
x

Settelmeyer, James Senator
Mar 20 (12 days ago)

Senator Settelmeyer’s Nevada Legislative Firearms update

SB141

Revises provisions governing certain dangerous or deadly weapons.

Senator Gustavson’s bill allows for the possession of switchblade knives and removes dirks, daggers, and machetes from the list of prohibited items that can be carried concealed.  It was heard in Senate Judiciary on February 27h at 1:00 pm.

SB143
Revises provisions governing concealed firearms.
Senator Gustavson’s Constitutional Carry bill has bent sent to the Senate Judiciary committee and is not yet scheduled for a meeting. It has been sent to Senate Judiciary and was heard on March 11th at 1:00 pm.

SB171
Revises provisions governing the issuance of permits to carry concealed firearms.
Senator Settelmeyer’s bill creates reciprocity for anyone who is 21 years old and has a CCW from another jurisdiction.  Additionally it eliminates Clark County’s gun registration program.  It was heard in Senate Judiciary on February 25th at 1:00 pm.

SB175
Senator Roberson’s bill is a domestic violence gun bill.  It prevents individuals convicted of domestic violence from purchasing a firearm.  It extends the Castle Doctrine to occupied motor vehicles.  It creates reciprocity for anyone who is 21 years old and has a CCW from another jurisdiction, and eliminates Clark County’s gun registration program.  It was heard in  Senate Judiciary on February 25th at 1:00 pm.  It passed out of Senate Judiciary on March 13th.

SB176
Senator Settelmeyer’s bill allows for the possession of switchblade knives, authorizes belt buckle knives, and preempts counties or municipalities from passing knife laws.  It was heard in  Senate Judiciary on February 27th at 1:00 pm.

SB240

Makes certain changes relating to public safety

Senator Roberson’s bill sets time frames on information that a person is not mentally healthy must be sent to the criminal repository.   This will help insure those that are not mentally well will not be allowed to purchase firearms.   It has been sent to Senate Judiciary and is not yet scheduled for a meeting.

AB2

Authorizes possession of a weapon in a vehicle that is on the property of certain educational entities or child care facilities in certain circumstances.

Speaker Hambrick’s bill allows a person to have a weapon on school grounds in limited situations.  It had a hearing in Assembly Judiciary on March 20th at 8:00 am.

AB100
Requires the Attorney General to bring an action to protect and secure certain constitutional rights of residents of this State under certain circumstances.
Assemblyman Ellison’s bill seeks to have the Attorney General’s office protect Second amendment rights.  It has been sent to Assembly Government Affairs and is not yet scheduled for a meeting.

AB127
Provides for the uniform regulation of firearms in the State of Nevada.
Speaker Hambrick’s bill eliminates the gun registration requirement in Clark County, has been sent to Assembly Government Affairs, and is not yet scheduled for a meeting.

AB139
Revises provisions governing the issuance of permits to carry concealed firearms.
Assemblyman Wheeler’s bill allows for reciprocity with other state CCW permits.  It was heard in Assembly Judiciary committee on February 25th at 8:00 am.  Amend and do pass on March 18th at 8:00 am.

AB148
Assemblywoman Fiore’s bill allows a law enforcement department to give information about courses on handgun safety, and also allows for the carrying of a firearm with a permit on university property, or other areas.  It was heard in Assembly Judiciary committee on March 5th  8:00 am.  Amend and do pass on March 18th at 8:00 am.

AB167 Authorizes the storage and carrying of firearms and ammunition on the premises of a family foster home or by certain persons who reside in a family foster home under certain circumstances. Assemblywoman Fiore’s allows for the storage of firearms and ammunition in foster care homes. It was heard in Assembly Judiciary committee on March 4th at 8:00 am.   Do pass on March 18th at 8:00 am.

AB171   Revises provisions relating to the use of force in defense of persons and property. Assemblywoman Shelton’s bill extends the Castle Doctrine to occupied motor vehicles.  It has been sent the Assembly Judiciary committee and was heard on March 3rd at 8:00 am.

AB352

Revises provisions relating to permits to carry concealed firearms.

Assemblyman Ellison has a bill draft request to revise provisions relating to permits to carry concealed firearms; details are not yet released. It has been sent the Assembly Judiciary committee and has not been scheduled for a hearing.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 9:07:42 PM EDT
[#41]
http://www.rgj.com/story/news/politics/2015/04/02/nevada-senate-passes-free-gun-background-check-bill/70856342/
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 10:00:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Hopefully cutting the rug out from under the Bloomturd "Initiative" but otherwise mostly redundant as it just duplicates current Fed. law.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 1:33:54 AM EDT
[#43]
3 Hearings on Monday!

Support AB352, AB357 AB404: Good Second Amendment Bills

HEARING: Mon. April 6, 8 am  Assembly Judiciary Committee, Rm. 3138
Videoconferenced to Room 4401 of the Grant Sawyer State Office Building, 555 E. Washington Ave., Las Vegas

Information from Nevada Firearms Coalition http://www.nvfac.org/
NVFAC Thanks for all you do for gun rights!

AB 352
Exempts peace officers from payment of fees for a permit to carry a concealed   firearm, clarifies restrictions on open carry of firearms and eliminates the Clark County handgun registration program.

AB 357
Will restore the rights of those convicted of nonviolent crimes and pose no threat once their penalties have been served.

AB 404
Ensures that concealed firearms permits are processed promptly and protects concealed firearms permittees from arrest and firearms seizures if their permit expires while their completed renewal permit is being processed, or if its processing has been delayed.

Please support AB352, AB357, AB404 which are very reasonable improvements in our firearms laws. (For more detail see above).
(Or write your own message.)                    

Message on email subject line: Vote Yes on
AB352, AB357 AB404 gun bills
(Emails are Assemblyman's first name and last name)[email protected]
, [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected],

We are encouraging Faxes: Toll Free Fax: 866-543-9941
By Phone leave a message for individual Legislators: Toll Free: 800-978-2878, 800-995-9080, 800-992-0973, Northern Nevada 775-684-6800, 775-684-6789 Southern Nevada 702-486-2626,
Share your opinion online: https://www.leg.state.nv.us/App/Opinions/78th2015/A/

View AB352: http://www.leg.state.nv.us/Session/78th2015/Reports/history.cfm?ID=760
        AB357: http://www.leg.state.nv.us/Session/78th2015/Reports/history.cfm?ID=783
        AB404: http://www.leg.state.nv.us/Session/78th2015/Reports/history.cfm?ID=882

Link Posted: 4/5/2015 6:30:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Done, thanks Richard.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 11:53:08 PM EDT
[#45]
NRA's late alert.

Nevada: Expanded Carry Bill to Receive Vote Tomorrow

Tomorrow, Assembly Bill 148 is expected to receive a vote in the Assembly.

As previously reported, AB 148, introduced by Assemblywoman Michele Fiore (R-4), would revise concealed-weapons laws to expand areas where concealed carry permit holders can lawfully carry.  
Incorporated into AB 148, is Assembly Bill 2.  By merging AB 2 into this bill, AB 148 would also respect the right of law-abiding gun owners to possess a firearm inside a motor vehicle on property of the Nevada System of Higher Education, a private or public school and childcare facilities.

Please contact your state Assemblyman/woman today and urge him or her to SUPPORT AB 148 when it comes before them for a final vote.

Also on Monday, three firearm-related bills are scheduled for a hearing at 8:00 a.m. in the Assembly Judiciary Committee.

Assembly Bill 352, introduced by Assemblyman John Ellison (R-33), exempts peace officers from the fees required to obtain a permit to carry concealed.  AB 352 also aims to clarify existing Nevada law to ensure an individual’s right to carry a firearm that is not concealed on the premise of any public building where a prohibition on the carrying of a firearm is not otherwise imposed.

Assembly Bill 357, introduced by Assemblywoman Fiore, authorizes certain individuals who are prohibited from possessing firearms to petition the district court for the restoration of the right to own, possess, and control a firearm.

Assembly Bill 404, also introduced by Assemblywoman Fiore, makes changes to current Nevada law pertaining to the issuance and renewal of a permit to carry a concealed weapon.  AB 404 provides that if a permittee submits an application for renewal before the expiration date, the permit remains valid until the sheriff grants or denies the application.  AB 404 also provides that a refund of the respective application fee be made to an applicant or permittee if the sheriff does not grant or deny an application within 120 days.

Your NRA-ILA will continue to keep you updated when more information is available.

Link Posted: 4/6/2015 6:57:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Today, Assembly Bill 148 was passed in the Assembly by a 24 to 15 vote.  
As previously reported, AB 148, introduced by Assemblywoman Michele Fiore (R-4), would revise concealed-weapons laws to expand areas where concealed carry permit holders can lawfully carry.  Incorporated into AB 148, is Assembly Bill 2.  By merging AB 2 into this bill, AB 148 would also respect the right of law-abiding gun owners to possess a firearm inside a motor vehicle on property of the Nevada System of Higher Education, a private or public school and childcare facilities###?.

### I thought the AB2 portion got trimmed back to JUST universities?

Assembly Bill 148 will now be transmitted to the Senate where it will await committee referral.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 1:10:31 AM EDT
[#48]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1djOo7Sfg0

I put John R Lott Jr's Testimony on Youtube for you to share with anyone who may be on the fence about this issue.
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 9:13:02 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Today, Assembly Bill 148 was passed in the Assembly by a 24 to 15 vote.  
As previously reported, AB 148, introduced by Assemblywoman Michele Fiore (R-4), would revise concealed-weapons laws to expand areas where concealed carry permit holders can lawfully carry.  Incorporated into AB 148, is Assembly Bill 2.  By merging AB 2 into this bill, AB 148 would also respect the right of law-abiding gun owners to possess a firearm inside a motor vehicle on property of the Nevada System of Higher Education, a private or public school and childcare facilities###?.

### I thought the AB2 portion got trimmed back to JUST universities?

Assembly Bill 148 will now be transmitted to the Senate where it will await committee referral.
View Quote

I believe it cut out just child care facilities and carrying on school grounds would be primarly for picking up/dropping off your kids.  If I remember correctly it wasn't allowed inside buildings of a school but was allowed on the property.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 8:56:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Liberal leaning cowards killed several good bills today by denying them a hearing before today's deadline.
Here is what remains for us to support.

Senator Settelmeyer’s Nevada Legislative Firearms update.
This is an updated list as of today April 10th, which is Committee First House Passage Deadline.  Some bills are off the list due to their failure to pass by that time.
SB175
Senator Roberson’s bill is a domestic violence gun bill.  It prevents individuals convicted of domestic violence from purchasing a firearm###.  It extends the Castle Doctrine to occupied motor vehicles.  It creates reciprocity for anyone who is 21 years old and has a CCW from another jurisdiction, and eliminates Clark County’s gun registration program.  It was heard in  Senate Judiciary on February 25th at 1:00 pm.  It passed out of Senate Judiciary on March 13th. Passed the Senate floor on March 23rd with 14 Yeas and 5 Nays.
### My own comment would have to be that the "Domestic Violence" portion of this bill is redundant and unnecessary as it is ALREADY covered by Fed. law.

SB176
Senator Settelmeyer’s bill allows for the possession of switchblade knives, authorizes belt buckle knives, and preempts counties or municipalities from passing knife laws.  It was heard in  Senate Judiciary on February 27th at 1:00 pm.  It passed out of Senate Judiciary on March 27th.  Passed the Senate floor on April 8th  with 21 Yeas and 0 Nays.

SB240
Makes certain changes relating to public safety
Senator Roberson’s bill sets time frames on information that a person is not mentally healthy must be sent to the criminal repository.   This will help insure those that are not mentally well will not be allowed to purchase firearms.   It was heard in  Senate Judiciary on February 23rd at 1:00 pm.  It passed out of Senate Judiciary on March 27th.  Passed the Senate floor on April 2nd  with 20 Yeas and 0 Nays.

AB100
Requires the Attorney General to bring an action to protect and secure certain constitutional rights of residents of this State under certain circumstances.
Assemblyman Ellison’s bill seeks to have the Attorney General’s office protect Second amendment rights.  It was heard in Assembly Judiciary on April 7th at 8:00 am and given a Do Pass recommendation.

AB139
Assemblyman Wheeler’s bill allows for reciprocity with other state CCW permits.  It was heard in Assembly Judiciary committee on February 25th at 8:00 am.  Amend and do pass on March 18th at 8:00 am.

AB148
Assemblywoman Fiore’s bill allows a law enforcement department to give information about courses on handgun safety, and also allows for the carrying of a firearm with a permit on university property, or other areas.  It was heard in Assembly Judiciary committee on March 5th  8:00 am.  Amend and do pass on March 18th at 8:00 am.  Passed the Assembly floor on April 6th with 24 Yeas and 15 Nays.

AB167 Authorizes the storage and carrying of firearms and ammunition on the premises of a family foster home or by certain persons who reside in a family foster home under certain circumstances. Assemblywoman Fiore’s allows for the storage of firearms and ammunition in foster care homes. It was heard in Assembly Judiciary committee on March 4th at 8:00 am.   Do pass on March 18th at 8:00 am.  Passed the Assembly floor on March 23rd with 26 Yeas and 15 Nays.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top