Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2014 7:06:25 PM EDT
Just  little pissed off and im sure i'll get told i have no right to be.
I went in to HPD to register a handgun (S&W J frame). I walked in with the cylinder open and cupped in my hand, barrel down, grip up and facing forward and my hand opened so anyone could see that it was indeed unloaded. Or at the minimum it was cylinder open and in an akward position to quickly cause any harm. I was that it must be in a case of some sort and politly told to go away. I have registered several handguns at this location and NONE of them have been in a case or rug. all have been brought in cylinder open or slide locked back, unloaded and or no magazine and carried in a nonthreatening way and never had a problem.
Yes , I saw the signage on the door that said all firearms must be in a case of some sort and or locked with a gunlock of some sort. That was sign was there when I registered other handguns without being in a case. Why in the hell should I have to go by something that i don't want, don't need, and won't use just so the person behind the desk can feel all warm and fuzzy. Try do do whats right and they make things difficult.

Rant off.....Flame on!
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:18:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Bring it in a box.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 12:49:44 AM EDT
[#2]
gift wrap it
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 1:33:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Its a J frame, put it in a sock

I did one blue card at HPD (Silly seller had to get it out of his name )

2 coppers helped us do a US Firearms Single Action Rodeo.
Had paperwork, receipt, old blue card. all said USFA RODEO

They put down on mine "Colt SAA" complete with a 4-digit serial.
So I have a Custer battlefield gun worth bout 100 times more than what I paid for it according to a police dept.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 8:45:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I dunno man. You can grab some really cheap cases these days. CTD has some for 8 dollars. I'd personally go the case route. I would imagine some scared shitless cop might get tunnel vision and only zero in on a man with a gun.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:09:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes , I saw the signage on the door that said all firearms must be in a case of some sort and or locked with a gunlock of some sort.
View Quote

There is your answer right there.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 1:37:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I wasn't looking for answers. Just venting. I find it ridiculous that I have to go buy something that I dont want and won't use just so I can get into a building so I can then comply with a law that is just as supid .
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 4:43:15 PM EDT
[#7]
i walked in with a pistol in a giant rifle case before...

haven't you gotten any pistols that come with a case from the manufacturer? just shove it in there.

it is ridiculous that we even have to register pistols.

while we're at it what actually defines a gun case as a gun case distinguishable from any other bag. have a gun in a gun case and it's fine and dandy have one in a backpack with no ccw and suddenly you are a criminal...
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 6:00:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 5:44:20 AM EDT
[#9]
put it in a suitCASE
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 1:30:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Same crap when you drive thru Cali. You need to have the firearm locked in a "case" with no definition of what the case needs to be...... Shoe box with a string around it? Ammo can with giant chain and lock?

Get a dollar store Tupperware dish...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top